• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly

Bob McCowan (2)
It seems the Fox Fantasy setup which has run the past few years has changed.
(at least the site has not been working)

But I just found this:
http://rugbysupercoach.foxsports.com.au/

They have changed the format a bit - but looks good.

Better than the ARU one from last year at any rate - IMO.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
ARU doesn't appear to be backing up again this year.

So the only 2 comps are the new Fox Sports one and the Draft.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Well at the moment there are 9 members in the GAGR fantasy draft.

THE DRAFT STARTS SUNDAY (8/02/15) 9PM AEDT.

I can change it if it's inconvenient for the majority. But at the moment it's going ahead.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Would anyone be able to write 2/3 paragraphs about it (how it works, why it's cool)? Especially good if someone who already did it. That way we can get front page readers involved as well

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I believe Benaud won both the ARU and the Foxsports comps last year so he should write something here and someone can post it.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Haha cheers mate but this is a different comp - I haven't played it before so can't really describe how it works, why it's cool, etc., any better than anyone looking at it for the first time.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Gagger might have meant the new Foxsports Fantasy Comp (although I could be wrong).

Seems little point promoting the draft comp that only 10 people here are doing.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Hey I tried to join our draft league but got told 'there are no more team positions available'.

Can we expand our numbers or am I locked out?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Well either way that's pretty impressive Benaud and I'd love to hear some general tips if you're willing to share.

Also the time suits everyone?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I think Gagger might have meant the new Foxsports Fantasy Comp (although I could be wrong).

Seems little point promoting the draft comp that only 10 people here are doing.

Yeah - I just want to blow the horn of gondor for whichever one most people will be on. A team of 10 won't really work.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Better going with the fox sports one I reckon.

The ARU one last year was an absolute dog, I gave up on it 3 rounds in. Terrible site when compared to Fox.

The fantasy draft is a bit different, I played it last year but never really got my head around it.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Better going with the fox sports one I reckon.

The ARU one last year was an absolute dog, I gave up on it 3 rounds in. Terrible site when compared to Fox.

Benaud must be some sort of computer genius to have won. I got locked out of it numerous times and couldn't get back in. The logic of using the site and making team changes was a total mystery; and the site service staff never once replied to my messages. I vote for Fox.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Pump up the FoxSports comp, the Draft Fantasy comp is great but each league is limited to 14 players. The Draft Fantasy league will be fun, but is probably more dedicated fantasisers ( Watching The League - all seasons - is compulsory).

We have a few spots still available in our Draft Fantasy league (Draft Day is set for next Thursday night)

Feel free to sign up - http://www.fantasyrugbydraft.com/homeleaguetable/RLRU_Draft_League

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I noticed the first GAGR fantasy rugby draft league was full so I went and created a second one for anyone still interested.

League name: Green and Gold Rugby
Password: gagr

I'm just getting my head around the settings and the like, however I set the draft date to the Thursday 12 January - the week of round 1 of Super Rugby - at 17:00 AWST. If you want it modified, I'd be happy to.

Hope to do battle with you
The Journeymen will see you on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.