• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
t

Do they? Serious question. While it would make sense that you have to invest in your labour force in order to generate revenue many managers/businessmen seem to have overlooked that.

I'm not suggesting its a policy issue but it's a system that would exploit a WorkChoices system to maximise profits at the expense of the workforce.

It depends mate, some essentially skill-less roles are deemed interchangeable, and managers spend as little as possible on those roles

But the knowledge and skills required for a role, the more expensive it is to source and replace - those roles get all the love.

Secret, make yourself valuable, then you enter into the eternal management battle; "how little can I spend/exert energy to keep a unit happy and motivated"

There was a good podcast on the subject of the winners and losers in this changing economy

The End of the Pay Rise?

Wages have fallen for most of us for the last six years in Britain, which is unprecedented. We’re told that there’s a return in economic growth and yet wages have still not picked up. What has happened? Is this a long term problem – is this the end of the pay rise? Paul Johnson, director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, explores the mystery of our falling wages and how wages are shared out between the top earners and the rest of us.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/analysis

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Companies that try to downsize in a period of economic difficulty often find themselves worse off afterwards. Employees go to competitors after getting paid out with all entitlements, then that pairings just need to be filled again with the associated recruiting costs and investment in training.

The bigger problem within a GFC-style situation is it ends up in a financial correction of wage earnings as opposed to salary

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Companies that try to downsize in a period of economic difficulty often find themselves worse off afterwards. Employees go to competitors after getting paid out with all entitlements, then that pairings just need to be filled again with the associated recruiting costs and investment in training.

The bigger problem within a GFC-style situation is it ends up in a financial correction of wage earnings as opposed to salary
The article I posted touches on that, they all took paycuts instead

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
No boats, no carbon tax and MRT will go.

When has it been a PM delivered on so many promises in 8 moths. Short term pain for long term gain. Keep writing Abbott of just like Turnball, Gillard, Rudd etc have for years.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Interesting piece in the SMH on how the Greens are being stupid and have allowed Palmer to hold the balance of power

Some seasoned political observers argue the Greens have cut themselves out of the balance of power because they are driven by a hardline dislike of Tony Abbott. The party has faced an internal backlash over its surprise decision to oppose the government's proposed re-indexation of fuel excise, a measure that would push up the price of petrol and raise billions of dollars.

Mr Oquist's colleague at the Australia Institute, Richard Denniss, for example, says the party has ''cut themselves out because Christine Milne's political strategy is to oppose things that Tony Abbott introduces''.

''That's why Clive Palmer is in the balance of power. His votes only count when the Greens and Labor vote as a bloc. So ironically it's Christine's strategy that's placing Clive in the balance of power on every issue.''
''Even when Abbott proposes things that Greens support - petrol taxes, increasing taxes on high-income earners, the PPL [paid parental leave scheme] - she's opposing it. But if she's opposing it and Labor's opposing it then who can provide the support that the government needs? The other cross-benchers [for example, the PUP].''

http://www.smh.com.au/national/saving-the-environment-through-the-back-door-20140718-3c6n7.html

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Well them's the facts despite all the clutter around it. Whether we like Abbot or not.

So no, he's not kidding.

Just the mining tax to go and Abbot can go on holidays.
That's exactly why I can't stand the man.
None of these "achievements" actually change anything of substance.
Apart from making us look like fucktards on the world stage.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
That's exactly why I can't stand the man.
None of these "achievements" actually change anything of substance.
Apart from making us look like fucktards on the world stage.
Really?

Agree they change little.

Can you actually show me mainstream media overseas that gives a shit? I have just spent six weeks in Europe and the UK. I like to read local papers as much as I can when overseas and I have not seen much more than a mention about the boat turned back a couple of weeks back. One report and that was the end of it.

The world really does not give a shit other than the occasional "outrage" over asylum seekers and the odd leftie press that writes a side piece about the carbon tax.

To suggest anything else is a clear case of suffering serious delusions of grandeur.

Let's not get carried away. Europe and the US are dealing with big issues. They don't give shit.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PS I am only here to skim through the SMH as the whole thing gets posted here for free every day.

Saved me a bit of cash it has.

:)

Now can anyone quote the whole Australian daily and the AFR on weekends?

That way I can bomb all my subscriptions.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PS I am only here to skim through the SMH as the whole thing gets posted here for free every day.

Saved me a bit of cash it has.

:)

Now can anyone quote the whole Australian daily and the AFR on weekends?

That way I can bomb all my subscriptions.
He he. You're an evil man, boet.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
No boats, no carbon tax and MRT will go.

When has it been a PM delivered on so many promises in 8 moths. Short term pain for long term gain. Keep writing Abbott of just like Turnball, Gillard, Rudd etc have for years.

Well let's just see what the high court has to say about the boats. Also remember these are the boats that came after they gloated about the boats being stopped.

The repeal of the carbon tax is as scrappy and watered down as what Gillard's mining tax remember. Look at the cluster fuck that lead to its repeal.

I would be careful about claiming such victories.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Interesting piece in the SMH on how the Greens are being stupid and have allowed Palmer to hold the balance of power

That article makes a good point. Remember though they gave him his raised debt ceiling.

Personally what I don't like about the Greens is their pig headed attitude to compromise. One could claim that they through this put Abbott into power.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Really?

Agree they change little.

Can you actually show me mainstream media overseas that gives a shit? I have just spent six weeks in Europe and the UK. I like to read local papers as much as I can when overseas and I have not seen much more than a mention about the boat turned back a couple of weeks back. One report and that was the end of it.

The world really does not give a shit other than the occasional "outrage" over asylum seekers and the odd leftie press that writes a side piece about the carbon tax.

To suggest anything else is a clear case of suffering serious delusions of grandeur.

Let's not get carried away. Europe and the US are dealing with big issues. They don't give shit.
Never meant to suggest that we were the focus of the world,merely that the prick makes us look like fucking hillbillies to anyone that is watching/listening to what he prattles on about.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Greens are of the left thats why no criticism that Russia one of the worlds largest gas supplies should not have a carbon tax. Perhaps their politics are too close to Russians. Alright to criticize China as they are the wrong left having to much capitalism.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well let's just see what the high court has to say about the boats. Also remember these are the boats that came after they gloated about the boats being stopped.

The repeal of the carbon tax is as scrappy and watered down as what Gillard's mining tax remember. Look at the cluster fuck that lead to its repeal.

The reason they are not home safe in bed is the left who have brought the court case is keeping them on the boats as hostages to their ideological war with Abbott.
Let them suffer as long as the ends justify the means.

The Carbon taxis gone scrappy or notand thanks to the greens we have no emissions schemes at all. Too much purity.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
That article makes a good point. Remember though they gave him his raised debt ceiling.

Personally what I don't like about the Greens is their pig headed attitude to compromise. One could claim that they through this put Abbott into power.

I see the Greens and the PUP as protest parties, their challenge is the the more they become part of the system, the more the "protesters" become disaffected and they lose votes.

The Greens lost standing IMHO the more they worked and did deals with Labor, the PUP will have the same issue with the Libs.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

If High court says "x", Abbott will go another tack

It is one of the few things the electorate is happy about

Status
Not open for further replies.