• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Yeah... The Telegrpah was downright offensive last year. Painting ministers of the Labor party as murderous tyrants like Stalin. Yet unlike that fucking pissant Chris Kenny or Joe Hockey, guys like Conroy didn't cry to his mama and demand money be given to him for his hurt feelings.

Also, anyone else get a laugh out of George "people have the right to be bigots" Brandis complaining about that cartoon? I mean seriously, is he really that fucking stupid that he doesn't know he's not exactly the bloke to be making that comment?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Sorry, I haven't seen the cartoon but surly TahDan you can't be talking about the great "not occupied territories but disputed territories" George Brandis?

Maybe one day his over priced book case will fall over and squash him.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Are you suggesting that Ricky Muir wants his seat in the Senate lowered? He'd also get a fully sick exhaust and a spoiler installed.

It would need a V8. None of this pussy 4 or 6 cylinder crap. And a sound system to churn out Thunderstruck by Acca Dacca when he does some circle work to express his approval of a bill.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So you guys think a picture of Tony Abbot and a "newspaper" (notice the quotes because to call the Telegraph a newspaper is pushing it a tad far) is lower than depicting your average Israeli as taking pleasure from bombing Palestine?

Not much room left for any sensible conversation.

All I will say is that the killing of innocent people is terrible. Hamas uses them like pawns by firing rockets from civilian locations and purposefully storing their weapons caches under mosques and schools and leaking intelligence. This has been proven time abad again.

Aid money has flowed into Gaza for years. Hamas has not built a single shelter for civilians. Not one. Israeli charities have donated building materials by the tonnes. Where do you think the concrete lining in the tunnels come from?

Hamas is an evil organisation that simply has to be destroyed for the sake of both sides. The collateral damage IS absolutely horrible but what else can Israel do?

I have friends who live within 200 yards of where a tunnel exit was discovered last week. Only reason they found it is because a kid spotted an armed soldier creeping from it.

I'll let them know that responding to Hamas rockets is not necessary and not to worry because our right wing media prints pictures of Tony Abbot so we have it much worse over here.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hamas uses them like pawns by firing rockets from civilian locations and purposefully storing their weapons caches under mosques and schools and leaking intelligence. This has been proven time abad again.

So this is known, but Israel still chooses to fire ordnance into that area?

Doesn't seem like sound strategy, really. Hardly like the citizenry are going to betray Hamas, as they've seen what a pack of utter fluffybunnys they are. Rock and hard place.

I think Israel would do themselves a huge service by moving to surgical strike teams, sparing the civilian population, and cutting the Hamas leadership off at the head.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't think anyone is arguing that Hamas aren't an horrendous terrorist organisation but there are somewhere around 1.6m Palestinians living in the Gaza Strip whose homes have largely been decimated.

I find it very hard to blame a civilian population at large for the actions of Hamas.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Oh we have been lower. Much lower.

Like this, for example?

4872546-3x4-700x933.jpg

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
So you guys think a picture of Tony Abbot and a "newspaper" (notice the quotes because to call the Telegraph a newspaper is pushing it a tad far) is lower than depicting your average Israeli as taking pleasure from bombing Palestine?

Not much room left for any sensible conversation.

All I will say is that the killing of innocent people is terrible. Hamas uses them like pawns by firing rockets from civilian locations and purposefully storing their weapons caches under mosques and schools and leaking intelligence. This has been proven time abad again.

Aid money has flowed into Gaza for years. Hamas has not built a single shelter for civilians. Not one. Israeli charities have donated building materials by the tonnes. Where do you think the concrete lining in the tunnels come from?

Hamas is an evil organisation that simply has to be destroyed for the sake of both sides. The collateral damage IS absolutely horrible but what else can Israel do?

I have friends who live within 200 yards of where a tunnel exit was discovered last week. Only reason they found it is because a kid spotted an armed soldier creeping from it.

I'll let them know that responding to Hamas rockets is not necessary and not to worry because our right wing media prints pictures of Tony Abbot so we have it much worse over here.

You still haven't explained how the picture was anti-Semitic mate. Funny that.

As I said mate, I don't have any love for the religious psychopaths pushing the carnage on either side.

But you've just made it clear that you think it's quite acceptable to take joy out of the deaths of innocent people caught in the collateral of this religiously driven mess.

So yes, I think you're right in saying there's not much room left for sensible conversation when you've got a guy like you who thinks its cool to take pleasure from that sort of butchery.

The Palestinians have Hamas, and the Israelis have their Haredi - they're both fucking nuts and couldn't give a stuff about human life and essentially no different from fascists. Why you can only see one side as being bad is beyond me.

Seriously, I sometimes think that both sides would be better off if the Chinese invaded, took over the whole fucking place and bulldozed all their bloody religious monuments and turned it into a big fucking Chinese style capitalist-commie shopping mall. Seems to me they'd all be better off to have a pack of god-less capitalists in red commie clothing telling them all what to do.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the reason why the cartoon in question was anti-semitic was that it purely pointed the finger at Jews for bombing Gaza.

I think it needs to be considered that Israelis and Jews are not one and the same. There are many Jews throughout the world who are outraged at what is happening in Israel.

The cartoon was clearly referencing the fact that every night there have been Israelis sitting on top of that hill (and others I'm sure) watching the bombings take place in Gaza and cheering with every strike. The overwhelming majority of my Jewish friends are disgusted by this behaviour and would not consider those actions as being appropriate for someone who considers themselves a Jew.

Tarring every Jew with the same brush is racist.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
You still haven't explained how the picture was anti-Semitic mate. Funny that.

As I said mate, I don't have any love for the religious psychopaths pushing the carnage on either side.

But you've just made it clear that you think it's quite acceptable to take joy out of the deaths of innocent people caught in the collateral of this religiously driven mess.

So yes, I think you're right in saying there's not much room left for sensible conversation when you've got a guy like you who thinks its cool to take pleasure from that sort of butchery.

The Palestinians have Hamas, and the Israelis have their Haredi - they're both fucking nuts and couldn't give a stuff about human life and essentially no different from fascists. Why you can only see one side as being bad is beyond me.

Seriously, I sometimes think that both sides would be better off if the Chinese invaded, took over the whole fucking place and bulldozed all their bloody religious monuments and turned it into a big fucking Chinese style capitalist-commie shopping mall. Seems to me they'd all be better off to have a pack of god-less capitalists in red commie clothing telling them all what to do.

Because my mere virtue of the fact that you are asking suggests to me it would be a lost cause. Mate.

If you have arrived at the fact that I think it's okay to take joy out of this misery you are quite frankly arguing for the sake of it.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I seriously don't know how the fuck you could come to that conclusion from anything I've said.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Because my mere virtue of the fact that you are asking suggests to me it would be a lost cause. Mate.

If you have arrived at the fact that I think it's okay to take joy out of this misery you are quite frankly arguing for the sake of it.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I seriously don't know how the fuck you could come to that conclusion from anything I've said.

Pretty simple mate - I drew the conclusion from you getting your panties in a knot over a fucking cartoon in the way we've come to expect Muslims to. In fact I have more to go on than you do in your weird belief that Le Lievre is some Nazi because he drew a picture of a bloke with a big nose.

I mean fuck me, the cartoon was BLATANTLY caricaturing a disgusting photo from THE ACTUAL ISRAELIS sitting and watching this bloody bombing like it was a game of footy.

Drawing attention to that sick act isn't anti Semitic and if you think it is you don't know what anti semitism actually is.

But the fact is you brought this side show bullshit up mate, and it's you who seems to be taking sides in this religious cluster-fuck. So if you can't explain why this is antisemitism then don't have a big cry about it in the first place.

I mean really, all the shit going on in that joint and pissants like you are getting your heart rate up over a fucking cartoon.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Abbott needs to hit the reset button

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-05/berg-abbott-needs-to-hit-the-reset-button/5648206

"The bottom line for the Prime Minister is this, and it's dire: the Government is unable to legislate its budget policies that voters don't want anyway, writes Chris Berg.

The Abbott Government is about to learn that the hardest political manoeuvre is changing direction.
In their times, Kevin Rudd, John Howard and John Hewson tried this tricky exercise. Each fumbled."
"What makes the Government's problem even worse is that it's trapped by both legislative forces and public opinion. Tony Abbott's prime ministerial predecessors have only had to deal with one, rather than both."
"The problem, in the end, is that budget. And the only way to resolve it is to reset it."

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Pretty simple mate - I drew the conclusion from you getting your panties in a knot over a fucking cartoon in the way we've come to expect Muslims to. In fact I have more to go on than you do in your weird belief that Le Lievre is some Nazi because he drew a picture of a bloke with a big nose.

I mean fuck me, the cartoon was BLATANTLY caricaturing a disgusting photo from THE ACTUAL ISRAELIS sitting and watching this bloody bombing like it was a game of footy.

Drawing attention to that sick act isn't anti Semitic and if you think it is you don't know what anti semitism actually is.

But the fact is you brought this side show bullshit up mate, and it's you who seems to be taking sides in this religious cluster-fuck. So if you can't explain why this is antisemitism then don't have a big cry about it in the first place.

I mean really, all the shit going on in that joint and pissants like you are getting your heart rate up over a fucking cartoon.

I don't know who you think you are but although this forum does allow fiery debate it does not allow people calling each other names.

I promise you I am completely comfortable with what antisemitism is and isn't and I will not be lectured but some frothing newbie on a forum about my own understanding.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Abbott needs to hit the reset button

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-05/berg-abbott-needs-to-hit-the-reset-button/5648206

"The bottom line for the Prime Minister is this, and it's dire: the Government is unable to legislate its budget policies that voters don't want anyway, writes Chris Berg.

The Abbott Government is about to learn that the hardest political manoeuvre is changing direction.
In their times, Kevin Rudd, John Howard and John Hewson tried this tricky exercise. Each fumbled."
"What makes the Government's problem even worse is that it's trapped by both legislative forces and public opinion. Tony Abbott's prime ministerial predecessors have only had to deal with one, rather than both."
"The problem, in the end, is that budget. And the only way to resolve it is to reset it."

Hey Boyo!

I agree with something you posted!

Yeah!

:)

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I don't know who you think you are but although this forum does allow fiery debate it does not allow people calling each other names.

I promise you I am completely comfortable with what antisemitism is and isn't and I will not be lectured but some frothing newbie on a forum about my own understanding.

Again mate, you started this whole thing with frothing name calling - it's just that it was directed at a cartoonist trying to make a pretty simple point that had nothing to do with hating Jews.

The fact that you can't grasp that and started all this over such a non-issue is pretty pathetic and I'm not particularly interested in being lectured by someone so bloody precious and desperate to be offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.