• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just to be clear, I am not advocating wrong-doing.

This calls into question the motives for such an RC. A witch-hunt perhaps? Surely it wasn't politically motivated.

Unions royal commission extension reveals true motivations
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...reveals-true-motivations-20141008-10rphm.html

"The real reason for the extension now comes to the fore: Simply put, the union royal commission has not yet delivered the political bang for the public buck its champions had so eagerly anticipated."

One article will not cover the illegality which is now surfacing within several unions. As a union member these unions give the rest a bad name.
The hassle is that they may have not only engaged in illegal activity but had a direct control/say etc in the creating of ALP policy through conferences and effected who is the leader and the PM.

Would ALP have ever done this investigation. Look to Faulkner as a man who sees the evil here.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)

Ask ALP to pass the budget, let confidence rise as it is a key influence on economic decisions that create jobs.

Their blocking is helpping keep Australians out of job opportunities as the gov't needs funds to engage in job creation schemes and these are being denied.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
An example of a proposal/policy that is poorly thought through.

So glad that the adults are in charge. They couldn't run a choko vine over a shithouse.

GP co-payment would crush NSW emergency departments: report

"Dr Owler said the policy was "driven by a fiscal and economic outlook, there is no consideration of … the health care needs of the Australian community."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/gp-copayment-would-crush-nsw-emergency-departments-report-20141007-10rbih.html#ixzz3FW9GJ0pQ

Same groups said Medicare would kill the medical profession. Australian's want everything free. A hang over from poor old Whitlam who stated Medicare will be free then put in a 1% levy instead of the much higher recommendations.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
I could have added the promise on free education which he also put in place and had to be adjusted by Keating with HECs when reality hit them.

Lovely social promises like no child will live in poverty but when it comes to payment or funding Labour struggles.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Ask ALP to pass the budget, let confidence rise as it is a key influence on economic decisions that create jobs.

Their blocking is helpping keep Australians out of job opportunities as the gov't needs funds to engage in job creation schemes and these are being denied.

Evasion.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Same groups said Medicare would kill the medical profession. Australian's want everything free. A hang over from poor old Whitlam who stated Medicare will be free then put in a 1% levy instead of the much higher recommendations.

Evasion.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I could have added the promise on free education which he also put in place and had to be adjusted by Keating with HECs when reality hit them.

Lovely social promises like no child will live in poverty but when it comes to payment or funding Labour struggles.

Evasion.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

Alternatively, Abbott and Hockey could present a budget that the ALP can actually help pass without turning their back on their own constituency.....

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Alternatively, Abbott and Hockey could present a budget that is the ALP can actually help pass without turning their back on their own constituency...

or if they can't get the revenue increases they want/ "need", cut expenses/spending more

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Alternatively, Abbott and Hockey could present a budget that is the ALP can actually help pass without turning their back on their own constituency...

Would that include all the unfunded items in their last budget, bring back the carbon tax etc. Oh! Those cost them office. They have presented nothing as an alternative as I have already said.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
As I have said before I would agree with your first paragraph regarding reform and debt.

If the economy grows then jobs will develop e.g. remove red tape from business which is underway, put confidence back by having a responsible opposition allowing the economic issues to be address. Yes Libs should act on productivity but have put it off. But remember 5.6 is low when many economist now view 5% as zero where it was 2% as zero in the past.

Hawke and Keating had a co-operative Lib opposition who passed a great deal of their agenda, a point often forgotten just as Rudd/Gillard?Rudd got 95% through. The adults are in charge of half of parliament and have an ALP on NO pills to anything.

Early on yes, but can you seriously say the bolded part with a straight face in regards to the Native Title Act which I have cited?

"Red tape" is just more rhetoric Runner. Highlight some "red tape" and lets debate them on merit and with some context. Better still let's do that with "green tape".

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
"Red tape" is just more rhetoric Runner. Highlight some "red tape" and lets debate them on merit and with some context. Better still let's do that with "green tape".

Ruggo taxes and interest rates will always be lower under an LNP gov. Governmet spending will always be smaller, ending the waste.

How's that for specific examples we can debate on merit? :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

OK, I'll bite

Have you ever had to try to start a new business?

Dealt with ASIC?

Ever put in a income tax return?

Ever put in a business return?

Had to comply with state statutory licensing compliance requirements?

Had to sit through the bullocks required to get key man business insurance quote so the agent complies with their an AFS licence?

Status
Not open for further replies.