• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I think it's going to be very difficult for the government to continue claiming that this is a baseless story that only became news because of poor journalism by the ABC.

It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
Well,I know who I believe, and it's not our fearless leader.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's a better story when properly researched, investigated and reported, as it has been in this article and was not by the ABC.
How come Fasher fears no reprisals??

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...ations-20140206-324po.html?rand=1391714910178

"The common denominator is the lack of transparency and refusal to get to the bottom of serious allegations when they are made.

One troubling aspect of this saga, revealed by Bachelard, is that there appears to have been no attempt by Australian officials to interview those making claims.

Another is the refusal to reveal precisely what did happen when the asylum seekers' boat was turned back under a policy opposed by Indonesia, and how some asylum seekers came to suffer burns.

The danger of blanket denials in the face of accusations and total secrecy is that, inadvertently, it encourages less than best practice by those on ''the front line'' because they do not appear to be held accountable."

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well,I know who I believe, and it's not our fearless leader.

Can I presume you total believed PM Gillard about the AWU slush fund?

Or perhaps PM Rudd on pink batts, etc.

What Abbott has said so far as PM needs to be measured against the 6 years of rubbish from Gillard/Rudd.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...ations-20140206-324po.html?rand=1391714910178

"The common denominator is the lack of transparency and refusal to get to the bottom of serious allegations when they are made.

One troubling aspect of this saga, revealed by Bachelard, is that there appears to have been no attempt by Australian officials to interview those making claims.

Another is the refusal to reveal precisely what did happen when the asylum seekers' boat was turned back under a policy opposed by Indonesia, and how some asylum seekers came to suffer burns.

The danger of blanket denials in the face of accusations and total secrecy is that, inadvertently, it encourages less than best practice by those on ''the front line'' because they do not appear to be held accountable."

Talk to the guy in Kiev about what the military did to him and then think about that a guy says they burnt my hand. Next they will claim something worst if it gets them access or money etc.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

What Abbott has said so far as PM needs to be measured against the 6 years of rubbish from Gillard/Rudd.
Huh?
Why do I have to believe the ALP leaders if I disbelieve something the mad monk says?
Can't I have a healthy distrust of them all?

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

WTF

What Abbott says should be measured against his own past. He has talked so much rubbish that he can't live up to what he has sold himself to be. It is a problem of his own creating and he must own it.

For the record, I was against pink batts then and am now. Asbestos removal would have been a far better way of injecting into the building sector. The removal is already regulated and the reconstruction offers work from a number of different trades.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
WTF

What Abbott says should be measured against his own past. He has talked so much rubbish that he can't live up to what he has sold himself to be. It is a problem of his own creating and he must own it.

For the record, I was against pink batts then and am now. Asbestos removal would have been a far better way of injecting into the building sector. The removal is already regulated and the reconstruction offers work from a number of different trades.

The last 130 days as PM will be where he gets measured.

I am prepared to let Shorten not have to explain his respond about what Gillard said as he agreed what every it was.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Forget about Labor Runner. You're in in the wrong thread for a start.

I have no problem judging Abbott on his last 130 days in government. What am I judging it against? Yep I am judging it against his past.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-07/videos-emerge-of-lifeboat-towback-operation/5245280

Reading this one today, in it Morrison is asked about the allegations made by the Fairfax press earlier and he responded thusly:

"I'm not aware of operational matters, you need to put that to Border Protection Command."

I'm sorry but isn't he supposed to know? How has he been able to say that it didn't happen before if he isn't aware of operational matters?

He may as well start referring us to the 'ministry of truth'. It wouldn't make the slightest difference.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
He reminds me of someone who sticks their fingers in their ears and says "La, la, la".

Status
Not open for further replies.