• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm not disputing any of this and have said as much many times..

I do disagree with your claim that Australian Rugby could afford 5 teams on the previous deal.. they couldn't, the ARU needed the Lions tour to stop them going bankrupt, ARU had just $300k left in the bank by the end of 2015 thanks to $16million in losses over 2014-2015, and 4 of the 5 Aussie Super Rugby teams posted significant losses in 2015.

Yeah I know we agree on most points.

But the way I view the affordability point is that it's just a fact of history. Because the ARU did survive with 5 teams in the previous deal. The Lions tour is a fixed event so the windfalls from it are predictable. In a way we have to think of the ARU as essentially having a 12 year financial period.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
50902a23ec340cf61a539567929f5b42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
How's Shepard on kick and chase.

Nick : where is Bayswater cam

Cam : it's up near Joondalup. In the north. Close to each other. Big rivalry

Hahahaha

B

BLR

For all the non Wassies. Those two suburbs are about 30 minutes/ 30 km's away from each other. Pretty bloody far apart.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
30Ks is far apart? FFS this is Australia not the UK. I drive further to get the shopping.
Mate is almost in a different direction. Last week they said it was south of Perth. It's east

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think today is the day. I have everything crossed but I am very worried.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
TF said in his interview that probably this arvo?
Yeh. If they say we are done it will be it. We will be done. Players and staff need to move on not hang around with apeal processes

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
maybe?
If we can appeal which I guess we will be able to, what are the ARU going to do, defend it or not?
Do we have any other Aces up our sleeve?
All the contracted players are guaranteed a position elsewhere.
I'm sure TF will look after the staff and coaches?
I do not think it is doom and gloom if we lose, the fight just goes on, we have nothing to lose, the WA rugby community is large and supportive and our resources are strong.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
maybe?

If we can appeal which I guess we will be able to, what are the ARU going to do, defend it or not?

Think of it this way - you absolutely have the right to appeal to any and every court you want. You can launch action tomorrow if you want.

However, you don't necessarily have the right to have that appeal heard, that depends on what the agreement before arbitration was. For instance, if there's a mutual agreement that both parties will accept the decision of the arbiter, the court may go 'well that's that', unless you can prove the arbiter made a mistake.

Knowing the ARU, they'd have left it wide open so you can fill the next few months with as many challenges and injunctions as Twiggy can afford.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Think of it this way - you absolutely have the right to appeal to any and every court you want. You can launch action tomorrow if you want.

However, you don't necessarily have the right to have that appeal heard, that depends on what the agreement before arbitration was. For instance, if there's a mutual agreement that both parties will accept the decision of the arbiter, the court may go 'well that's that', unless you can prove the arbiter made a mistake.

Knowing the ARU, they'd have left it wide open so you can fill the next few months with as many challenges and injunctions as Twiggy can afford.

I would assume our legal team understand this and I would be surprised if they did not leave a back door of sorts to enable an appeal to be heard.

Twiggy has made a very clear and public declaration that they need to go through him first. I doubt cost is an issue, its about integrity and justice for he and us.

My side interest is when the ARU board is going to man up and tap Clyne on the shoulder for a chat. They must surely be getting over his lack of leadership.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
What Stu said. Nobody would be surprised if the ARU have left loopholes big enough for one of your WA roadtrains to drive through.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
maybe?
Do we have any other Aces up our sleeve?
All the contracted players are guaranteed a position elsewhere.
I'm sure TF will look after the staff and coaches?
I do not think it is doom and gloom if we lose, the fight just goes on, we have nothing to lose, the WA rugby community is large and supportive and our resources are strong.

Seems we could be heading for a stalemate regardless of the outcome?

http://nedlandsrugby.com.au/2017/08/09/super-rugby-saga-get-ticket-rebels-chook-raffle/

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I get the feeling this guy doesn't like us very much.

For reference, we only missed the front of jersey sponsorship last year.

I think you are being overly defensive, read it again, he is only querying how you will solve the funding issue.
I would be surprised if you can't get the money.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I think you are being overly defensive, read it again, he is only querying how you will solve the funding issue.

I would be surprised if you can't get the money.

Not being defensive, this is some guy's blog, not the Guardian. He/she can think what they like how they like.

Probably a good thing as descriptors of the Rebels like 'muddy the waters', 'clandestine', 'smoke-and-mirrors', and 'propaganda', all in the one paragraph, don't leave a lot of room for balanced opinion.

Good for a laugh though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom