• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
I would suggest that both parties have been told the decision and they have been given a deadline to decide what to do before it is announced.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I would suggest that both parties have been told the decision and they have been given a deadline to decide what to do before it is announced.

Interesting viewpoint. Given the ARU said they will accept the arbitrators decision, and RugbyWA declared they will appeal, the delay in announcing the result gives some insight on who was successful at arbitration.

In the middle of this, we're told on GAGR that the Cox/VRU deal is done (sell, put, don't know know what option). How does that impact proceedings?

Then again, the ARU might have changed their mind about an appeal, same for RugbyWA.

The waiting game continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

I doubt it. Based on everything else that has happened in, well, forever, if a bunch of people knew the decision it would have leaked.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Nope, the the decision doesn't get handed down until next week.........

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Guess we can all resign ourselves to another week of jangly nerves and anxiety

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I thought big announcement day was Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, or even Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big announcements are usually handed down at 4.50 PM Friday.

Everyone keep their ears to the ground this afternoon.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Huge news and a great resigning! I'm sure every other franchise would've been offering him big money, so great to see him sticking with the Force

If he got an ARU topup contract then they determine his worth, other teams aren't allowed to outbid each other. If ARU say he is worth 600k, then teams can only pay half that and aru pay other half.

M

Moono75

Exclusive photo from inside the arbitration process showing the intensity of the deliberations and the burden of making a decision clearly weighing on the shoulders of the arbiter.

t1.jpg

D

daz

There are a few pretty decent legal eagles on this with the Rebels. If there was a loophole there to be exploited, they must have found it.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
There are a few pretty decent legal eagles on this with the Rebels. If there was a loophole there to be exploited, they must have found it.

Daz, how's about this?

- Even the best QCs get it wrong
- People have been known to do dumb shit under pressure
- Struggling organisations have been known to throw up a Hail Mary

As for your comments linking Nedlands to Panda, low blow, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.