• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
Exactly, I've never understood where the criticism has come from, enlighten me? Was it a Waratah thing? (by no means am I being facetious)

i'll put my hand up and say it was absolutely partly because he was wearing a tah's jersey. I hate your team and most of what it stands for (and am happy to argue about it with you all day every day). ;)

But for a while i thought he was just coasting along - i referred to him as baggage for a few of years. However in his last season for your evil mob I thought he picked up his game, and now with the force has gotta be in close to top form.
For a while there as well Moore was the best hooker around, we had Nathan Charles at the force pushing for a wallabies spot and Sa'ia was (potentially) serviceable. So i didn't really think his game at the time was particularly above average in comparison.

I'm still worried about his reckless abandon for his health and safety, There was a period of time where I genuinely thought he should give it away to look after his long term health. Part of me still does.

I also think he's really enjoyed the swap from east to west, it's revitalised his game and he gets to experience all the club culture again for the first time. It's reflected in his game. Wish he was 3-5 years younger tbh. I didn't really pay much attention to him during the weeks and off the field when he was at the tahs, so i cant make an educated guess, but i think moving to the force has renewed his love of the game.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
^^ I'm not here to argue about who's team is better or what they stand for, it's as useless as arguing about which state is better.

I can't say I hate any team, what's the point, life's too short to hate.

Everyone/team/state has their good points & their bad points.

It was reported that with Nathan Grey he looked at his tackling technique & modified it to reduce his injury, the grass cutters however are still there.

Baggage, sorry, but that's one thing he's never been. He puts everything into what he does at every level.

I'm glad your perspective has changed.

What goes on inside each of the team set ups is a secret unto their own, as it should be.

The Force are lucky to have him & vice versa.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Based on Social media comments Tahs supporters were disappointed he left to go to Bristol because he'd been so good and supportive of the club. Although I felt for him when his overseas contract fell through I was happy he was returning to Australian rugby and happy it was with the Force. Following his comments when he settled in Perth he was was very happy to be there and stated it could be permanent post career.
There are few players who give more back to the game than TPN. He has ploughed a lot of his own money into his club side Parramatta to help them through difficult times. He also spends a lot of time helping out with junior rugby.

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
^^ I'm not here to argue about who's team is better or what they stand for, it's as useless as arguing about which state is better.

I can't say I hate any team, what's the point, life's too short to hate.

Everyone/team/state has their good points & their bad points.

It was reported that with Nathan Grey he looked at his tackling technique & modified it to reduce his injury, the grass cutters however are still there.

Baggage, sorry, but that's one thing he's never been. He puts everything into what he does at every level.

I'm glad your perspective has changed.

What goes on inside each of the team set ups is a secret unto their own, as it should be.

The Force are lucky to have him & vice versa.
Agree on that last point. And was mostly just stirring with my anti tah's sentiment.

Apart from my hate of them, that's well documented.

Doesn't change the fact we need to all aus teams to do well though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Hahaha

I was hoping someone would have known by now. Or something would of been leaked. Doesn't sound good

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

D

daz

Hahaha

I was hoping someone would have known by now. Or something would of been leaked. Doesn't sound good

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. Very oddly, even the rumour merchants in the newspapers have been deathly quiet in the last 2 days, and that is completely out of character considering they look at any nano-movement and deduce either a Force or Rebels execution.

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
I don't get it either.

Is Jamie ill? did he lose his phone?
even better - has be been quietly fired?

or is the most unlikely one true - that the ARU isn't leaking to him?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I don't get it either.

Is Jamie ill? did he lose his phone?
even better - has be been quietly fired?

or is the most unlikely one true - that the ARU isn't leaking to him?

Nope, he's probably been told to shut up, just in case any information he reports prejudices the arbitration case. There's been a correlation between his articles and key events in this saga.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Isn't it just a case that the only person in a position to leak at this point is the magistrate or whoever that presided over the arbitration?

The gist of the legal arguments that both sides ran were reported and until the decision on the arbitration is made there is nothing to leak?

D

daz

Isn't it just a case that the only person in a position to leak at this point is the magistrate or whoever that presided over the arbitration?

The gist of the legal arguments that both sides ran were reported and until the decision on the arbitration is made there is nothing to leak?

BH, you are a pretty sensible and logical fellow, but seriously? When has a lack of information stopped our esteemed journo's writing about it? They still need to sell papers - and announcing Hooper as Wallabies captain is hardly column-filling excitement to the general public.

You may be absolutely right, and the general silence on this topic in the media is very odd, but somehow I doubt it is because Wayne Smith or Panda have nothing to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.