• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt Crow Eater

Chris McKivat (8)
Loving the re-signings.

My only wish would be that if the ARU are prepared to pay out contracts if a team is cut, everybody should be getting 4 year contracts!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My only wish would be that if the ARU are prepared to pay out contracts if a team is cut, everybody should be getting 4 year contracts!

I doubt the ARU would sign off on those contracts.

Also, if the Force do remain, having everyone on four year contracts would be a disaster in a couple of years time when they can't turn over their list adequately.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
So who is key to retain now?

Coleman, Prior, Faulkner, Newsome, Louwrens, RHP, Koteka, Taf and Philip.

After that, lets rethink the players and look to get some more younger guys in the squad.

L

Leo86

So in my mind Coleman is in unless the ARU get there way (conspiracy theory: ARU will honour contracts, providing you go where told, so Coleman not signing is his way to ensure he isnt forced somewhere)

Id personally like to retain all. We are building something here. But I'd like as much WA lads to showcase what having a national footprint can deliver. So top is louwrens in my mind

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
In that case RHP is just as vital.

What are the thoughts on Cottrell? Was looking to be a Wallaby in waiting at one point but injury have killed him and now RHP has emerged. Will the Force keep him or is he to be cut?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
In that case RHP is just as vital.

What are the thoughts on Cottrell? Was looking to be a Wallaby in waiting at one point but injury have killed him and now RHP has emerged. Will the Force keep him or is he to be cut?
We shall see in the next 2 weeks as he is fit and is fighting to make the team. I would say it may be a chance for him to win a contract for next year.

L

Leo86

Cottrell has been unlucky but is signed for 2018 so hopefully he returns to form

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is Taf staying next year or heading to the Old Dart?
Btw, I really hope you guys beat the Waratahs this coming Sunday.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
So we are the only team with a rising crowd this year. The only team that is any good to watch in Australia. We can't go.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The ARU have made it customary to make decisions that hinder rugby in Australia, why would they stop now.
What I don't get is that everyone is saying it looks like the force are going

B

BLR

What I don't get is that everyone is saying it looks like the force are going

Because it is easy to disregard a seemingly solid legal case compared to some bloke with alot of money I suppose?

Must be an east coast thing. ;)

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Because it is easy to disregard a seemingly solid legal case compared to some bloke with alot of money I suppose?

Must be an east coast thing. ;)
The Aru need to grow some balls and just cut the rebels because it's the right thing to do for Australian rugby. Deal with the consequences after.

Status
Not open for further replies.