• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
You're right Moono.

I also thing it's disgusting this 'Rugby Australia' mob won't even acknowledge that William Webb Ellis actually went to the Hale School. Plus, everyone knows Jordan Uelese played almost all of his junior rugby at Associates!

When will the revisionist history end?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Boys. What the hell are we doing this year? Should we just start calling rebels the force and take over the rebels thread ?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well, I really don't want to go back to supporting the Waratahs (even though I lived all my life there 'til I moved abroad). As I live in Tokyo I may have to follow the Sunwolves 'til the Force are back in. I am still waiting for Clyne to bite the dust!!

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Well yes Shiggs you could now call them the Eastern Force.
With half of the 23 ex Force.
The Force Captain in waiting, Coleman, likely to be the next Captain unless politics gets in the way.
The full Force coaching panel of four coaches.
The key role of Head of Athletic Performance, Will Markwick, also from The Force.
The Force culture which comes with the coaching panel.
The Force engagement with the local community which is being driven by DW.

The only downside for them is the old Rebel's administration is still in place.
Probable meddling and oversight by Clyne.
Little or no corporate support.
A small rugby community which is virtually invisible in a city of 4.5m.

My suggestion would be to just walk away from Super rugby until the new dawn.
Aust rugby's trajectory will not improve by killing a team. It will only improve once a competent and responsible leadership is in place. There is no sign of that happening in the near future.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So recruiting players for the Force but what about a coach and training or are they being paid to just be part of a Force where they do their own personal training etc.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
So recruiting players for the Force but what about a coach and training or are they being paid to just be part of a Force where they do their own personal training etc.

Evidently Matt Hodgson and the Minderoo rugby personnel have moved into Rugby WA HQ. Talk around town that 20+ players already in the squad. No evidence of training as a group at this stage (but don't know what happening in gyms around town or at Hodgson's F45. The goss is for first games in May (but no details as yet). Rumour is that announcements to come when it's all locked in. Seems that invitation games and NRC involvement for the Western Force is the very long pre-season leading into the IPRC in 2019. Appears that the visit from RA's CEO has provided some results with RA senior personnel actually traveling to Perth to talk to WA rugby people. Encouraging that RA CEO has confirmed Wallabies elligibility for WF players (even when playing in IPRC). Probably the reason why a player such as Kieran Longbottom has returned to the WF.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Longbottom left at the peak of his career with the specific goal of representing England, and has spent the last few years barely playing due to injury......... so I think it will be unlikely he gets looked at for higher honours in this country.

Still, a great signing for the Force.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Longbottom left at the peak of his career with the specific goal of representing England, and has spent the last few years barely playing due to injury... so I think it will be unlikely he gets looked at for higher honours in this country.

Still, a great signing for the Force.
Incorrect. He left because he was offered around 3 times what ge was on here. The second part is right- at his age and with some of the talent elsewhere, there is snowballs chance. Unless maybe if he moves back to loosehead.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
OK - so no announcements in Feb as was expected. :(

Talk on the street in Perth is that announcements re the Western Force, squad, staff and fixture next week. :)

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Evidently more to follow - soon.

Like the squad so far with a good blend of experience and youthful exuberance.
https://thewest.com.au/sport/wester...lure-youngster-alifeliti-kaituu-ng-b88759727z

Western Force have signed former Australian under-20 world cup hooker Alifeliti Kaitu’u for their National Rugby Championship and Indo Pacific Rugby Championship squads.

Kaitu’u, 23, played for Queensland Country in the National Rugby Championship and represented Queensland A.
He was in the Canterbury squad that won last last year’s New Zealand National Provincial Competition and was part of the 2014 Australian under-20 squad, along with new Force recruit Cameron Orr.

The Force have already re-signed former Springbok fly-half Peter Grant and US international Marcel Brache from last year’s Super Rugby side.

Former Force flanker Chris Alcock has arrived back in Perth after playing for the Brumbies last season and a stint with Japanese side Kamaishi Seawaves.

Cameron Orr and his brother Harrison Orr will join when their English season is over, as will Rodney Iona, who is playing in France (Spain??).

The club has also been in talks with former Springboks Jaque Fourie and Ryan Kankowski.

For the naysayers...................don't worry it will NEVER happen!!

Talk is that there were about 20 at WA Rugby HQ today and about 30 on the books.

Tim Sampson's going to be busy..........

Western Force in 2018

BRING ON THE IPRC!!

Status
Not open for further replies.