• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Very quiet on GAGR, is everyone reading Hansard, a great and very interesting read. I find Billy P's comments somewhat humorous, unintended by him of course.

http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/committees/commsen/73598356-3773-4e76-b3e8-1bb8240ce745/toc_pdf/Community Affairs References Committee_2017_09_20_5567.pdf;fileType=application/pdf

Poor old Pulver has got a lot of homework. Very good job by Senator Reynolds considering it was the first day of the enquiry. She is smart enough to be their worst nightmare, can't wait for the next instalment. The ARU's complete reluctance to show any transparency of the real process will ensure this is the most painful that it can be. Because of this arrogance from the ARU Senator Reynolds will be quoting Paul Keating "I want to do you slowly" and enjoying it.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Poor old Pulver has got a lot of homework. Very good job by Senator Reynolds considering it was the first day of the enquiry. She is smart enough to be their worst nightmare, can't wait for the next instalment. The ARU's complete reluctance to show any transparency of the real process will ensure this is the most painful that it can be. Because of this arrogance from the ARU Senator Reynolds will be quoting Paul Keating "I want to do you slowly" and enjoying it.

Wow, Sinderbery's and Howath's comments about the ARU are damning. Rob Clarke especially comes out like a snake in the grass, no wonder he refuses to answer any more questions. I'm sure Clyne is not going to be any better as Pulver certainly wasn't. Not sure who are the worst but it seems, outside of the board, Tim North, Rob Clarke and Todd Day are looking poorly. They should all be called up. In fact I would be very surprised if Rob Clarke isn't.

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
Poor old Pulver has got a lot of homework. .

Pulver really doesn't come across too well! I do love that the chairman shut him up when he accused them of mocking him.

I have seen a few references to what needs to be done/prepared for the 11th, requested documents etc, but can't actually find where that actually says what. Can someone point me towards anything?

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
Good work from Munster and a good move for Dave Wessels - I wish hime well. Here's hoping Force players can somehow extricate themselves from Rebels 'fallback contracts' and move to other franchises.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Good work from Munster and a good move for Dave Wessels - I wish hime well. Here's hoping Force players can somehow extricate themselves from Rebels 'fallback contracts' and move to other franchises.

Would still be a huge move for him and his family. Hope it happens though.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
money talks and bulldust walks - I have aspirations for an utopic life but the practicalities are I have to put food on the table at seven every night so I go to work and live that dream. Coleman will have to decide which dream he will live - Wallaby and World Cup aspirations are utopic but being axed by the ARU is a slap down that wont be forgotten easily.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I doubt Coleman will give up Wallaby and World Cup aspirations this early in his career....

they will change the rules for him Slim, the ARU are without integrity and desperate. He will come back before the RWC with a rule change or they will just bring him straight into the squad pre RWC. I don't know what the situation was with him signing with the Rebs? if he did it would have been before Rob Clarke got back on board down there. This imo was the final nail in the coffin of Dave Wessels not going to the Rebs and prob the same with Coleman?

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I think you're dreaming if you believe they'll do that for one player such as Coleman....

The Gits rule. They will come up with some lame excuse about players not needing to play in Aust if they are over 2m or as Super rugby is about to change then the eligibility rules will need to be altered soon to represent the new situation. If they think he is a key player they will do anything.

T

TOCC

I think you're dreaming if you believe they'll do that for one player such as Coleman....

If they were going to do it for any player going forward, it would probably be Coleman... the 60 cap rule is an arbitrary figures which was coined to suit their interest of allowing Gits, Mitchell and Genia to play at that point in time m. If another player suits the mould that they want badly then those rules will shift to suit.

It's a shit clause and should have never have been brought in, but it's a weak as piss ARU and i can't see going back on it now.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I still wonder how the 60 cap rule will work with the IPRC. Can players with 60 caps fly in and play IPRC and still be Wallibies eligible by the cap rule? They may only play a few games but still its $$ for them and a draw card for the IPRC.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I still wonder how the 60 cap rule will work with the IPRC. Can players with 60 caps fly in and play IPRC and still be Wallibies eligible by the cap rule? They may only play a few games but still its $$ for them and a draw card for the IPRC.

I've always thought we could extend the rule to include a significant number of super rugby games. Could we not include IRPC games as well?

Reactions: mst

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Evidently paying these costs would not get Twiggy enough publicity:
“RugbyWA has incurred significant costs in fighting the battle to retain the Western Force in Perth. As we know Andrew Forrest AO offered to step in and financially support the appeal process but this still leaves significant costs for RugbyWA to meet. To date the Own the Force campaign had received applications totalling just under $1,500,000 with commitments of a further $450,000. If 20% of the total application moneys (approximately $300,000) were to be contributed back to RugbyWA this would significantly reduce the outstanding bills for RugbyWA.”

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Evidently paying these costs would not get Twiggy enough publicity:

I don't see a problem with that. He will still be tipping in significant cash towards those legal costs.

But Forest has never wanted to own RugbyWA, and nor should he. That has got to remain with the rugby community.

Like his loan scheme for Own the Force where the repayments would go instead to RugbyWA (effectively Twiggy donating dollar for dollar for all those monies raised), it's about supporting causes that also back themselves.

As an aside, all of the Own the Force money that was raised is being returned to investors, posted out by October 6.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
This is what I find interesting.

When RugbyWA went to the ARU asking for a loan, they were refused.

Instead, they were required to sell their IP (firstly) and Super licence (subsequently) to get financial help.

We heard from the ARU, "no more bailout loans", and that the way forward for rugby was this new model of cooperation under "Alliance" agreements.

Well, we all know how that worked out …

But now it seems Queensland Rugby nearly went insolvent this year. Did the ARU buy out their IP and/or Super licence to provide some ready cash?

Hell no, they provided a bailout loan!

What a stitch up.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
To add to that Kiap, the QRU nearly went to the wall because of their antiquated inner-circle fucktard behavior. They took the model forward which saw record success for both the team and brand and returned it to the amateur old boy ideology that has inhibited rugby from developing as a professional code in a highly competitive market. The Force have had their troubles over their life but were the franchise this year that showed the genuine intent and courage to pave the way forward. It is a damn shame that we will not see in 2018 the progression of their reformist efforts in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.