• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Deegan will be one to watch.

Agree re: Louwrens. Hoping that with the new bench rules he gets some good game time. Quite excited to see Fergus Whatsamejig. Also Brad Lacey and Tevin Ferris as local juniors will be great to watch.
I'm excited to see Harry Lyold..I think the kids got the goods

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
It was meant to come on at 11.00 last night. But in NSW country at least they kept going with the AFL after match crap. I rang prime 7 in Orange, a girl actually answered the phone. I complained the broadcast wasn't the same as the program. 10 min later it suddenly switched to WSR.

That's too late.

It should have kicked of 7:30 local time and then wouldn't have clashed with the Rebels game
FTA coverage announced.

On 7 TWO

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

chibimatty

Jimmy Flynn (14)
They kept talking about there being a surprise at the ground after the match, was it a new signing or just more Wolfmother?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Meanwhile, a club that knows all about being shut down, the Western Force, are continuing their fightback with the inaugural match of World Series Rugby to be played against Fiji at Perth’s nib Stadium next Friday. And while details are being kept a closely guarded secret, it can be revealed that the Force will announce the signing of an All Black in June.

Looks like it's Jeremy Thrush

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Looks like it's Jeremy Thrush

Great signing.
Get's him much closer to home.
Thrush was the 4th choice Lock for the ABs for the 2015 RWC and he was disappointed that they only took 3 to England.
Hence the move to Gloucester.

Seems like we're building depth in preparation for next year and signing on players when they become available.
This is the end of the main rugby comps in Europe.
If we didn't grab Thrush now he wouldn't be available later.
Hodgo is doing a fantastic job in building the squad for WSR.

From what we saw last week, a strong forward pack and co-ordinated, solid defence is the foundation of the game plan.
Sounds good to me.

Excited as we further develop and test our attack.

I wonder if there's more to come?

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
jeez bit of a catfish there haha i was hopeful it was going to be a current All Black

You thought a current All Black would sign outside of NZ Rugby selection parameters with the World Cup coming up next year? You're even more optimistic than the majority of us who support the World Series Rugby concept. :)

Reactions: dru

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
You thought a current All Black would sign outside of NZ Rugby selection parameters with the World Cup coming up next year? You're even more optimistic than the majority of us who support the World Series Rugby concept. :)

well i thought they would have put the word "former" in front of it if they wernt currently playing :p i was actually hopeful

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I guess - but as Castle admitted the problem with Super Rugby is the lack of uncertainty of outcome is killing it - I hope the Force don't build too strong a side that just thrashes the other teams of Twiggy Ball. Equalisation of talent obviously key - but I am sure they know that and seems to be ok with players they are recruiting.

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
This weeks game WF v Tonga is on Fox 505 at 6 pm AEST - I am out for the day, so had to organise my taping.
Hope its a good contest boys

Status
Not open for further replies.