• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Harry Scoble was the Aus U20 hooker in 2014. He is a future possible. Cameron Orr was a U20 loosehead with plenty of potential. Post RWc they'd both be possible.

After Genia, there are no reliable 9s in Aussie rugby. Ryan Louwrens was the form 9 at the start of last season (until injured). Cheika would be crazy not to be looking closely at him.

Have a feeling Tom Sherminant was an Aussie U20. Lacey was. Clay Uyen almost was.

Aussie rugby also very short of good flyhalves- how will Andrew Deegan go?

Apart from Louwrens, I doubt anyone is really on the radar, but there are a handful that could make it in the coming years.

I’d say scoble is an outside chance, Orr probably more so........but yes both still potentially viable options

Louwrens I rate pretty highly but think his ship has sailed, doesn’t seem to be in the frame

Then all the other players I think realistically are no chance

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Hodgson bristles at how some cynics have described the new Force as a team of unwanted or discarded players.
“They are not unwanted or rejects. Some of these players will play for their country,” Hodgson said. “They have jumped at the chance because of what we have created in the last 12 years. The Force players that stayed, stayed because they wanted to back what we are doing. All I can do now is reward them."

“Players have come from all over the world. I have every first-choice player I want. I spoke to every player, they all knew about the passion and pride we have in the blue jersey and the support we get from the Sea of Blue.”

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western-force/20000-fans-western-forces-goal-for-comeback-ng-b88819122z

Early days of the Brumbies revisited. Hope the Force have as much success as those early days Brumbies did.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
In saying that there’s NOTHING wrong with that, stop letting your emotions get in the way, the definition of triggered is literally your reaction to every single post with even a slight negative connotation against the force. It’s ok not every single person that isn’t a force supporter is against you, I like the force and while I see merits to their axing I would’ve preferred they stayed

You made a statement, Forcefan responded (in detail, and addressing every point), and now it is appropriate for you to imply his response is emotional?

You do know the definition of trolling?

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
You made a statement, Forcefan responded (in detail, and addressing every point), and now it is appropriate for you to imply his response is emotional?

You do know the definition of trolling?

But none of those points were relevant to my post? Some of them may have been a causation but it doesn’t change the makeup of the squad?

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I’d say scoble is an outside chance, Orr probably more so....but yes both still potentially viable options

Louwrens I rate pretty highly but think his ship has sailed, doesn’t seem to be in the frame

Then all the other players I think realistically are no chance
Sure. That's an opinion. Here is a counter one: It is that kind of attitude that has led Australian rugby to where it is now. Let me fling a few names at you of players who weren't rated highly early on, but made an impact at International level. Scott Fardy. Julian Huxley. Dane Haylett-Petty. Ben Mowen. Peter Hynes. Tai McIsaac. Matt Hodgson. Arguably Radike Samo.

Players develop. Pigeonholing them now is foolish. Maybe some won't. Maybe a gem will be unearthed.

Reactions: dru

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Sure. That's an opinion. Here is a counter one: It is that kind of attitude that has led Australian rugby to where it is now. Let me fling a few names at you of players who weren't rated highly early on, but made an impact at International level. Scott Fardy. Julian Huxley. Dane Haylett-Petty. Ben Mowen. Peter Hynes. Tai McIsaac. Matt Hodgson. Arguably Radike Samo.

Players develop. Pigeonholing them now is foolish. Maybe some won't. Maybe a gem will be unearthed.

It’s just an opinion about certain players, nothing more nothing less.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Good to hear that David Campese addressed the Western Force player group at training today (Sunday, 29 April).

The support base just continues to grow...

Nice one --- meanwhile he blocked me on twitter years ago. Pretty sure it was because I agreed to something contrary to his opinion haha

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
An interesting development.......so free-to-air AND Foxtel????????

30171713_366630137164927_2687671298800199618_o.jpg

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
https://thewest.com.au/sport/wester...orces-world-series-rugby-opener-ng-b88821759z

Kieran Longbottom: “To get the opportunity to come back ... is amazing. We’re coming out of a dark place and everyone is pumped to do something great and positive.”

Good line-up for the game against Fiji on Friday night:
  1. Harry Lloyd,
  2. Heath Tessmann,
  3. Chris Heiberg,
  4. Fergus Lee-Warner,
  5. Johan Bardoul,
  6. Tevin Ferris,
  7. Chris Alcock,
  8. Brynard Stander,
  9. Ian Prior (c),
  10. Andrew Deegan,
  11. Brad Lacey,
  12. Rodney Iona,
  13. Marcel Brache,
  14. Rod Davies,
  15. Peter Grant.
Reserves: Alifeleti Kaitu'u, Tom Sheminant, Kieran Longbottom, Leon Power, Harrison Orr, Ryan Louwrens, AJ Alatimu, Clay Uyen.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Harry Lloyd was primarily a THP in the JID comp. Will be interesting to see how he goes on the LH side. He has a huge potential imo.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Pleased with the changes to the rules for World Series Rugby:

THE CHANGES

1. The Power Try– A Power Try is awarded when the play is initiated from within the try scoring team’s own 22m area and there is no break in continuity of possession by the scoring team.
However if possession changes or a penalty is awarded, then this breaks the sequence of possession for the try scoring team and normal 5 point try is earned if they score.
Coloured lights on the goal posts will alert fans to when a Power Try is “live”, “dead” or “scored”.
The Power Try play is live: green lights will run down the post
The Power Try play is dead: the green lights turn solid red
A Power Try is scored: the green lights will flash.
A Power Try offers a team the opportunity to score 9 points on conversion.
2. Rolling Subs – teams may make up to 12 player substitutions during the game, as opposed to the current 8 substitutions.
3. One-minute scrums – One minute from time of mark to completion. This puts the onus on players to keep the scrum up and encourages quick decision making to allow play to continue.
4. Faster Line Outs – lineouts will be taken as soon as the throwing team is ready – they do not have to wait for their opponent or the referee.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/world-series-rugby-confirms-revolutionary-on-field-changes/

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Awesome that it's on tv (well done Force), looking forward to it. You can never have too much rugby and another Aussie team to support again. I am also presuming the 8pm on the Tv guide was WA time, so 11pm Eastern Elite time?

Pleased with the changes to the rules for World Series Rugby:

THE CHANGES

1. The Power Try– A Power Try is awarded when the play is initiated from within the try scoring team’s own 22m area and there is no break in continuity of possession by the scoring team.
However if possession changes or a penalty is awarded, then this breaks the sequence of possession for the try scoring team and normal 5 point try is earned if they score.
Coloured lights on the goal posts will alert fans to when a Power Try is “live”, “dead” or “scored”.
The Power Try play is live: green lights will run down the post
The Power Try play is dead: the green lights turn solid red
A Power Try is scored: the green lights will flash.
A Power Try offers a team the opportunity to score 9 points on conversion.
2. Rolling Subs – teams may make up to 12 player substitutions during the game, as opposed to the current 8 substitutions.
3. One-minute scrums – One minute from time of mark to completion. This puts the onus on players to keep the scrum up and encourages quick decision making to allow play to continue.
4. Faster Line Outs – lineouts will be taken as soon as the throwing team is ready – they do not have to wait for their opponent or the referee.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/world-series-rugby-confirms-revolutionary-on-field-changes/

1. The Power Try - Short term gimmick
2. Rolling Subs - more injuries and won't open the game up, eliminates some tactical nous in the game
3. One-minute scrums - great rule, very interested to see how this goes
4. Faster Line Outs - Brilliant rule, very interested to see how this goes

Status
Not open for further replies.