• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm always amazed at how the banter on Gr&G gets to the hub of things. Prior at 10 is a worry, not so much if everything is at full strength but the changes are hefty. Add in the bench and you wonder. bulls have rotations happening after a bye, either they are cocky or they arent taking the Force seriously. I dont think they are at full strength. In the wet with a few surprises Force could be all over them.

I'm really looking forward to the game. Head says Bulls, heart says you never know till its over. This could be a spoiler.

Houndi

Frank Nicholson (4)
Will Prior actually defend at 10 tonight? If not which winger do you force fans reckon they'll have defend at 10? If he is defending in the 10 channel I expect the bulls to shuffle the ball left and have Jan run back on the angle at Prior all night (which they'll then mix up later in the game with a couple of wrap arounds).

G

galumay

Looks like a Kiwi side has pulled on the Bulls jerseys, very uncharateristic and attractive rugby from a SA side!

G

galumay

Force need to get more aggresive at the breakdown, ref not worried about clear release and the Bulls taking advantage, Force havent.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You are right, they even look like a NZ jersey! Some variation of a 'Saders jersey.

I would be too scared to say it out aloud, but a lot better than their pink one!

Looks more like the Onehunga U12 alternate strip, as designed by their little sisters.

G

galumay

Complete disregard for the laws of the breakdown from this ref, Bulls simply not required to release the tackled player. It wouldnt have changed the result in reality, but its very disappointing to see such a poor standard of referreeing.

G

galumay

The bulls flying off their feet in attacking rucks is another aspect that is ignored. *sigh*

G

galumay

What can you say really? Force just looking to be playing in a league above their level. Relegation to the NRC?

Bulls will be there or therabouts this season, the huge leg up they get with the stoopid conference system means they will have to self destruct not to be one of the finalists. They are certainly playing a much more attractive form of rugby than we are used to from SA and deserve reward for that.

I just wish the refs would apply the laws of the game and pay the attention to the breakdown that they stated was the intent at the start of the season.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Force stuck it out for the full 80 minutes as usual. Nice to see Godwin come up with a try at the end.

Sadly the rest of it went as per script too - Force too predictable in attack and often isolated, leading to penalties. Unusual to see a Foley coached side get towelled up in the scrums, rucks and mauls though. Tough second half of the season ahead for them I fear.

Bulls were good Sterfontein and Snyman standouts. Worked well as a team, solid scrum and lineout, well set up mauls and cohesive backline play.

I thought the referee did a good job. Confirms my long held view that South Africa consistently produces the best referees.

M

Moono75

Lose next week against the Sunwolves and the board if they have any balls should pull the trigger on the coach and half the team needs to be fired. The board should resign in disgrace themselves. Accountability.....this isn't supposed to be a clown show.

M

Moono75

We are the Richmond of Super Rugby.....just fucking woefull. I've posted my best stuff on TWF forum tonight. I've called the Force out on Facebook under my real name tonight. I've called for change. I've asked the members to voice their dissatisfaction with this drivel. Expect the same beige response!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We are the Richmond of Super Rugby...

I don't mean to kick you while you're down, but to be the Richmond of Super Rugby you'd at least have to make the finals, or at least finish one spot outside the finals on a regular basis..........

To be fair, I think the Brumbies have been the Richmond of Super Rugby since 2005.......... ;)

M

Moono75

I don't mean to kick you while you're down, but to be the Richmond of Super Rugby you'd at least have to make the finals, or at least finish one spot outside the finals on a regular basis....

To be fair, I think the Brumbies have been the Richmond of Super Rugby since 2005.... ;)

We are bad. But not Richmond bad. I'm an Eagles supporter so I have some respite form my woes with the Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.