• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

And if ever a team could follow in the footsteps of another sporting franchise they could adopt the blueprint of the West Coast Eagles. Killing it membership wise (with a waiting list) and an absolute powerhouse commercially. Not just in AFL but across any sporting code in Australia. If any of the top notch Chairs of the Eagles were overseeing the Force they would have cleaned the place out and had them on the road to success ages ago. Hello Alan Cransberg, Mark Barnaba, Dalton Gooding are you available to save Rugby in WA.

M

Moono75

Can the Eagles sponsor the Force like the Sydney Swans sponsor the Swifts in the netball. At least they would demand some accountability for their sponsorship dollars and inject some professionalism into the management of the organisation. Mark Barnaba or Alan Cransberg to the board of Rugby WA. Take it over, reform it and put WA Rugby on the right track (cake walk for those boys).​

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
We are the Richmond of Super Rugby...just fucking woefull. I've posted my best stuff on TWF forum tonight. I've called the Force out on Facebook under my real name tonight. I've called for change. I've asked the members to voice their dissatisfaction with this drivel. Expect the same beige response!
Change to what though? We need a new coaching program but coaching the Force is not an attractive prospect.

What coaches are out there that should be given a go? I've seen Todd Blackadder's name floating around but we need someone who can overachieve with very few resources and fledgling player structures/base.

M

Moono75

Change to what though? We need a new coaching program but coaching the Force is not an attractive prospect.

What coaches are out there that should be given a go? I've seen Todd Blackadder's name floating around but we need someone who can overachieve with very few resources and fledgling player structures/base.

Change from the top. Get some top board members in like the Mark Barnabas, Alan Cransbergs and Dalton Goodings and they will quickly identify where the problems are and they will instigate the changes required to fix things. No need to micro manage this ineptitude.

M

Moono75

Its all about change makers. Top down, they will bring the right people in to do the job. Top WA business people, proven record at West Coast Eagles. Do it for WA Rugby.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

I guess the challenge is to make it an attractive propect. Put the structure in place at the top.

There's a reasonably good number of young local WA kids coming through - but playing in that side, with that coaching isn't going to advance them much further.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Todd Blackadder, Stuart Lancaster, Heyneke Mayer, Matt O'Connor, Brian Smith, Nick Mallett, Zane Hilton... Plenty of options and I'm sure I am missing plenty

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
It's difficult, for me at least, to put my finger on exactly what's wrong with the Force this year as opposed to previous years. I mean, they've never done amazingly well, but most years they have at least been the bogey side that if you go into a match thinking it'll be an easy one, they'll choke off your ball for 80 minutes and when then whistle blows and you look up to the scoreboard they're somehow 3 points ahead. Tahs fans know the feeling...

But this year they haven't even been up to that standard, other than the one game against the Reds. And to some extent the Crusaders game but that was more the fact the Saders dropped the ball like it was covered in funnel webs.

I guess it's that their defence is letting them down. They've never been big scorers but now they're letting in 40 points regularly. In fact they have conceded more than 30 points in every game except one since that Reds game.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
It's difficult, for me at least, to put my finger on exactly what's wrong with the Force this year as opposed to previous years. I mean, they've never done amazingly well, but most years they have at least been the bogey side that if you go into a match thinking it'll be an easy one, they'll choke off your ball for 80 minutes and when then whistle blows and you look up to the scoreboard they're somehow 3 points ahead. Tahs fans know the feeling.

But this year they haven't even been up to that standard, other than the one game against the Reds. And to some extent the Crusaders game but that was more the fact the Saders dropped the ball like it was covered in funnel webs.

I guess it's that their defence is letting them down. They've never been big scorers but now they're letting in 40 points regularly. In fact they have conceded more than 30 points in every game except one since that Reds game.
Set piece has gone to shit. We've never been able to reliably win scrum ball since we lost Longbottom. And it appears Wykes was a little more important to the line out than many of us gave him credit for.

Every time we lose position on what should have been front foot ball, the heads drop. Hodgson is still captain fantastic, but I've said it before, he almost embodies the problems with the Force.

The Force squad is like a boxer fighting above his weight division. When your fighting bums you can look amazing, but when the genuine heavy weight steps into the ring your going to get flogged more times than not.

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
Set piece has gone to shit. We've never been able to reliably win scrum ball since we lost Longbottom. And it appears Wykes was a little more important to the line out than many of us gave him credit for.

Every time we lose position on what should have been front foot ball, the heads drop. Hodgson is still captain fantastic, but I've said it before, he almost embodies the problems with the Force.

The Force squad is like a boxer fighting above his weight division. When your fighting bums you can look amazing, but when the genuine heavy weight steps into the ring your going to get flogged more times than not.

The force are simply a worse team in all aspects from last year with the exception of goal kicking.

Wykes was always average in every facet of his game, but particularly in the tight. Problem is the force lost Wykes and Steenkamp and replaced them with??

I think now that Godwin's extra bulk has ruined him, leading to more injuries. In retrospect he should have probably continued at 10 as that is the position that suits his body type. Lance was the only bloke that has looked decent and sadly picked up an injury which will leave him on the sidelines for most of the season.

They needed to bring in 2 locks this year and couldn't attract anyone. There was talk of discussions with a new Super Rugby lock which came to nothing. It may have been the other retallick who ended up at the rebels I think and hasn't played a game. The force just don't have the cattle. It is the worst roster in Super Rugby and getting progressively worse. Eddie Jones, Blackadder, Lancaster and cheika combined couldn't coach them into a winning team. The axe needs to be taken to the team first.

Houndi

Frank Nicholson (4)

Jake White fits the bill perfectly, the guy only knows how to win. However it does come at a cost (style of play)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Jake White fits the bill perfectly, the guy only knows how to win. However it does come at a cost (style of play)

Now that he has changed the gameplan, the Force don't need a new coach, they need better players. The loss of Jono Lance was a disaster - the Crusaders game was a win with him at 10. But they need four or five really good imports from the east coast/NZ/wherever. They need a higher salary cap so they can buy some quality.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Now that he has changed the gameplan, the Force don't need a new coach, they need better players. The loss of Jono Lance was a disaster - the Crusaders game was a win with him at 10. But they need four or five really good imports from the east coast/NZ/wherever. They need a higher salary cap so they can buy some quality.

And a lazy $500,000 to afford them. :)

M

Moono75

Star players. We need a couple. Bring back the excitement, bring the swagger, bring the profile........bring the money.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Exactly. People still won't go along and watch if the Force are playing boring rugby and winning by 1 point every game.

Kurtley is out of contract at the end of the year, he would be a good crowd puller.

Status
Not open for further replies.