• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force V Hurricanes @ NIB - Rd 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Why do the force always end up getting fucked over? They deserve better.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Force don't deserve to lose by that much. At worst it was 7 poibts

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah, replayed it a few times. It is a very soft yellow.

Still doesn't look like the way players normally brace themselves to me, BECAUSE, he had heaps of time to plant his feet and turn his whole body to "side body" him. That's not "bracing".

I can feel for the Force fans, Canes should have had some harsher punishment earlier in the game.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I'm Over these barrets can't even wait for Burton to move and just try and charge done his conversion they need to be culled

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
You'd think it was the Force and not the Canes that crossed the Indian Ocean with a scoreline like that.
Ummmmmm what. The force have been to south Africa. Then south America. Then over new Zealand and east coast of Australia back to Perth then to Queensland then back to Perth without a break. So who should be fatigued?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Engrossing fixture. Force seemed gee’d up by their crowd.

The Canes, don’t think I’ve ever seen goalline D like that before, for that length of time. The Force must’ve been on attack inside the Canes 22 for 30 goddamn minutes.

Thought Shiggins went well. Just went out and played his usual game. You know what you’re going to get with Shiggins, week in and week out. No frills. Certainly no silly pictures or GIFS. Except for that one time he posted that picture of the net full of fish he’d “caught” that still had price tags on them.

Cbrando

Bob McCowan (2)
That DHP yellow was a stinker. Perenara tried to run straight through him. DHP was static, held his ground. I'm not sure what else DHP could have done. Looked at end-on, like all players would necessarily see it, there was nothing to penalise, let alone card.

That was a 14 point screw up by the officialdom.

I agree with one of the commentators who said that rugby is one of three contact sports in Australia and the TMO is ruining it.

M

Moono75

Tough competitive game. Loss of Coleman and DHP for a dubious yellow card turned the game. Hurricanes are good finishers but they push the boundaries of being offside. TMO killed it and the Canes took advantage.

The Force again show why we belong with another combative committed game. Hardwicks late try taking defenders over the line was all guts!

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
As usual, Hoffman stinks up a good game. Also, per usual, Kiwi side infringe regularly and repeatedly inside their 10m: Canes clearly in from the side on a Force maul, to turn it over, offside all day long, pathetic yellow on DHP after some soccer antics by Perenera (that was the TMO), then he awards a meaningless yellow when the game is out of reach, just to say, "see, I called them out on it."

But, jeez - I admire the attitude, but you've got to take the points, especially after the first couple of mauls don't pay.

Still, the Force gave a kiwi side the toughest game of all Aussie opponents. Low bar, I know...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well on the YC, I personally thought it was harsh, I know he turned his shoulder into TJ, and I know he allowed to hold ground, so maybe a penalty if they really feel he needed to be punished. As for TJ diving, that is just ridiculous, if any of you lot can run into a braced man and keep running you should be playing rugby and not wasting your time posting on forums!! The other thing was if you watch both players I thought they were both watching the ball, so....anyway I thought he was hard done by getting a YC. Mind you the earlier high hit on Riccitelli by I can't remember who could very well of been one as although I would of not have given one it was definitely contact to head. All in all I thought the Force put up a decent scrap, and perhaps just lack enough creativity in attack.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just watching the replay......... I think it was a fair yellow card.

Perenara being a halfback certainly milked it, but DHP clearly turned for the bump......... definitely avoidable and a bit dumb by DHP.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Once again the boys fought gamely but weren't able to turn that into a win. Myself and many in the crowd were calling for them to take the points when we were camped in the Canes 22. I admire the attitude but it struck me as a little tactically naive. For mine you've got to come away with points as often as possible when you're in the opposition red zone. That's just good percentage footy.

The Canes themselves defended well but jeez they were offside a lot. Their counter attack is just devastating though and that's the key thing that wins them so many games. They have the ability to absorb the pressure and then realign and burn you in attack. I'd also like to see TJ get shitmixed by someone, because he's your classical gobby/diving/showboating halfback. He's far from alone though (I have a pathological hatred of halfbacks and their small man ways -- it's something I'm working through with my psychologist).

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just watching the replay... I think it was a fair yellow card.

Perenara being a halfback certainly milked it, but DHP clearly turned for the bump... definitely avoidable and a bit dumb by DHP.

Explain to me how it was avoidable?

DHP didn't change his line and had he not turned to brace himself he would have been shirt fronted by Perenara and would have risked being knocked out.

The idea that players have/had time to get out of the way is just crazy. The pase that these games are being played is insane.

If DHP didn't turn and Perenara ran straight at him and knocked him out would Perenara be penalised? No nor should he it was a poor call from the TMO even Hoff didn't want to make it but he didn't have the balls to tell the TMO to stay out of it.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Explain to me how it was avoidable?

He could've held his ground, or even made a legitimate effort to turn and chase the kick but instead he shifts his body towards Perenara and puts his right shoulder into him.........

I don't see a problem with the card.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
I think the most incredulous thing about the DHP yellow card was Hoffman outright disagreeing on it. He loves to punish the Force so it was odd to see him on our side for a change.

B

BLR

I think the most incredulous thing about the DHP yellow card was Hoffman outright disagreeing on it. He loves to punish the Force so it was odd to see him on our side for a change.

He was ok for much of last night, give him a year or so and he might develop the way Gardner has, I just hope we aren't the training team like we were with Gardner. :p

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Well on the YC, I personally thought it was harsh, I know he turned his shoulder into TJ, and I know he allowed to hold ground, so maybe a penalty if they really feel he needed to be punished. As for TJ diving, that is just ridiculous, if any of you lot can run into a braced man and keep running you should be playing rugby and not wasting your time posting on forums!! The other thing was if you watch both players I thought they were both watching the ball, so..anyway I thought he was hard done by getting a YC. Mind you the earlier high hit on Riccitelli by I can't remember who could very well of been one as although I would of not have given one it was definitely contact to head. All in all I thought the Force put up a decent scrap, and perhaps just lack enough creativity in attack.
Tj fell Backwards and then threw both his arms Back once he was on the ground and acted dead. Not even hurt. He acted dead. Soccer at its best

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Just watching the replay... I think it was a fair yellow card.

Perenara being a halfback certainly milked it, but DHP clearly turned for the bump... definitely avoidable and a bit dumb by DHP.
So is dhp suppose to stand there and risk getting hurt? Or Protect himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.