• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force V Hurricanes @ NIB - Rd 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Explain to me how it was avoidable?

DHP didn't change his line and had he not turned to brace himself he would have been shirt fronted by Perenara and would have risked being knocked out.

The idea that players have/had time to get out of the way is just crazy. The pase that these games are being played is insane.

If DHP didn't turn and Perenara ran straight at him and knocked him out would Perenara be penalised? No nor should he it was a poor call from the TMO even Hoff didn't want to make it but he didn't have the balls to tell the TMO to stay out of it.
And why isn't it tjs fault for running into dhp at full Speed when he could of stepped? Why blame the defender who is not doing anything wrong

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tj fell Backwards and then threw both his arms Back once he was on the ground and acted dead. Not even hurt. He acted dead. Soccer at its best

Gee Shiggins I should of asked you opinion to save me posting, of course TJ was diving;), he wasn't playing for the Force!! Same as that bloody Riccitelli getting the doctor to say he was concussed after that high shot on him:p

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I thought the YC was harsh but I also didn't think TJP was milking it when he flew backwards through the air and fell to ground. All looked part and parcel of a full bore clash of bodies to me.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Gee Shiggins I should of asked you opinion to save me posting, of course TJ was diving;), he wasn't playing for the Force!! Same as that bloody Riccitelli getting the doctor to say he was concussed after that high shot on him:p
What r u on about.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
I disagree with him movong forward. He turned sideways and braced itw a natural reaction to lean forward

Look at the end on replay at 2:36. DHP is moving to his right up until the point Perenara kicks, at which point he plants his feet and shifts his weight to his left to get in Perenara's way.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Look at the end on replay at 2:36. DHP is moving to his right up until the point Perenara kicks, at which point he plants his feet and shifts his weight to his left to get in Perenara's way.

Well to be fair you probably right Grant, I thought it was harsh because I thought he had held ground ,but when you look at that it does appear he did actually change direction and brace, if he kept going as he was travelling there wouldn't of been a collision, so I maybe have to withdraw just how harsh I thought YC was.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
I thought it was a definite penalty, marginal card. The fact he lead with the shoulder (sure, he's bracing for impact but if the ref decides the impact was unnecessary then that's not an excuse) tipped it over to a card. Not the worst ever, but not really that controversial a decision.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)

No. He turns to protect himself and doesn't move forward. These soft penalties need to Stop and they need to stomp Out the diving.
It's ruining the game. The force were still in the game up to this point and should of had more points on the board but every time we got the ball over the line they didn't even check it. Also the fact Hoffman, the head ref, was happy with what happened and the tmo kept going and going until he got his way is a problem. Hoffman knew it would ruin the game and the force had been hard done to all night so he didn't want to send anyone off.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)

C'mon. You know and I know that there's no need to jump in the air after kicking a grubber. And there's no reason for your arms and legs to be spread-eagled in the air after said jump, other than a soccer diva-worthy dive. Please...

That cringeworthy dive didn't win the game for the 'Canes, their goal line defense did. But it did certainly affect the scoreline.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
It was a clear block of the man running through, he knew exactly what he was doing, but a yellow for that!!! seriously we need to look at some of the punishments these days. Penalty, nothing more, nothing less. There is something wrong if a player deserves a yellow for that

N

NTT

Whinging about the ref is like incest, its fun for those involved but everyone looking from the outside in thinks you are retards.

I think i write this at least twice a season about the Force, we need to become more clinical and ruthless in the opposition 22. We spent enough time in the Canes 22 we could have been fined for loitering. Only 2 tries from 10 minutes in their 22 points to two things that must be acknowledged.
1 - The Force attack lacked variety and subtlety
2 - The Canes defended like warriors.
Its all good smashing away at the line with pick and goes to suck in defenders. Only trouble is we had backs getting in and joining the one out fest that was the Forces attack. This left us with no numbers in the backs to work any plays. We also ignored points accumulation by taking the odd penalty goal to keep the score board ticking over. At no point did we even challenge the Canes width defense by swinging the ball through 10, 12, 13, winger, it was all narrow one off pick and go or maul after maul off lineouts.

Whether DHP deserved the card or not, im disappointed in the diving the Kiwis are bringing into the game. Perenara ran into DHP but went flopping about like a fish out of water. Add in the Tom Banks dive that got Richie Arnold carded vs the Highlanders and rugby is heading towards taking soccers crown as the theatrics kings. If you have been seriously hit hard, the first thing you don't do is crack a smile and start with the histrionics towards the officials. The Kiwis are good enough at Rugby, they don't need to start diving like a 14 year old asian female olympian.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What exactly did Tom Banks and Rory Arnold (Brumbies' team-mates) get up to together that resulted in a sanction? Nothing to do with your introductory statement, I hope?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
C'mon. You know and I know that there's no need to jump in the air after kicking a grubber. And there's no reason for your arms and legs to be spread-eagled in the air after said jump, other than a soccer diva-worthy dive. Please.

That cringeworthy dive didn't win the game for the 'Canes, their goal line defense did. But it did certainly affect the scoreline.

Sorry Nipper, we must of been watching different games, I never saw the same incident as you obviously! But if it helps you to imagine things, good for you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.