• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

FORCE v REBELS R8 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

To be honest I don't expect much. To make the super15 finals you need a strong local comp and depth. That will come in time for us.

In the mean-time I just go to enjoy the rugby. Next week we get to watch a Dan Carter masterclass. Just happy to live in a part of the world that gets live super rugby to be honest.

Maybe thats the problem Too many Force fans ready to accept shit performances when they should win. Yeah I love to watch the best players across all teams put on a perforamnce but thats not in light of my home team putting on an ass kicking and playing to their best ability for the win. This crap performance has really hit home. We could have had and should have had a 50/50 record this season so far. I can only imagine what JOC (James O'Connor) is saying on twitter.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Top night with the lads. Great to get a win on the board. If this doesn't lift us at home against the Kings (who are ya?) , geez.

D

daz

Maybe thats the problem Too many Force fans ready to accept shit performances when they should win. Yeah I love to watch the best players across all teams put on a perforamnce but thats not in light of my home team putting on an ass kicking and playing to their best ability for the win. This crap performance has really hit home. We could have had and should have had a 50/50 record this season so far. I can only imagine what JOC (James O'Connor) is saying on twitter.

Let's see. Oh, here's one from a few minutes ago:

"Haha, stick that one up your arse, Force fans"

Or from an hour ago:

"Useless bastards and their stupid new stand. They still don't get why I left"

Or another from during the game:

"Wow, this is sooo easy. These Force bunnies are making my brand look good!"

What do you expect him to say, exactly? You are being a very bad loser. Seriously. Either put the bottle down, or drink it quicker. Either way, alcohol, rugby and the internet don't seem to mix well with you.

M

Moono75

Let's see. Oh, here's one from a few minutes ago:

"Haha, stick that one up your arse, Force fans"

Or from an hour ago:

"Useless bastards and their stupid new stand. They still don't get why I left"

Or another from during the game:

"Wow, this is sooo easy. These Force bunnies are making my brand look good!"

What do you expect him to say, exactly? You are being a very bad loser. Seriously. Either put the bottle down, or drink it quicker. Either way, alcohol, rugby and the internet don't seem to mix well with you.
Yep, make your own quotes up. I have an opinion and have the right to express my dissapointment with the performance of my team. You obviously took the JOC (James O'Connor) comment way too much to heart.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Who am I to tell them they played shit? As long as they leave all their energy on the field I wont be disappointed. Today I thought Hodgo's performance was one of the most spirited from any of our players ever. A good sign going forward we definitely need a better culture and belief than previous seasons.

M

Moono75

Who am I to tell them they played shit? As long as they leave all their energy on the field I wont be disappointed. Today I thought Hodgo's performance was one of the most spirited from any of our players ever. A good sign going forward we definitely need a better culture and belief than previous seasons.
No...that Woodward try with Toupou falling over just makes me sick. As does the first try with Pyle strolling through. Shouldn't happen. It's what keeps teams at the bottom of the ladder.

Charlemagne

Frank Nicholson (4)
I can't believe how bad the the Force played, they seem to get over excited and just loose their heads, the rebels did not play all that well and the Force still can't tackle a hot meal, Sias Ebershon could not kick a habit and I believe the fans are going to start getting really annoyed and next week they have the Crusaders and is that going to ugly!!

M

Moono75

I can't believe how bad the the Force played, they seem to get over excited and just loose their heads, the rebels did not play all that well and the Force still can't tackle a hot meal, Sias Ebershon could not kick a habit and I believe the fans are going to start getting really annoyed and next week they have the Crusaders and is that going to ugly!!
still here....and still pissed off

T

tranquility

That you Waylon?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Re the kicking as bad as the force were their was a very wierd wind at the ground. Something i hadnt felt before there. Would assume it has something to do.with the stands. It took till half time for them to figure it out by then the danage was done.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

M

Moono75

Re the kicking as bad as the force were their was a very wierd wind at the ground. Something i hadnt felt before there. Would assume it has something to do.with the stands. It took till half time for them to figure it out by then the danage was done.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
You think that made the difference. I think not. Force got rocked int he first 15 and were playing catch up whole game. Hard to put a positive spin on it. No 'smackdown'. Glad I didn't call it.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
To be honest I don't expect much. To make the super15 finals you need a strong local comp and depth. That will come in time for us.

In the mean-time I just go to enjoy the rugby. Next week we get to watch a Dan Carter masterclass. Just happy to live in a part of the world that gets live super rugby to be honest.
i can completely relate. i've only had access to quality rugby for 4 years with the past three giving me live super rugby. as long as every game isn't a blowout, i'm pretty happy to watch JOC (James O'Connor), Carter, etc etc play live. that said, i'd be happier if the rebels won more! it's tough being a rugby fan in Canada when the best live rugby you get is a canada test v an ireland 2nd XV

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Great win by the Rebels, under the circumstances. An awful display by the Force. Where do they dredge up some of their signings? Surely there is more talent in Australia than SNK and Ebersohn.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
The game was punctuated by fundamental errors from both teams. This typifies why the Rebels and the Force are the two worst teams in the Aus conference.

Having said that I am very happy that the Rebels were able to fight out the match and hang on for a win, particularly after their disastrous trip to South Africa.

It was good to see Woodward actually get the ball in some space and some attacking situations.

I understand the joy of one or two people on this thread having first class rugby in your city every second week. That is what I felt in the last couple of years. Now I am expecting improvement which I think we got pre-South Africa where we were leading matches at half time and being competitive for 60-odd minutes. The efforts in South Africa were a step backwards, but this is a good win. I also understand Moono74 expecting better results after a number of years in the comp.

As for Moono74 calling the Rebels an inferior team, lets have a look at the statistics. The Rebels and Force have played each other 6 times and the Rebels have won 5 of those matches and the Force have won once. Based on the stats of the head to head record it is reasonably clear who is the inferior side ... and it isn't the Rebels. You may say all the wins have been by 7 or less, that just indicates the Rebels (as you would suggest) got "lucky" 5 times or the Rebels have a greater intestinal fortitude or will to win or have something deep down inside the Force don't.

While on stats Woodward now has as many tries in Rebels colours as JOC (James O'Connor) has.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
This bloke, he scores when he wants.

Jason_Woodward50.jpg

I think we looked much better when Vuna came on and the subsequent shuffle in the backs, JOC (James O'Connor) to fly-half, Woodward at fullback.

Celebrated a fair bit last night, needed that win. Didn't take my shirt off and slap a mate. See Beale, it ain't that hard.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
he looked great and i've said it already and will reiterate how much better we did look with a proper 10. i dont understand what hill was thinking putting roberts at 10...i know beale didnt make things easy when injured and then suspended.....anyways, surely that mistake won't be made again.
JOC (James O'Connor) looked good at 10. his kicking was a bit off though i must say, he doesnt have the tactical kicking required of a top class 10...though it seems woodward is quite good with the boot.
question - what was going on with kingi's kicks for touch - he had a couple where the ref pulled the ball back to about 10m from where kingi kicked it, on tv it looked as though they went a good 30m past.

Status
Not open for further replies.