• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

FORCE v REBELS R8 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
personally i thought it a race to the bottom, the last 15 minutes from both teams was appalling. the rebels being gifted turnovers and then kicking it straight back to the force FFS ! not once but at least three and i think actually four times, stirzaker, JOC (James O'Connor), higgenbotham, and sidey all guilty.
the force looked the better team for most of the evening except the mid portion of the second half. we definitely had the bounce of the ball tonight, still, for once, the rebels took what limited scoring opportunities they had.

and , a win is a win is a win.

(ps i thought there was an obstruction from the force leading up to the tupou try, about 3 - 4 phases before)
pps thought vuna looked mightily pissed off the whole time he was on. not a happy bunny ?

M

Moono75

Nah im just mega pissed off tonight. You can see the progression then they Take 5 steps back. I would suggest only having away memberships for $25 a year. All Force games played away and a designated Force pub in Perth to watch games. More money into local economy. We cant win at home so why bother. Fuck it!!

M

Moono75

Do any other Force fans from year 1 feel the same. I am so pissed off. I need a positive result.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Moono, I don't understand your frustration.
You guys almost won.I am sure you won the stats.
No doubt he found several pleasing things to comment on, in his presser.
Welcome to Foles world.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I am sick of loosing to inferior teams on bullshit trys. Typical Rebels performance. ..ball bounces off someones knee then ankle into the hands.try. Kick ball goes sideways..fullback falls over try. What a load of shit.
Wibble.

Weird game. Could have gone either way. Shit happens sometimes.

M

Moono75

No still downing pints and moving to rum when I get home. You know I dont like the Rebels and im pissed with thid result.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I will be a much happier man when our backline is JOC (James O'Connor), Vuna, Mitchell, Inman, Kingi, Woodward.

Roberts needs to stay on the bench or out of the 22. another bad performance by him

M

Moono75

Anduote="Sir Arthur Higgins, post: 465793, member: 5201"]I will be a much happier man when our backline is JOC (James O'Connor), Vuna, Mitchell, Inman, Kingi, Woodward.

Roberts needs to stay on the bench or out of the 22. another bad performance by him[/quote]
And Harry Potter is dialing up bullshit trys.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I am sick of loosing to inferior teams on bullshit trys. Typical Rebels performance. ..ball bounces off someones knee then ankle into the hands.try. Kick ball goes sideways..fullback falls over try. What a load of shit.

I understand your frustration, boy do I understand your frustration.

But this is the fourth time we've beaten you in five matches, with three vastly different squads. That makes us quite the opposite of inferior.

In fact, I'd say that makes the Force our bunnies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Anduote="Sir Arthur Higgins, post: 465793, member: 5201"]I will be a much happier man when our backline is JOC (James O'Connor), Vuna, Mitchell, Inman, Kingi, Woodward.

Roberts needs to stay on the bench or out of the 22. another bad performance by him
And Harry Potter is dialing up bullshit trys.[/quote]
nothing wrong with pyle's try
your fullback fell over for woodwards first (don't see how we are to blame for that)
kingi's - no force players, commentators or refs complained. in fact, in replay it was a perfectly flat pass. so nothing wrong with that one, but great lines from us.
woodward's second - a lucky bounce in some respects, but great dummy, step kick and chase by him to get the try.

it wasn't the prettiest game, but we capitalized on our possession better than you.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The rebels winger got man of the match. But it was JOC (James O'Connor) directing traffic and slotting all the points. Was worth the money just going to see that (obviously a force win is nicer but always good to watch wallabies playing well regardless of their team).

M

Moono75

I understand your frustration, boy do I understand your frustration.

But this is the fourth time we've beaten you in five matches, with three vastly different squads. That makes us quite the opposite of inferior.

In fact, I'd say that makes the Force our bunnies.
its the manner in which the win was acheived that pisses me off. To my eye the trys have been very much a role of the dice as to whether they resulted in a try or not. the bounce of the ball etc. Somtimes thats the way games go. It just seems that it happens all the time with the Rebels.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Do any other Force fans from year 1 feel the same. I am so pissed off. I need a positive result.

To be honest I don't expect much. To make the super15 finals you need a strong local comp and depth. That will come in time for us.

In the mean-time I just go to enjoy the rugby. Next week we get to watch a Dan Carter masterclass. Just happy to live in a part of the world that gets live super rugby to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.