• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

FORCE v REBELS R8 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rebels running the ball back from halfway.

Saffy is on too, so is Reid. Jones and Higgers look to be on, so I guess Neville and Fuglistaller are off.

Rebels go wide to the winger Higgers, who grubbers ahead to turn over the ball. Turns into a kicking duel, with the crowd booing every time JOC (James O'Connor) touches the ball. Great kick from Mafi forces the Rebels back and JOC (James O'Connor) skews his clearing kick.

Lineout Force, 25 out.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Concerning from a Wallabies perspective how far off the pace JOC (James O'Connor) is looking.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Force win the lineout, and get stopped until they go wide to Stanley. Stanley grubbers out wide to Dellit, who juggles the ball before falling over the line near the corner post.

Good option as the Rebels winger had come up and in.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
It was a nicely worked try, and obviously rehearsed as Dellit ran hard onto the ball.

Godwin's kick wobbles to hit the left post, well down from the cross bar.

23 all! Close game.

Mafi off, SNK on. Mafi was apparently hobbling a bit.

12 to go.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Agree that Christie and Godwin do not have good kicking games.

Rebels holding the ball now, getting over the advantage line and into the Force's half.

JOC (James O'Connor) goes wide, throws it to no-one. Woodward picks it up, runs through the Force's line and kicks ahead. He drives on his own kick over the line. Great individual play from Woodward.

Rebels up again 28 to 23.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Great vision from Woodward after he made the bust to see that he had drawn the fullback and to kick ahead.

JOC (James O'Connor) kicks the conversion. Rebels 7 up. Rebels 30 to 23, 9 to go.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I see you're already talking about stealing the next kiwi?:D
i will be very impressed if harris plays for the wallabies again...and if he does its cause of a lot of injuries.
he's not that big of a loss for you from what i saw this weekend with the NZ teams!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Snowden on for Alby, Zacker on for Phipps.

Force going wide, Christie looking lively.

Rebels turn it over, SNK soccers ahead, and a kicking duel starts until Dellit fires a wobbly kick that just lands inside the touch line.

Someone tell Higgers to stop kicking the freaking ball.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Stirzacker gets a big hit jumping for the ball and misses it.

Force go wide, SNK flicks a short ball to Dellit who drops it.

Both teams then go through a bizarre phase of holding the ball for one phase then turning it over a few times.

Force lose another front rower.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tessman it was, Whitakker is on.

Another league scrum to restart play. Rebels go wide to Vuna. Stirzacker puts his foot on the line as he clears the ruck. Lots of errors coming from both teams now.

Status
Not open for further replies.