• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Tahs, round 9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Tahs are starting to rack up a few injuries after almost none in the first tranche of the competition. The injured list looks like:

Hodge (out for season)
Chapman (ditto)
Alofa
Betham
Folau
Kepu
Palu

This is shaping up as a cracker of a match after the Force's four-on-the-floor. Tahs by 3.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Georgina Robinson is reporting that Alofa, Folau & Palu should be okay for the force game. It's going to be a cracker!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I still don't see anywhere that the Force have a clear advantage over the Tahs. The Tahs will be tired from their trip to RSA and there will be home crowd advantage, but I just can't see us winning it. We'll play heaps better than we did in Sydney, but I still think we'll go down by about 12.

I was thinking during the Reds game, that the Reds players don't really have any motivation to send a big fuck you to Michael Foley, while some of the Force players do to Richard Graham. Likewise the Force players don't have any motivation re: Cheika while some/most of the Tahs do to Foley. I'm sure Foley would love to get one over NSW, but he isn't the one on the field.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
agree Forcefield,I think we will go down in a tight one.Mind you ,I thought that in the past four outings,so what would I know?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You Westerners are trying damn hard for that underdog tag, eh?
Tahs travelling back from SA after 2 tough games; a few injuries to worry about; Force at home with a settled team and 4 on the trot.
In all seriousness, if the Tahs win this one (and they sure could), I will be very bloody happy.
This conference is a tough one this year. The Force are playing some bloody good footy.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
You Westerners are trying damn hard for that underdog tag, eh?
Tahs travelling back from SA after 2 tough games; a few injuries to worry about; Force at home with a settled team and 4 on the trot.
In all seriousness, if the Tahs win this one (and they sure could), I will be very bloody happy.
This conference is a tough one this year. The Force are playing some bloody good footy.
for mine, If Folau plays Tah win, if he doesnt its anyones game.

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
I still don't see anywhere that the Force have a clear advantage over the Tahs. The Tahs will be tired from their trip to RSA and there will be home crowd advantage, but I just can't see us winning it. We'll play heaps better than we did in Sydney, but I still think we'll go down by about 12.

You are the worst force fan!!! Back your team, you haven't all season!!

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
For mine, it's 'tah's by 12. Reds are not on song this year, and Force took advantage of that. Tah's will be too strong up front and in the scrums. Line outs may be a lottery, but our back line is like having 7 Kyle Godwins with pace.

Ok, maybe a bit one eyed.....

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If the Chiefs lose. Brumbies and Force win, with the Tahs getting the bonus point, 3 out of the top 4 teams could be AUS! C'mon Round 9!!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
You are the worst force fan!!! Back your team, you haven't all season!!

And look how far it has taken us. :)

If nothing else, I hope the Force use the opportunity to recruit Rob Horne. He has been wasted so far this season.

@ Pete King- Very much agree.
@ Hawko- Exciting, huh?
@ Cyclopath- We earned that in Round 2.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Force I think will get up for this one. Sorry to blow your attempts at underdog status fellas.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I genuinely believe Folau will be the difference in this one. The Tahs offence grows a leg with him in the back line. Against the Stormers their only try came from an opportunistic bit of play by Phipps. Without Folau the Force could turn it into a scrap that will suit us down to the ground.

My tip will depend on if Folau plays.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Without Folau,Foley will just rain midfield bombs on KB (Kurtley Beale) all night long.
I reckon with a 90% success rate, KB (Kurtley Beale) will still be dropping 3 or 4.
It will not be pretty to watch.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well this is shaping up to be a clash for the ages; a real David (Waratahs) and Goliath (Force) story.

The Tahs are ranked 4th, the Force 5th so clearly the odds on the former getting the perfect result are already tipped in their favour. And it is a large winning margin that I anticipate on the weekend.

Coming off a hard fought, gutsy win against what has been the most stingiest defence (or thereabouts) in recent Super Rugby history, the tour of South Africa has tested the Tahs' physicality in such a way that the Force have not yet experienced; the Force have yet to make the journey across the Indian so will be ill-prepared for the onslaught in the forwards that will take place. The almost all international-capped pack (excluding Will Skelton but he's a Wallaby in waiting and will start in the first June test against Le Bleus for sho') only further highlights the challenge the Force pack faces.

Like the Force this week with Richard Graham, the Tahs have history with Foley and will look to continue the run of demoralizing wins (what is it, 4 on the trot now?) over the Force - nothing but a band of journeymen and discards from the Eastern States, New Zealand and South Africa.

And in the backs the Waratahs are spoilt for choice with a large contingent of Wallabies to the Force's 2. Many have touted Godwin as a future Wallaby, but like Harris and Tapuai, expect Beale to school the young buck in the finer art of midfield play. With Rasolea possibly out due to injury, there is another massive weak link in the Force backline, which the 90-odd capped Wallaby AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will look to exploit. The Tahs backline have the firepower to score tries at will, and that's without even considering Folau, who is injured!

It is patently clear that there is only one in the race who is good enough to win this match, and to my dismay it wont be the Force. The Force have been on a roll this season, breaking club records with each fluky, brave win. But belief can only take us so far against a team that were tipped from the start of this season to win the comp.

This time the only record I fear the Force will break will be the largest losing margin at home in Super Rugby history.

WFDOM

Frank Row (1)
And look how far it has taken us. :)

If nothing else, I hope the Force use the opportunity to recruit Rob Horne. He has been wasted so far this season.

@ Pete King- Very much agree.
@ Hawko- Exciting, huh?
@ Cyclopath- We earned that in Round 2.

Why the fark would we want Rob Horne? He's been wasted for a reason

WFDOM

Frank Row (1)
I would love Horne as our 13 him and Godwin would be a top class super rugby midfield partnership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Junior is (was) growing in to the role nicely Gaffa. It's obvious the staff see a lot more in him (and Wykes for that matter) than we do.... given the amount of chances they've had. I think KG & Junior building their relationship will pay dividends in the end!

The most impressive thing this year has been our back row. You could slip them in to Wallabies jerseys & they'd do a job for us. Everyone knows how good Hodgo & Benny Mac are, but Cottrell is a farkin animal who's been on the leash for the last two seasons & has now been let loose!

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
This time the only record I fear the Force will break will be the largest losing margin at home in Super Rugby history.

Please be kidding?? The Force have one of the best defensive games in super rugby at the moment E.g Holding chiefs to zero tries, rebels to one. Now your predicting this to the biggest the defeat at home in Super rugby history.

This is going to be a close one, Hopefully the force get up for this one. The Waratahs can be dealt with by brute force and sheer physicality and I know the Western force have that in them. The message will be to sit those bastards on the ground and make sure they think twice before running the ball again

Status
Not open for further replies.