• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Waratahs, round 13, Saturday 9 May

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Thank you Force! Ok Rebels, time to over-run those Tah's for the finals.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Force played well to their strengths, but they drastically need to improve their kicking, seeing as they do that so much. Ebersohn isn't exactly the best 10 in the comp.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
jordancat_zpsxdh59np0.gif

Western Force sneak out of the cellar to pull a
swifty on the big boys from Seedney.

You cannot stop the Western Force, you can only hope to contain them.

Both teams must really like wearing blue. MORANS. There's only one Blues.

Damn, Alby should come back to Auckland. Easily shits all over leadfoot wooden old man Jimmy Cowan.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
That bonus point put the Tahs in 3rd thanks to the conference system (ask the Reds from 2012!), but they are tied with the Brumbies on 32 points. Tahs have 7 wins +25 F/A, Brumbies have 6 wins +93 F/A. Tahs ahead thanks to more wins.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That bonus point put the Tahs in 3rd thanks to the conference system (ask the Reds from 2012!), but they are tied with the Brumbies on 32 points. Tahs have 7 wins +25 F/A, Brumbies have 6 wins +93 F/A. Tahs ahead thanks to more wins.
We don't really deserve it. I don't see us as "top three" in any way at the moment, nor the Brumbies really. Aus conference looks frail compared to NZ and to a degree, SA.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We don't really deserve it. I don't see us as "top three" in any way at the moment, nor the Brumbies really. Aus conference looks frail compared to NZ and to a degree, SA.

What's disappointing for the Brumbies is that they've had the opportunity to secure their spot in the finals and have now blown 3 close games............

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Well done Force. No surprises with the plan, executed it again, and the Tahs were once again beaten by it.
Tahs, you were fucking dire. I can't actually work out what the fuck you were trying to play. But it wasn't what you apparently are supposed to be playing. This is why I called it on the podcast - Tahs won't have a chance to defend the title because they are just too inconsistent. No patience, no ball security, no work on the Force ball.
Cheika has a big headache.

Well, they're consistently bad at playing teams like the Force and the Stormers.

Too many pushed passes, too little patience and an inability to react when an opponent slows down the game.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Matt Hodgson makes such a big difference for the Force. Makes me wonder what the season would have looked like if he hadn't done that hamstring.

Status
Not open for further replies.