• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Waratahs, round 13, Saturday 9 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cummins with a bit of space, but Hooper covers him. Some turnovers, some knock ons.

Penalty to the Tahs at the scrum, 45m out, in front. They kick to touch, 15m out. Interesting choice, but they are 7 down and must back themselves for a try here. 14 to go.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Indeed it was. And some bloody awful attempted maul defence. They all bloody missed! Fark. Tahs are awful here.
I don't know if it was strategy or just dumb luck but the Force basically set that one up on the maul destroyer (Skelton) and spun him off the side and from there the Tahs were up against it. I think it was more happy bonus than something that occurred by design but nonetheless very effective!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Shocking throw, messy work cleaning up, Mafi dives it and the Force clear. Story of the Tahs night.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Phipps knocks on under pressure from a messy ruck, Hodgson kicks ahead but it just rolls into goal and Foley grounds it.

Hooper limping badly. Not good.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Heaps of reserves on. Hooper has limped off.

Force are still insisting on not playing rugby.

G

galumay

At least I leave for Europe tomorrow morning, won't be able to watch any more of this rubbish from the Tah's. The Aussie conference is at a new low at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Force penalised for not releasing the tackled player. Hodgson goes to the bin after repeated warnings. Tahs 30m out right in front, but they instead go for a lineout.

That penalty on Hodgson looked rubbish on replay. The other Force player maybe should have been penalised for not rolling away, but not Hodgson.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs maul from 5m out, but mess it right near the line and it's a scrum Force.

9 minutes to go.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
that looked so funny, scrum collapsed, Matthewson points to Paddy Ryan (I think), ref says "yeah yeah" and pings Waratahs

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Another Force maul, but this one is stopped after 5m and Alby has a box kick. Tahs are throwing it around a bit now.

Force steals, but ref says knock on next ruck. All looked a bit dodgy to me. No ruck at all, but Tessman grabbed the ball as he stood up - he needed to get to his feet first.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs go wide to Taqele, but the pass from Beale is rubbish and it bounced uncomfortable for big T and he knocks it on.

4 minutes left, Force up 18 - 11, scrum 40m from the Tahs line, and Hodgson still in the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.