• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Waratahs, round 13, Saturday 9 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Across the eyes... I'm surprised Hoffman didn't follow up on it after commenting about it on the replay.
And he didn't "rake" them on the views I saw - stop looking for something that wasn't there. His hand was over the face, the fingers were not digging into anything. The rucking was the issue, and it got a card as it will these days.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It was a stomp, he got a yellow card........... seems pretty straight forward.

Skelton with his hands in someone's eyes.............. that's not good to see..........

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
The Force play was illegally using his hands to try to hold the ball in, he rucked it free.

I accept the current rules don't allow rucking, but that's exactly how and why it should be allowed IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bollocks :)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Kepu very lucky that wasn't a red, he was saved as he started on the shoulder, not closer to the head. Amazed that Dennis didn't know that law, or maybe he was just being hopeful. I think that Kepu rucked his shoulder down his arm the first go, then maybe a slight stamp on the arm the second, meant it was just a yellow and not a red. Close run thing, though.

Bit of justice on that last penalty in a half, looked like a fair turnover to me but Beale missed the long range penalty attempt anyway.

Tahs haven't turned up in the first half, they have looked OK on occasion but can't hold onto the ball long enough as they try to force play. Force aren't showing too much, but their physicality is good, they are putting pressure on the Tahs and profiting off of it.

Oh, and Paddy Ryan can't keep his side of the scrum up. He should have been the two preceding scrums as well before getting penalised on the third one.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Force play was illegally using his hands to try to hold the ball in, he rucked it free.

I accept the current rules don't allow rucking, but that's exactly how and why it should be allowed IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have You ever heard of a maul mate?

D

daz

T
hey sbould be so lucky.

Yes, the team currently in finals contention should be so lucky to play the same level as the team in contention for the spoon.

Good lord.

My point was that the Tahs need to play their game, and not try to play the game the Force are dictating. It's clever by the Force, but dumb by the Tahs.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Foley missed what was a not too difficult penalty a couple of minutes earlier, and Burton misses a bit harder one now.

I think the Force should have gone for a five metre lineout there, their maul has put pressure on the Tahs all night.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The yellow card was a bit meh, but I'm a supporter of allowing the use of boots (within reason obviously). That being said, it was a maul so Kepu didn't really have the right to feel as aggrieved as he did that the Force player wasn't letting go.
His first strike was a bit too close to the head but the subsequent ones got the Tah lying at the very bottom.
No one that got rucked really seemed to care though. Rules say you can't do it though so I guess YC is to be expected.
Skelton put himself in a shit spot with his hands on oppos face. It wouldn't have taken much to make that look sus (it wasn't for mine) and he's in trouble.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cummins was sweating on that chip from Beale, if the Force 9 had drawn and passed instead of dummying early they could have really punished the Tahs. McCalman also throws a forced pass way forward on a good opportunity, but it's come back for a Tahs knock on.

If the Tahs score next I think they still could run away with it, but the longer the Force keep an arm wrestle and accumulate points the more chance they have of winning.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Fuck the Tahs are playing some shitty loose rugby. Ball security is non-existent, and they're poor over Force ball. Lacking any consistency, as I have thought all year. Force doing the muscle-up thing well, yet again. Tahs being drawn into playing the Force game and doing it badly.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^Same as round 1.

The non-Tourist scores after beating 3 tackles from the 10 metre line.

Tahs 11 Force 13. ktc but misses. 53 minutes gone.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Big Taqele in the corner from nothing. Force smashed the Tahs runners back, until a loose flick pass from Folau found Taqele who beats 3 would be tacklers in a 40m run to the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.