• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs B&I Lions - Wed. 5 Jun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Thought I'd start the thread as this baby is creeping up on us.

I am excited about this game. The Force has shown a bit of hardness lately.

It's going to be interesting to see what sort of team the Lions put out. They would want to get off on a high not against the Baabaas in Bonkers so they are likely to run some of their "second" combos in the Perth game.

Force will give this thing horns, make no mistake. The pack has been standing up well and they aren't losing anyone to the Australian squad so they should get a good bit of pill from set piece. But it's at the breakdown where the Foce have set the platform for some good rugby.

I am laying it out there now. Force to cause an upset. You read it here first. These games are what Lions tours are about.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Our advantage is that we won't lose any players to the Wallabies squad because I think Robbie is keen for HB to play and we will get underestimated. I hope we can surprise the Lions and score a win- I could cope with another dismal Super Rugby season if we could do that.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I just got very excited thanks blue !! Cant wait for next week.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Force v Lions & Tahs head WA Festival of Rugby

By RugbyWA Media Unit

rugbyfest_300x250.jpg

The Emirates Western Force’s tour match against the British& Irish Lions and Super Rugby fixture against the NSW Waratahs headline the WA Festival of Rugby set to take place in Perth next week.
The festival begins on Saturday, 1 June and runs through to Sunday, 9 June with in excess of a dozen key events making up the nine-day rugby celebration.
The British & Irish Lions begin their once-in-12-year Australian tour in Perth on Wednesday, 5 June when they take on the Emirates Western Force at Patersons Stadium. The Lions last played in the Perth during their previous venture to Australia in 2001, when they defeated a Western Australian squad 116-10 at the WACA. Click here to book tickets to watch the Emirates Western Force take on the British & Irish Lions. (See Special Ticket Offers below)
The Force will hold an open training session on the Monday prior to the match at McGillivray Oval, with all supporters invited to attend, watch the side prepare for the historic match and meet the players afterwards

Read More :http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/tabid/905/ArticleID/9285/Default.aspx

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
This is a banana skin for the Lions, they have 14 players coming off finals last weekend so I'd say most of them will play some sort of part in this one as they'll miss the game in HK.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
all depends on what team the force put on the paddock;they play the Tahs 4 days later,so they may rest many of usual starting XV

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
all depends on what team the force put on the paddock;they play the Tahs 4 days later,so they may rest many of usual starting XV
To win what? The who gives a fat rats clacker cup. We've already got the wooden spoon sewn up, might as well run out a full strength squad against the Lions.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
thought we beat the highlanders in the battle for the wooden spoon
& you think Foley doesn't want to beat his old club?

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm really looking forward to seeing the match against the Lions, hopefully Foley puts on the field the best he can regardless of the game against the 'tahs. We have no chances of making the play-offs and a prestigious win would be more than welcome, I guess.
We beat the Reds, then the Crusaders, then we'll beat the Lions as well :D
Great teams succumb to Force power :p

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Bugger the Tahs game. Putting one over the Lions will have far more value for rugby in the West. All the focus should go on this match. Not many mid week teams have beaten the Lions.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bugger the Tahs game. Putting one over the Lions will have far more value for rugby in the West. All the focus should go on this match. Not many mid week teams have beaten the Lions.

Maori was a classic though. Some of the UK betting odds had huge odds on the Maori winning, too.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
So the Lions have been named against the Barbarians. Given that none of the starters are likely to back up 4 days later and Warbo will probably be rested, will this be the starting team vs the Force?

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Rory Best
3. Dan Cole
4. Ian Evans
5. Geoff Parling
6. Tom Croft
7. Sean O'Brien
8. Jamie Heaslip
9. Ben Youngs
10. Jonathon Sexton
11. Rob Kearney
12. Manu Tuilagi
13. Brian O'Driscoll
14. Alex Cuthbert
15. Leigh Half-penny

Looks very good. But far less scary than it could be.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is there any news what sort of team the Force are looking to put out for this game? Just 4 days later they play the Waratahs. Surely that one is more important to Foley.

Status
Not open for further replies.