• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs B&I Lions - Wed. 5 Jun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morton

Frank Nicholson (4)
From talk out of club rugbyland in Sydney, there are a number of non contracted Sydney players heading west to play against the lions. hope no one wasted money on tickets in hope of a top class game. Lions by 100+

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
From talk out of club rugbyland in Sydney, there are a number of non contracted Sydney players heading west to play against the lions. hope no one wasted money on tickets in hope of a top class game. Lions by 100+
That would be very very disappointing.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I know hugh roach is here maybe looking to get an eps next year.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Can you blame the Force. They have a Super Rugby competition on Sunday.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is there any news what sort of team the Force are looking to put out for this game? Just 4 days later they play the Waratahs. Surely that one is more important to Foley.

There was talk of using a lot of local competition players. We probably have enough fit players to manage both games in the forwards, but might need a bit extra with the backs.

I'd run out our first choice side against the Lions. Then have a team for the Waratahs like this with a few backing up off the bench from Wednesday:

1. Longbottom
2. Hilterbrand
3. Manu
4. Battye
5. Walton
6. Brown
7. Cottrell
8. McCaffrey
9. Sheehan
10. Sam Christie
12. CTM
15. SNK

Not sure who could fill those spots in the backs.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
There was talk of using a lot of local competition players. We probably have enough fit players to manage both games in the forwards, but might need a bit extra with the backs.

I'd run out our first choice side against the Lions. Then have a team for the Waratahs like this with a few backing up off the bench from Wednesday:

1. Longbottom
2. Hilterbrand
3. Manu
4. Battye
5. Walton
6. Brown
7. Cottrell
8. McCaffrey
9. Sheehan
10. Sam Christie
12. CTM
15. SNK

Not sure who could fill those spots in the backs.
I agree. People like Stanley, Stubbs, Tupou plus unknown guys coming from Sydney clubs could fill the positions in the line-up above.

p.s. I wonder if CTM will be there

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
They put this game at Subi, a much bigger venue than NIB. So they clearly recognise the importance of the game. If they let Foley run out the "b" team they make a mockery of those who paid for tickets.

M

Moono75

Come on we know this is just a massive opportunity for a money grab. Hence the new Lions themed Force jersey. Beer prices at Patterson's (Subi Oval) stadium have probably been bumped up by a couple of dollars in readiness. If we can shell out money to buy tickets to watch the game then I want to see a decent Force team put on the field. If CTM doesn't finally get a run in one of the games then we know he's in the shit.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
They put this game at Subi, a much bigger venue than NIB. So they clearly recognise the importance of the game. If they let Foley run out the "b" team they make a mockery of those who paid for tickets.

I'm coming from Melbourne for this. I expect to see the A-grade Force team mauled by the Lions.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'm coming from Melbourne for this. I expect to see the A-grade Force team mauled by the Lions.
Me too. I was feeling relatively optimistic we would at least give good account of ourselves until I saw their team.

That team is better in every postion to a man unless HB plays and MMM shows up in fine form.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You can't play two full strength sides in 4 days. Which one would you prefer? Surely the competition game is more important + Foley Tahs factor.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Me too. I was feeling relatively optimistic we would at least give good account of ourselves until I saw their team.

That team is better in every postion to a man unless HB plays and MMM shows up in fine form.

Don't underestimate the value of a match fit team that regularly plays together. Worse sides than the Force have pushed the Lions right down the wire. In 2009 the Royal XV and Cheetahs were both probably worse than the Force and were one score from being ahead in the game against the Lions at the 74m mark.

I reckon Godwin might just be pushing ahead of a guy like Tuilagi- for versatility perhaps not power. Also Alby Mathewson I reckon is better than Ben Youngs.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
You can't play two full strength sides in 4 days. Which one would you prefer? Surely the competition game is more important + Foley Tahs factor.

If I was the Force I would have no time for Foley Tahs factor. Put that unprofessional crap to the side. I think the Force are going to go all out for the Lions and for the benefit of WA rugby.

I hope so anyways.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Huh? The Super rugby game is a competition game that matters, you cannot send a weakened squad for that. The Lions game is not important in terms of results. It's not just the Foley factor, it's about competition integrity.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
qwerty, what would we win by beating the Waratahs?

The difference is we play the Tahs twice a year.....hopefully the Force still exist next time the Lions tour.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Huh? The Super rugby game is a competition game that matters, you cannot send a weakened squad for that. The Lions game is not important in terms of results. It's not just the Foley factor, it's about competition integrity.

Surely you can't be serious? Competition integrity was gone at the point the Waratahs were going to have to rest 10 Wallabies for the Force game. With neither team now realistically able to make the finals, the Tahs game means very little.

For the rugby community of Perth, it's the Lions game that matters. A strong and inspiring (yeah I know with our attack that is unlikely) performance against the Lions will get the many ex-pats in Perth on board with the Force. It will expose our team internationally and past the Super Rugby countries. Are the games being shown live on free-to-air TV? If so, we might also pick up a few local followers if we put on a good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom