• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs B&I Lions - Wed. 5 Jun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
So the Lions have been named against the Barbarians. Given that none of the starters are likely to back up 4 days later and Warbo will probably be rested, will this be the starting team vs the Force?

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Rory Best
3. Dan Cole
4. Ian Evans
5. Geoff Parling
6. Tom Croft
7. Sean O'Brien
8. Jamie Heaslip
9. Ben Youngs
10. Jonathon Sexton
11. Rob Kearney
12. Manu Tuilagi
13. Brian O'Driscoll
14. Alex Cuthbert
15. Leigh Half-penny

Looks very good. But far less scary than it could be.

We are going to get caned with any BL line up whether we put Force A or B on the pitch. Id rather focus on the tahs game myself.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Jenkins and Warburton are out for Lions, I'd expect BOD to sit this one out as well he'll be wrapped in cotton wool and will probably only play one and a half games before the tests. I think the team may be

Healy, Youngs, Cole, Parling, Jones, Croft, SOB, Heaslip, Youngs, Sexton, North, Tuiligui, Bowe, Halfpenny, Kearney

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
Looks like mmm is out for the match against the lions and will come back against the tahs .... Not good i say

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
He said he could play this week but wants to give it another couple of days and face the tahs it was always going to be one or the other not both. He has been doing contact the last week so he is ready to go.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
He said he could play this week but wants to give it another couple of days and face the tahs it was always going to be one or the other not both. He has been doing contact the last week so he is ready to go.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the update Gaffa

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
We are going to get caned with any BL line up whether we put Force A or B on the pitch. Id rather focus on the tahs game myself.

Well I am sure they players want their shot at a once in a lifetime opportunity to play the Lions.

What's better for Rugby WA? A second string bunch go down by 50 or the Lions get pushed close by the first team?

Tahs and Force are out of playoffs so it's irrelevant at this stage.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Well I am sure they players want their shot at a once in a lifetime opportunity to play the Lions.

What's better for Rugby WA? A second string bunch go down by 50 or the Lions get pushed close by the first team?

Agree. Word is a force B lineup will play the lions with the senior group preferring to focus on the waratahs including mcmenimum who has chosen to make the nsw game his comeback date.

Will be disappointing for force fans and people getting their feet wet for the first time with the franchise.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Lions team announced

Leigh Halfpenny, Tommy Bowe, Brian O'Driscoll (captain), Manu Tuilagi, George North, Jonny Sexton; Conor Murray; Cian Healy, Rory Best, Dan Cole, Alun-Wyn Jones, Ian Evans, Tom Croft, Sean O'Brien, Jamie Heaslip.
Replacements: Tom Youngs, Mako Vunipola, Matt Stevens, Geoff Parling, Toby Faletau, Ben Youngs, Owen Farrell, Sean Maitland.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The Lions should win, but you never know. These guys haven't been exposed to SH attack for months so the force might be able to pull a few tricks on them. The Lions attack wasn't too convincing on Saturday either, so maybe even a Force B defence could hold out for at least the first half.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The Lions probably have their 3 most creative backs in Sexton BOD and Bowe, they are more subtle than the back line they fielded against the BaaBaas. The Lions IMO are only Mike Phillips away from their test back line

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Yeh we r in serious trouble. This is pretty close to the lions test team. A lot better then the side that faced the bah bahs

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Agree. Word is a force B lineup will play the lions with the senior group preferring to focus on the waratahs including mcmenimum who has chosen to make the nsw game his comeback date.

Will be disappointing for force fans and people getting their feet wet for the first time with the franchise.

Will be a shame.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Lions probably have their 3 most creative backs in Sexton BOD and Bowe, they are more subtle than the back line they fielded against the BaaBaas. The Lions IMO are only Mike Phillips away from their test back line

Tuilagi over Roberts?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Will be a shame.

You possess marvellous understatement for a Jaap. Especially a ginger :)

A fucking tragedy is what it is. Let me be clear on this:

FUCK SUPER RUGBY

This is a once-a-career stuff - to go out there and write your club into fucking HISTORY.

To bash six shades of shit, and possibly even a seventh, out of an international touring side whose accents aren't even the same.

This is bigger than Ben Hur.

Bigger than positions on a table when you're finals chance is already gone.

Bigger than my own f-bomb count on this forum FFS!!!

Where is your sense of occasion, Axel?!!!

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
Do you think the players might revolt and demand to play?
The problem is that we're talking about rumors, I think nobody knows for sure whether Force management decided to play the game with a "B" side.
Anyway, the B&I Lions squad to face the Force has been named, at least they didn't decide to play with a "B" side

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
At least Foley will have the glory of knocking off a Tahs side that is missing half of its members to wallabies and injury.

Oh the pride.

Assuming we actually beat the Tahs. Otherwise it will be two wasted matches.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)

its not irrelevant- this is foleys chance to beat the tahs while they are weakened... this has nothing to do with whats better for the force... foley would rather beat the tahs then beat the lions... its personal for him... jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.