• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force Vs Rebels - Rd4 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Congratulations Force fans. Lap that one up fellas and much deserved. Shit they played well. I was bloody frustrated when they took the shots at goal when the score was 32 zip. I yelled out to the TV "that fucking Foley" and I don't retract. Got to give him credit for how he had them ready for that game and boy they were technically excellent. Great to see them use the football also.

Bad luck Rebels fans. Sucks to watch your side beaten like that. I know after our Tahs loss last week. At least this serves as a massive kick up the arse for the group. Totality Tony should give himself an uppercut for the changes. If it isn't broken, don't bloody fix it.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Force won the toss and kicked with the sea-breeze. That's why the first half was played almost entirely inside the Rebels 22.

The Rebels realized they needed to put the same pressure on the Force if they had any chance of coming back, which required a dominant kicking game.

What resulted was almost a stalemate. The Force kick returns were good, they were winning quite a few up and unders that sat up nicely in the breeze.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Fair enough. Obviously that is the sort of informative stuff that good commentators give out as the game unfolds.

It is well beyond the abilities of our commentators, however. And we wonder why more people do not appreciate our game?

We need to get some decent commentators who know something about the game and can tell the folks at home what they need to know so as to understand and appreciate what is happening on the field. Sometimes what looks like aimless kicking is actually tactically important, and therefor interesting.

Rugby is a complex game, the dumbing down and over-simplification that the vast majority of our commentators employ does the code no favours at all.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It's something the sideline commentator should pick up that's for sure. I certainly noticed Sias kicking an extra 20m with support of the wind.

Saying that, it's also the advantage of seeing the games live! Much more interesting. It's why the Force will always have support in Perth, deep down all we really want is live super rugby :D

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Forces kicking game was good. Kicked to space in the first half which gave plenty of opportunities for the chasing back 3.

In the second half, the kicks consistently went to just outside the 22, preventing the rebels kickers from punting the ball out and resetting 45 metres downfield.

No animosity towards the Force. They played out of their skins.

But Woodward had the worst individual performance I'd ever seen. Compound that with in general poor performances, esp.Burgess, Roberts, Neville and Colby and well, the rotation did not work.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
According to the stats Fox put up Fainga'a was the Rebels top tackler with 17 in the 65 min he was on & I'd be very surprised if he missed more than 1 or 2 max. Ok he didn't set the world on fire as some thought he might but geez the criticism he's copped on here is very harsh. As has been noted by others, there were plenty of Rebels out there who were WAY below their best & really, it was just one of those games were everything fell the Force's way.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Congratulations Force fans. Lap that one up fellas and much deserved. Shit they played well. I was bloody frustrated when they took the shots at goal when the score was 32 zip. I yelled out to the TV "that fucking Foley" and I don't retract. Got to give him credit for how he had them ready for that game and boy they were technically excellent. Great to see them use the football also.

Bad luck Rebels fans. Sucks to watch your side beaten like that. I know after our Tahs loss last week. At least this serves as a massive kick up the arse for the group. Totality Tony should give himself an uppercut for the changes. If it isn't broken, don't bloody fix it.
I was disappointed,but not surprised by the tactic to take the points.
If you are 32 up,and still won't have a crack,then you never will.
If you are going to play that way every week,you have to be better,man on man.
Or rely on the opposition not turning up.
Enjoy the win Force fans,they deserved it.

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)
Well done Force. Rebels now know how the Reds felt last week. Let's see if they can pick themselves up like the Reds. Everyone wants them to beat the Crusaders next week.

T

tranquility

Very happy about this result, I feel the Force really needed it. They looked bloody good too, very accurate and just like the tahs game they got a roll-on. The Rebels were made to look pedestrian, just as the Reds were but it's just one of those things. Sias looked much better than Zack at flyhalf persist with him.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Well done Force. Hope the home crowd enjoyed that, Perth is important to the future of rugby in this country.

I think that Totality Tony needs to rethink selection policies and tactics.

Perhaps Bruce Ross was premature in announcing his discovery of the genius of TT;)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Once you have the four try bonus point it's generally better to keep the scoreboard ticking over.

At 32 - 0 though, the game is basically over either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.