• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Reds - S15 Round 12 - 4 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Marto's comment at that scrum was rather droll. Getting used to different shaped heads, like an imprint in the sofa!

And what has happened to Tapuai? He's in atrocious form right now

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
3 points clawed back by the visitors. Red 6 Home team 11.

Beau Robbo is on for Quirk. 2013 debut.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Marto's comment at that scrum was rather droll. Getting used to different shaped heads, like an imprint in the sofa!

And what has happened to Tapuai? He's in atrocious form right now

Has been for a while. Is he carrying a niggling injury?

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
White kicking tee on Simmons' head. Will give Marto that one, very astute and hillarious observation

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Has been for a while. Is he carrying a niggling injury?
Agreed - Lilo is so far ahead of anyone at 12 at the moment that it will a real disappointment if he is not picked for the wobs. Godwin probably next best - in spite of his choice of options a few minutes ago

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ioanne tries to throw his first pass in a month and butchers a certain try. What he does well he does better than anyone, but he does not have a very rounded game. We are quick to criticise copper and beale for their tackling, McCabe and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for their distribution and a lot of 9s for their delivery - but are their games any less complete than Digby's?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ioanne tries to throw his first pass in a month and butchers a certain try. What he does well he does better than anyone, but he does not have a very rounded game. We are quick to criticise copper and beale for their tackling, McCabe and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for their distribution and a lot of 9s for their delivery - but are their games any less complete than Digby's?
They dont have a red shirt on their back

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)

I think that because Diggers is a winger, thus a "finisher", we tend to be less critical. That's my theory anyway.

Add: Although as a "roving winger" I'd say he does a lot more than just the traditional straight out "finishing winger" role.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think that because Diggers is a winger, thus a "finisher", we tend to be less critical. That's my theory anyway.

Add: Although as a "roving winger" I'd say he does a lot more than just the traditional straight out "finishing winger" role.
The roving winger is what he does well - taking the inside ball and making metres in traffic - he doesn't have the top end pace to be a finisher any more. In the NFL he's be a running back, not a wide receiver - which is more akin to the primary role of the winger

Status
Not open for further replies.