• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Sharks round 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sharks: 15. Riaan Viljoen, 14. Odwa Ndungane , 13. JP Pietersen, 12. Meyer Bosman , 11. Lwazi Mvovo, 10. Patrick Lambie, 9. Charl McLeod , 8. Keegan Daniel (c) , 7. Willem Alberts , 6. Marcell Coetzee , 5. Franco van der Merwe , 4. Anton Bresler , 3. Jannie du Plessis, 2. Kyle Cooper , 1. JC Janse van Rensburg.
Replacements: 16. Monde Hadebe , 17. Wiehahn Herbst , 18. Pieter-Steph du Toit, 19. Derick Minnie / Tera Mtembu, 20. Jean Deysel , 21. Tian Meyer, 22. Piet Lindeque

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
That is a very good Sharks team. The Force will need to defend their asses of again to stand a chance. I can see us getting tortured in the set piece. I hope the Sharks are fatigued and demoralised.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
For the Force to turn up 3 weeks in a row would be a minor miracle.

Expect the Sharkies to win by 6.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
That is a very good Sharks team. The Force will need to defend their asses of again to stand a chance. I can see us getting tortured in the set piece. I hope the Sharks are fatigued and demoralised.
All depend on their team talk. If its afrikaans, the Force are in trouble.

M

Moono75

The Force have stepped up their defensive game and should put the bite on the Sharks, especially with wet weather forecast. This four game home stretch will give them plenty of time to plot a few wins. This could be the week we see CTM given a run. I liked Hodgo and Alcock starting together last week and it is crucial that Alby starts over Sheehan.

M

Moono75

Force name unchanged team other than Alby starting over Sheno. Bring on Friday time to smash those Shooorks.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I liked Hodgo and Alcock starting together last week and it is crucial that Alby starts over Sheehan.

And so it will come to pass. Agree on Alcock, and Mathewson has been one of the best for the Force this year and was only going to be rested for that one game. Mind you, it's easy to forget now what a good season Sheehan had last year.

There is a preview of the match as part of a blog I wrote here:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/preview-aussie-matches-in-round-14/

M

Moono75

And so it will come to pass. Agree on Alcock, and Mathewson has been one of the best for the Force this year and was only going to be rested for that one game. Mind you, it's easy to forget now what a good season Sheehan had last year.

There is a preview of the match as part of a blog I wrote here:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/preview-aussie-matches-in-round-14/
Thank god someone else is showing some interest in this game! Talk about a quiet build up. I thought I might have to say something outlandish to provoke a response. Weather has come good, boys will be fired up to take on the Shoorks. Thanks for the preview....except the predicted Sharks by 5. I think the Force can take it with a couple of Honey Badger meat pies!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Foley loves statistics, I wonder if he'll mention these?

In several areas however, the statistics are damning. Tries have been short for the Force - only the Kings have scored fewer than the Perth side's 19 this season. Their line-out is the worst in the tournament with a success rate of 78.4 per cent.

The other side of the coin does not read well either. The Force's tackle success rate of 84.9 per cent is the second worst in the league.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
The Force, like the Rebels are due to 'just win' one, rather than 'just lose' one, anytime soon - and they will be hurting from last week. The Sharks have dropped their heads for the season, and I see this as a game the Force can take to the Bank.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
After a short kicking duel early on, the Force have played with ball in hand, moving it about 70 metres up field in 8 phases.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I missed the 10 minutes after the penalty to the Sharks was awarded in the 2nd minute, but judging by the score, I assume not much happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.