• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Sharks round 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I liked what I saw from the Force. It's disappointing for the fans and for the guys but they are becoming a really competitive team now.

If you look at the teams you wouldn't have expected the Force to dominate for most, and have a chance to win if they took their chances.

Hopefully they keep this core group of players together and slowly bring in youth from the academy and over-east over the next 2 seasons. I think the Force can be a top 8 side again.

M

Moono75

The Force are tracking OK. Sure it's frustrating but we are getting there in small increments. We definitely need to add some firepower on the offensive side of things. The ability to score points will always add pressure on the opposing team.

To quote Shakespeare....possibly a first on this forum "How poor are they that have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees?"

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
To quote Shakespeare..possibly a first on this forum "How poor are they that have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees?"

Dunno, losing your balls to testicular cancer?? Seems to me a wound like that would never heal.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Game plan is too narrow and predictable from Foley, and too much kicking. The Force team are a safe team to kick to as they so seldom look to counter.

This is why Tahs supporters were not upset to see Foley leave. Commiserations.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The Force are tracking OK. Sure it's frustrating but we are getting there in small increments. We definitely need to add some firepower on the offensive side of things. The ability to score points will always add pressure on the opposing team.

To quote Shakespeare..possibly a first on this forum "How poor are they that have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees?"

I'm happy to see improvement for the time being, but those boys need to heed the lessons of the great Carwyn James and remember that rugby is a thinking game. They just don't do enough of that at crucial points of tight matches.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
I know it's been mentioned thousands of times but there's now definitely a gold jersey awaiting Godwin for the EOYT.
There are really no words for him.
He's impressive and keeps improving game after game. Just give him the ball and he's over the advantage line, somehow. Hopefully Force can build a solid backs' pack around him in the next years.

Talking about the match, it's getting frustrating to lose always because of a poor game management. Every time a win seems to be within reach, there you see them give penalties away or have a couple of episodes that makes them lose the game (i.e. the awful Cowan's restart kick from the 22 that gave the ball to the Skarks as a present and the following Longbottom's missed tackle on Viljoen)
I also didn't like Ebersohn's match. I've always stood up for him until now, but he's let me down this time. He just kicked away almost every ball without getting a single advantage and was (imo) inaccurate in the kick towards Cummins that could score a wonderful try.

Status
Not open for further replies.