• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France to rest stars for Aussie tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
let's face it, this isn't a series that anyone cares about THAT much so rest some players, rotate some others in and get some depth before a world cup.
throw quade, genia and horwill into the third game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We really have to accept the fact that NH teams usually send a below strength touring party to our shores. The Loins are the honourable exception.

It will be fascinating to see what approach the Soap Dodgers take for their tour. They will surely pick their very strongest squad, they cannot afford to get thrashed a year out from their RWC.

Lancaster has already said that England will be missing 10+ players for the 1st Test & those 10+ will only arrive a few days prior to the 2nd, therefore we'll have to wait for the 3rd to see their full-strength (minus injuries & suspensions) side. I really don't think they give a damn if they lose 0-3 & suspect the French don't either.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I see this as an opportunity to blood some fringe players like Skelton, Jones, Foley, Longbottom and give further exposure to players like Sio and Cowan. They may not be first choice at the moment but they are in form and experience this year could bode well for the RWC next year if required.

This isn't an argument to weaken the side or select a B team, but an opportunity to select players who are showing genuine form over incumbents who are not in form to give them experience.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I got 4 Category A tickets last night to the game at Suncorp. I'm shouting tickets for my brother and a few mates who predominantly support league. trying to make a conscious effort to support the ARU, even tho I generally prefer to watch the games at home. Really couldn't care too much which French players turn up, just looking forward to watching the wobs play some cracking rugby.....

should i move this to the positivity thread?

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I agree with Gnostic, blooding players and selecting your strongest team don't necessarily have to be a different thing

T

TOCC

I don't want to see it turn into a farce though, paint it however you want but if the top players aren't playing then people won't turn up....

Maybe 'player a' is one for the future and deserves his chance, but wholesale changes to 'blood for the future' isn't going to be a positive from a marketing sense..

Phase in one or two debutants per match but keep the team at as near full strength as possible.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Another reason why the NZRUs push for July tests is a good idea, can't understand why NH are so against it, let their comps finish and then everyone that wants can play.

You do realise the Top 14 starts mid August and the rest of the comps early September. There is no off season!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It appears this isn't as bad as thought.

Toulouse just released this tweet (all those names will be touring)

C. Tolofua, Y. Maestri, @TitiDusautoir, @YannickNyanga et L. Picamoles sont dans le groupe du XV de France pour la tournée en Australie !

In three-quarters FickouG @ @ @ MaxMedard Huget14 and are also selected for this tour in June! # tweetprecedent

Reactions: BDA

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
BnBlK2VCQAE3KtZ.jpg

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Typical Frogs. No wonder the ARU can't make any money.

Typical OZ, blaming someone else for their problems.......

:)

Looks a good squad for France. Mix of experience and some very green players. Might even get the Les Bleus jersey out and go to the Etihad test.

M

Moono75

Typical OZ, blaming someone else for their problems...

:)

Looks a good squad for France. Mix of experience and some very green players. Might even get the Les Bleus jersey out and go to the Etihad test.
An AB supporter doning a French jersey after some of those recent clashes and there was that boat incident in the harbour. Sacre Bleu!

Status
Not open for further replies.