• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OK, can people take some time to read.........Higginbotham is on a plane home injured, so naming him in your team is pointless. This has been mentioned about a dozen times in this and other threads.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Well this could be a new winner- suggesting Albert Anae would have been a 'welcome addition'. Fuck me.

I get what you're saying Bowside but come on, he barely played for the Reds.

It's not a ridiculous suggestion at all, Anae had spent more time in the squad before leaving than many blokes on this tour like Man-Rea, Faulkner and McMahon.

Considering how shit Alexander has been, many on this forum would probably endorse him as a better bench option.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not trying to be harsh on you particularly, but you're about the 6th or 7th who've put him up as the guy for 6 for next week. He flew back, Schatz flew over with some bloke called Kurtley as cabin baggage.

is that the Kurtley who's been appointed ARU t-shirt manager?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's not a ridiculous suggestion at all, Anae had spent more time in the squad before leaving than many blokes on this tour like Man-Rea, Faulkner and McMahon.

Considering how shit Alexander has been, many on this forum would probably endorse him as a better bench option.
Give Faulkner the bench THP or are we saying he plays both sides but really can't.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Beale in charge of anything in just wrong... Even beer money, he would keep it for himself and text his tah mates around 3am in the morning for hungry jacks pancakes.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
08eaa09cffb9567d5d2e0e3efab2e333_zps3362dce3.jpg

Our wallby captain shinig on the ranking,

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
a strong expression that many posters to GAGR have very little understanding of professional rugby, have not seen the game or are voting on geographic lines. damages the credibility of the ratings greatly.

i suppose there is also the possibility of many "rankers" having a laugh or, far worse, ranking strategically in the perceived interests of their pet players. such behaviour should not be able to be hidden by transposing "r" and "w" before "ank". "wank" covers it well.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
the Canal5 callers and commentators called Mr Hooper beautifully. in French, "oo-purr" is a great sound.

that is far better than the kiwi and Saffa callers and commentators describing Stephen Moo-Ah

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Personally, I'd prefer PAE.

M

Moono75

[quote="Biffo, post: 692512, member: i repeat
we may have just seen a preview of the final of RWC 2015
and what a final it would be.[/quote]

If RWC stands for Regional Wine Championship you may be right.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Rucks France.jpg

Attached is a breakdown of ruck involvement by Wallaby Forwards (and their replacements) broken down for each 10 minutes of the game.
The red numbers highlight where players seem to be working harder than the average.
The blue numbers when they have been involved lower than average (taking more passive/support role, being the ball carrier, tackling etc).
These stats are gathered from watching replays of the game. They are my own.
I compare my total ruck numbers with those from ESPN and they appear very close.
If you check out my posts for the game against Wales I also provided % early engagement (1st or 2nd to ruck) as well as % impact (Impact = active engagement, strong physical contact, changed shape of ruck, clean-out, etc. More than hand on someone's bum or playing statues.)
I suggest that these ruck stats need to be viewed with the best stats you can get for runs, run m, tackles etc.
Significant ruck contributions (total game) by Backs as follows:
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) – 13, Foley – 10, Kuridrani – 9, Folau – 8, Horne – 8.
This is the 2nd Test where Hooper and the players off the bench appear to lift for the last 10 minutes.
It's also the 2nd game where McCalman appears to move wide of the channel for Q2 and early in Q3.
Note: Numbers corrected for Skelton in the last 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.