• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I had Stannard as well at half-back but since he's lost the kicking duties, I don't think he'll score as well going forward...

I have Kerr Barlow as well in my squad and am thinking about swapping him for Stannard. I am leaning toward leaving Stannard for one more week, just because the Reds are playing inexperienced Dallan murphy at 10, which might give Stannard the edge. Anyone know anything about Murphy?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs players are better atm because they just finished up their bye, same as Rebels and Stormers players.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have Kerr Barlow as well in my squad and am thinking about swapping him for Stannard. I am leaning toward leaving Stannard for one more week, just because the Reds are playing inexperienced Dallan murphy at 10, which might give Stannard the edge. Anyone know anything about Murphy?

Just have a feeling that the Reds will be looking to exploit any weakness possible in the Force - And Stannard at 10 is one of them. So for every runner that is going to be powering at Murphy, there will be one looking to run at Stannard, in attack and defence.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This week's team:

Kepu, Taumalolo
du Plessis
Pyle, Retallick
Thomson, Hodgson, Pocock (c) (nervously left Coetzee on the bench)
Kerr-Barlow
Barrett, Ellison, Goosen
Jane, Taylor, Kingston

With 2 Highlanders and 3 Hurricanes, I'm nervous about two rounds time when both have a bye. I should be right with my bench players and a couple of transfers as long as other players don't get injured/dropped.

I have left Lambie on the bench in the hope that his injury is only for a week. Hopefully that is the case otherwise I have to do something with Lambie and Kingston next week as the Tahs have a bye.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I have left Lambie on the bench in the hope that his injury is only for a week. Hopefully that is the case otherwise I have to do something with Lambie and Kingston next week as the Tahs have a bye.
Kingston is a great option to sit on your bench long term - only 74k and if he keeps starting he'll make you some $$$ as well

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I agree. So far I've found Kingston and Foley to be good bench options precisely because they're cheap and they've started every game.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Its a tough one, Coetzee is in fine form but Thompson (who i have upgraded to captain) could run riot against the Rebels this weekend... Messam is always awesome, and the Po is the comp leader... Very tough decision

Not a bad decision!

Wish I had done similar. I went with JOC (James O'Connor), who was looking good after the 1st half. Don't think he touched the ball in the 2nd.

N

nevermachine

Damn, I was going to sub in Ben Smith this week. Glad I kept Thommo though.

Glad? GLAD! GLAD!!!!??? :mad: Take it from this poor sod that doesn't have Thompson...

One does not simply use the word "GLAD" when your player scores over 100 points :D Now please try be gladder than that....

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
High score of the round so far is 404 points, with just 6 players.......

WTF!
Why didn't I go Thomson as captain, damn.

214 points if you had Thommo as Capt, wish I did, totally agree with your sentiments DAMN IT!!!

...now if Pocock can do this against the Reds on the other hand...

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
214 points if you had Thommo as Capt, wish I did, totally agree with your sentiments DAMN IT!!!

...now if Pocock can do this against the Reds on the other hand...

Kept Thomson captain last weekend... Benched him this week...

Praying for Hodgson or Messam to go down in the warm up.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wishing I had swapped Coles in for Strauss........ Any Canes or Cheetahs player is going to score well by the look of the game!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Nic Henderson ended up getting me 31 pts which was a good effort, have x2 Cheetahs & x1 Canes player - hope it pays.

Tangawizi, I haven't even had Thommo in my team at all yet, clearly I need to 'get on the trolley'.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyone who has Coenie and Thommo this weekend should be pretty damn happy. I don't have Coenie, I went for his partner in crime, WP Nel. Kepu better score big!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Shit this has been a high-scoring round. I am sitting on 542, which is 200 points better than my previous weekly best. And yet I haven't moved up that far, and with scores to be added from overnight I will probably end up level or moving only slightly up.

Status
Not open for further replies.