• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I have a backrow dilemma here. What do you think are my best 3 for this week? I cant decide...

fantasy.png

I have currently benched coetzee which might be a rookie error!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I would probably put Coetzee on instead of Messam or Thomson. Was going to say Messam, but not 100% confident that Thomson will come out firing this week.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I would probably put Coetzee on instead of Messam or Thomson. Was going to say Messam, but not 100% confident that Thomson will come out firing this week.

I'm backing Thompson. After a week off and an avergae score against the Canes, I think he's due a big one.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)

Its a tough one, Coetzee is in fine form but Thompson (who i have upgraded to captain) could run riot against the Rebels this weekend... Messam is always awesome, and the Po is the comp leader... Very tough decision

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Deysel's back for the Sharks now too. Depending on the reshuffle when he comes off the bench Coetzee might not play out the full game.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'll one-up you: I kept Mogg over Kingston. Mogg scored -4!

You were not the only one Ash!

I'm backing Thompson. After a week off and an avergae score against the Canes, I think he's due a big one.
Its a tough one, Coetzee is in fine form but Thompson (who i have upgraded to captain) could run riot against the Rebels this weekend... Messam is always awesome, and the Po is the comp leader... Very tough decision
Yes very tough indeed. I have been looking at the Point per Game (PPG) in an attempt to make a decision -
Coetzee - 33.2
Messam - 31.0
Thomson - 28.2
Based purely on this you would go with Messam over Thomson, but as Bullrush said, Thomson is coming off a rest and didn't have the best game against the Canes, and he is playing against the Rebs, so is likely to have a big one. Coetzee has performed consistantly so he needs to be there. A toss of a coin might be the best to decide between the other two.

My big delema is between Sharpie or Pyle in the locks? Have Retallick as one of the starters, just need to work out who I am going to have starting and who to leave on the bench. Pyle has a better PPG but is he going to perform in Invercargill against the Rebs Clan? (Ooops) Sharie had some low games earlier on but scored pretty well last week - is he going to mantain it against the Reds or will he be negated by Van the Man?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Oh and just to show that I don't necessarily listen to my own advice.... my back row is Poey, Coetzee & Thomson, with Manu on the bench,

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Think im going to put Coetzee on the bench. As BG says above, having Deysel back might cut into his game time

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
You were not the only one Ash!

Yes very tough indeed. I have been looking at the Point per Game (PPG) in an attempt to make a decision -
Coetzee - 33.2
Messam - 31.0
Thomson - 28.2
Based purely on this you would go with Messam over Thomson, but as Bullrush said, Thomson is coming off a rest and didn't have the best game against the Canes, and he is playing against the Rebs, so is likely to have a big one. Coetzee has performed consistantly so he needs to be there. A toss of a coin might be the best to decide between the other two.

My big delema is between Sharpie or Pyle in the locks? Have Retallick as one of the starters, just need to work out who I am going to have starting and who to leave on the bench. Pyle has a better PPG but is he going to perform in Invercargill against the Rebs Clan? (Ooops) Sharie had some low games earlier on but scored pretty well last week - is he going to mantain it against the Reds or will he be negated by Van the Man?

I would go for Sharpie. As he is a go to guy in the line out, every take he gets is a point. Pyle doesn't take the ball in the lineout as often. Against the Reds, Sharpie is more of a chance to get the occasional lineout steal as well. He will truck the ball up all night too. This should provide a steady stream of points. Where Pyle scores most of his points is in tackles made.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Think im going to put Coetzee on the bench. As BG says above, having Deysel back might cut into his game time

Ahhhh geez.....just when I thought I was pretty sussed.

BTW - I took Ryhardt Elstadt at lock. He's playing at 7 for the Stormers this week so I should have 4 back-rowers. Hopefully he's not a penalty magnet!!

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
It might be worth tossing Maitland in this week. He scored 34 last week, Carter is starting and the Saders are looking slicker.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
It might be worth tossing Maitland in this week. He scored 34 last week, Carter is starting and the Saders are looking slicker.

Yeah - I considered this as well but I already have Dagg and I don't like having 2 players from the same team in the same position. I'm thinking of benching Hosea Gear for Joe Pieterson but I just like Gear's chances against the Rebels.......dunno....

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
just like the tahs, for the first time ever I can name an unchanged 22 this week!

I do have some selection issues though. Higgers or messam? JOC (James O'Connor) or Duck Duck? Luke Jones, or franco VDM? Straus or Leibenburg?

WWKD (what would Kafer do)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I had Stannard as well at half-back but since he's lost the kicking duties, I don't think he'll score as well going forward...

Status
Not open for further replies.