• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Fruean, Dagg (Capt), Bsttleship and now Gear and Lealiifano look to be covering O'Conner for me. If only I followed my head and took Pocock as well.....

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
352 points with a few players still left in the mix. Kinda disappointed I have Sharpe and Chamberlain on the bench. I'm up to 88th in the league though.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
This will be my best score so far. sitting on 393 with Duck Duck yet to be swapped in for JOC (James O'Connor). Wild card payed off

A

AlexH

I am absolutely filthy because I had JOC (James O'Connor) as captain and benched Gohan Goosen, who scored a try, but cannot be automatically substituted. I think you should be able to nominate a vice-captain so in the event that your captain does not run on there is someone to take his place and he can be substituted.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I had JOC (James O'Connor) as well. Does that mean Foley on my bench will be swapped into the frey automatically?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I had JOC (James O'Connor) as well. Does that mean Foley on my bench will be swapped into the frey automatically?

Yes....but if you had JOC (James O'Connor) as captain, there are no double points - you basically lose those for this round.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Bastard...

It could be worse. I had JOC (James O'Connor) in my team and Tyler Blyendaal in the bench so I got no points at all......the only thing that could have been worse is if I had made him Captain as well.

Silver linings and all that.....

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
It could be worse. I had JOC (James O'Connor) in my team and Tyler Blyendaal in the bench so I got no points at all......the only thing that could have been worse is if I had made him Captain as well.

Hmmm. I am sure there is a silver lining, it is just very tarnished. JOC (James O'Connor) being captain along with a couple of other stuffed choices (Thompson, Mogg, Stannard) has made mine a very lean round. Hving said that Lambie, Goosen, and Coetzee performed well, and Gear, Sharie and Daley back to the 20's, and Taps off the bench for JOC (James O'Connor), I surpose it could have been worse.

Just noticed that Taps points haven't been included in total yet, so I might break 300 yet. If some other points have not been finalised.....

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

Had JOC (James O'Connor) and Nic White + two chiefs on the bench = 0 points

Still got 432 this round. With two 0s and BdP the only player in the tight five over 15 points it could have been a lot worse.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sitting on 377, with Hobbs still to come in for J'OC, which will add a massive 9 points.

Dumbest decision of the weekend?

To play Mogg ahead of Kingston for the second freaking week in a row.

Mogg: -4 (yes, minus)
Kingston: 36

That is a freaking 40 point turnaround. Disgusting.

edit: Fruean, as captain got me 104 points, Pocock was 61 points, and Battleship was 66, giving 231 points from just 3 players. Amazing(ly bad) that I could only get a while 144 from the remaining 12.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Oh, and selecting Kepu was another error, but I can probably be forgiven for that one (even though it was obvious he'd be subbed early once Robinson was captain).

Kepu score 5 points in 49 minutes of rugby, whilst Crockett on my bench scored 17 points in 30 minutes of rugby.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hard to say. I hope so because I benched Pretorius and played White instead. If Pretorius counts I get 10 extra points!

That said, it might somehow already have taken that into account.

It's hard to work out though because it doesn't add up. It says my round 5 points are 507, but if I add up my scores for the round I only get 494.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Two Fox reps in the G&GR top 5! Not sure if that means the G&GR crew are in a form slump or they've picked up their form from last year.

If only I had left Kurtley in the team with Mogg on the bench. I'd be 4 points better off. I had big hopes for him after the first few rounds but now he's for the chopping block. Look for him to score 50+ next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.