• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Morne had some cracking highlights from the Cheetahs game, but I don't know if the Tahs will be so...permissive? in defence.

Crusaders have a bye this week, which is why I didn't carry SBW for the last week. Lucky thing, too. The sad thing for me is that I left Fruean on the bench, and he scored a pretty good 33.

I was betting on the 'Canes to score well this week, as they take on the much improved Lions. I have my doubts that the Lions can string good games together back to back, though.

With the Crusaders being rested and a lot of first pick players injured or out of form, it's getting harder to choose the backs...

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
About 250 points behind the leader so I might as well make some different picks

Strauss, McKintosh
Moore
Franco, Chisolm
Messam, Vito, Thomson
Pretorius
Quade, Beale, Giteau
Lambie, JP Pietersen, Poki

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Have issues picking him to fire vs tahs, next week maybe.
Fortunately I'm a Sharks fan now so it's not such an issue.

Edit:
Benn, Strauss, [JCJvR]
BdP, [Chillyboy]
Horwill, FvdM, [Timani]
Vito, Higgers, Thomson, [Whiteley]
Genia, [White]
Beale, Olivier, Steyn, [Sias Ebersohn]
Lambie, Poki, Pietersen (C), [Sadie]

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Alexander, Strauss
du Plessis
Sharpe, Pyle
Messam, Lam, Thomson
Pretorius
Quade, Beale, Giteau
Lambie, Pietersen, Ranger

Actually having a serious think about whether I want to play Thomson, it's been a fair while since he's scored well and he's coming back from injury...

Reactions: Ash

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Watch out guys, both Bekker and Mealamu are on the bench this week. I nearly missed noticing on Bekker.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
Mackintosh, Van Rensburg (Crockett)
BdP (Chilliboy)
Sharpe, Van der Merwe (Alister Campbell)
Vito, Higginbotham, Lam (Manu)
Genia (Phipps)
Beale, Giteau, Cooper (c) (La Grange)
Poki, MacCabe, Lambie (Harris)

Debating between Giteau and La Grange. Thoughts?

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
Debating between Giteau and La Grange. Thoughts?

Tricky one there.

I'd go La Grange probably. It's hard to see the Brumbies firing against the Reds (DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!).

And Thank you Hawko, didn't see Bekker was on the bench. Hugh Pyle subbed in.

And my Team for this week....

Alexander, JC JvR (Oosthuizen)
Bis duP (Ged)
F vdM, Pyle (Bekker)
Higgers, Burger, J. Strauss (Todd)
Sarel (Phipps)
Ioane (C), Cooper, Beale (R. Ebersohn)
Poki, Cam Sheps, David Smith (Fruean)

A lot of people seem to be jumping on the JP bandwagon this week. Looks like he is hitting some form.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Had to do changes quickly as I am short of time. Just through stuff together, really.

JC JvR, Strauss, (Big Mac)
Moore, (Ged Robinson)
Franco vdM, Sykes, (Al Campbell)
Vito (c), Thomson, Messam, (Lam)
Pretorius, (Phipps)
Beale, Gits, Cruden, (Piutau)
Lambie, Jane, Poki, (Fruean)

Keeping Gits is making me cry a little, on the inside.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Damn...
Cam Sheps a late withdrawal for the force, only just brought him in this week.

I'm pissed too, if I remember right its not the first time he's been a late withdrawal. All I've got on the bench is Munro. Not happy Cam!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
They've screwed up Andries Bekkers stats as they have him at 0 with no minutes played (or just havent put them in yet) he did at least two try assists, went on a couple of runs and made a few tackles in the short amount of times he was out there in jersey 18.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
They've screwed up Andries Bekkers stats as they have him at 0 with no minutes played (or just havent put them in yet) he did at least two try assists, went on a couple of runs and made a few tackles in the short amount of times he was out there in jersey 18.

subs scores will be added later. it'll be there.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Quade better have a blinder tonight. KB (Kurtley Beale) has picked up 72 points but I have gone Quade as my captain.

nearly did KB (Kurtley Beale) captain too. but i figured the bulls at home would stifle what attack the tahs have. seems i was correct with KB (Kurtley Beale) being the only exception. besides TPN not many of the other tahs have good scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.