• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Wallaby of the Year: OZ vs Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GC

3. Alexander - brilliant tighthead work. Excellent around the park
2. Gits - Back to his old self when at no 12. Excellent kicking for the most
1. Diggers - Awesome defense, chasing the ball through and work at the breakdown. Knows what to do in the ruck.

Probably deserving of points too: Pocock (would have easily been best on field if he had of played the full match), Smith, Fat Cat, Sanchez, Horwill

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
3. Giteau
2. Robinson
1. Pocock

Everyone had good games and it was good to see Robbie put JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale on the wings when they came on; here they are less likely to fuck up, but can still implement their x-factor into the game.

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
3. Pocock. He is just becoming a freak, will be interesting to see how he goes against tougher opposition
2. Giteau. Finally, an over due good game.
1. Palu. Some real go foward aroung the park.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
3 Pocock
2. George Smith
1. Matt Giteau (did his best work from 2nd receiver)

Special mention: Robinson, Alexander, Genia & Ioane.

Could add more to the specials list but those 4 were a toss up with Gits for 1 point.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
barbarian said:

:eek: For staring at the ball in the ruck or passing into turf ?

3. Alexander. Got through a mountain of work. Love that the front row seem to be trying to outdo each other.
2. Pocock. Dynamic & does everything with impact - everything Elsom is not.
1. Giteau. Potent in attack.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
this has to be the hardest choice yet, i cant personally narrow it down to just 3.
1. Openside Pocock/smith
2. Both big Bens
3. Gits

Is it just me or is anyone dissappointed in Elsom's performance as a wallaby. Dont get me wrogn he's definitely solid but i guess with his hype from his time in Ireland, and now being the captain i had higher expectations. I thought he'd be a constant stand out performer.

S

Spook

Scotty said:
Spook said:
Scotty said:
3. Alexander (was everywhere in the loose and tight, and played an important part in two tries plus

Glad you noticed him. Thought he was outstanding as well.

I'm shocked you didn't give him any points.

Thought Gits, Smith and Pocock had more of an impact on the game. Tough call though. The Ben to Benn try was my favourite of the year.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Seb V said:
Is it just me or is anyone dissappointed in Elsom's performance as a wallaby. Dont get me wrogn he's definitely solid but i guess with his hype from his time in Ireland, and now being the captain i had higher expectations. I thought he'd be a constant stand out performer.

Folks on here still award him points and talk him up. So I suspect they are in denial. Quite common on here. Be prepared for the 'he's carrying an injury' chestnut.

Elsom has been utter toilet. He makes no impact at all and is a weakling in defence. That 12 stone Welsh winger deadset dragged Elsom with him for 10 metres before offloading to Roberts for Wales' best try scoring chance.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Any match Barnes controls always looks good, I'll say that for him. But I felt last night he favoured the home side a bit. It's annoying to see a ref unduly interfere in the administration of the minutiae of the Laws and Wayne certainly had his micrometer screw gauge out. The pitch had contrasting mown sections across it (what a good idea!) allowing all and sundry to see numerous lines at offside and forward pass. Neither Hynes' nor Palu's penalties early in the game were valid as the mowed lines showed them to be inline with the kicker/last Aussie ball toucher. The Welsh pass to the right wing called back for being forward was also in error as was Elsom's pass to Hynes on our right which was adjudged to be knocked on. But the worst decision was Mumm for being offside when Hynes quite clearly put the whole Wallaby team onside by running from behind the kicker. Don't these TJs/ARs talk to each other? There were at least two occasions when the Welsh chaser was in front of the kicker and not penalised. But the one which pissed me off the most was the knock-on late in the match when Barnes was riding shotgun and watched the Welsh half-back bunt the ball back into the Welsh ruck only for Wayne to yell out "ball knocked backwards". Off to the optometrist, son.

He certainly had an issue judging the offside line. I had rewind a couple to check, because watching live I thought to myself 'no way that is offside'. The two worst you have mentioned. Barnes was almost in line with Giteau when he kicked for Hynes' wing, and should not have ruled as he did. He was also right next to Mumm when Hynes had run through to put him onside. Mumm might have taken half a step towards the Welsh earlier, but if all refs picked up on those things, then we'd have penalites every minute.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gees guys. Stop this fence sitting. No more tips for "Open side" or "both Benns".

It does make it a tad difficult to assign points.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
3. Smith - massive impact for half a match, saved two tries with crucial turnovers
2. Pocock - awesome performance, possibly outscored by Smith as everyone else on field was tired
1. Giteau - for a 10 he certainly stands out of position a bit, perhaps if he plays 12 he could score higher

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Gees guys. Stop this fence sitting. No more tips for "Open side" or "both Benns".

It does make it a tad difficult to assign points.

Yeah come on fellas just pick your 3-2-1, there is no half points or points sharing. Toss a coin if it's that hard.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
3 Robinson
2 Pocock (would have gotten three if he'd stayed on)
1 Alexander

Backs are poofs and don't deserve any points when the forwards are so utterly dominant. The best of them was actually Digby - Giteau basically did the same shit he did all year but came up against a Welsh backline with about as much starch and appeal as my sweaty sack after three days and 2100km across western NSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.