• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Onto brighter things I went to coogee oval on saturday and watch first grade colts play and what a polished performance against a strong and big manly side I witnessed. Hanigan and Jack Johnson have really benefitted from there time in grade and played really well. Aside from these two the other three standouts in my opinion were the no 8 Declan O'Donaghue, Hanigan second row partner Ed Kennedy and the outside centre Seamus Frost. The future is looking bright and the side looked to be well coached

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Jayson Brewer with Gaffney assisting is firming from what Ive heard. Be interesting to see if Brent Kelly who has done a really good job with colts stay at the club, can any1 report on this?

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
When Kelly goes, will the attraction for former Scots boys remain, and will those already at the Wicks stay?
Thats a good question, that should be a big priority of the incumbent and Nick Ryan. From all reports they are all really enjoying it down there so there isnt any reason from them to leave.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I concur with 100rugby and I suggest we return this forum to what it was prior to the out of line post. A blanket rule to ignore any post by PSTOE that are on the subject previously disscussed should have him lose interest pretty fast. agreed?

I agree.
Whilst I agree completely with free speech and am against wholesale censorship the best way to treat bigotry is to ignore it. Without an audience they soon move on.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Onto brighter things I went to coogee oval on saturday and watch first grade colts play and what a polished performance against a strong and big manly side I witnessed. Hanigan and Jack Johnson have really benefitted from there time in grade and played really well. Aside from these two the other three standouts in my opinion were the no 8 Declan O'Donaghue, Hanigan second row partner Ed Kennedy and the outside centre Seamus Frost. The future is looking bright and the side looked to be well coached

The club certainly has some good number 7s.
TC's young brother Sam looks very impressive also and only Johnson's great form is keeping him in Colts 2s IMO.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
The club certainly has some good number 7s.
TC's young brother Sam looks very impressive also and only Johnson's great form is keeping him in Colts 2s IMO.

Does anyone know if any of our players have been selected for the NRC? I see that most squads have been picked.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
When Kelly goes, will the attraction for former Scots boys remain, and will those already at the Wicks stay?
I think so. Those boys are as thick as thieves down there at Coogee. A good core group of men coming through, that I think will attract their younger peers from their alma maters too.
Sometimes it is not just the coach. Blakey left Manly. I dont think a single soul has walked from there

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think so. Those boys are as thick as thieves down there at Coogee. A good core group of men coming through, that I think will attract their younger peers from their alma maters too.
Sometimes it is not just the coach. Blakey left Manly. I dont think a single soul has walked from there

You'd like to to think that Wade's relationship with Randwick will remain and the pathway to Coogee oval will continue from Scots.

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
I didnt realise that was TC brother I was going to say he was outstanding in 2s also

Without stating, that's my point about the club at the moment. The depth of player talent is there and coming through. There are 3 first grade calibre halfbacks, five eighths, back rowers galore and great depth at hooker.

For mine, once they can get some big bodied boys along into the tight five to give the up and comers a chance to play alongside them and mature then the club will really step forward.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Ok so ventured down to coogee oval today and got there with 20 minutes to play in twos. Randwick were down by about 20 but came home like a wet sail only to go down by 4. without seeing the first 60 it was hard to see how they could be down by so much so dominant were they. A dissapointing loss no doubt for the coaching staff.

Onto the main game.... In summary it ran a little like this, Randwick were horrible for the first 55 minutes of play. Riddled with poor handling and completely lacking any cohesion whats so ever. At this stage the wicks were down 19-6.

Around about the 56th minute mark something clicked, Horwitz started to take on the line a bit more, some classy touches and open field running from Kellaway and the afore mentioned Horwitz, a little more aggression at the breakdown from the wicks, some good forward interplay between harris and Toa and suddenly in 15 minutes we are in for 4 tries and playing some really good footy.

With 9 minutes to go and brought on by another handling error we let them back into the game and the good ball running 7 from Gordon goes in and then they score in the corner on the bell only to miss the kick for the draw.

Without being to critical, there were some fairly ordinary performances and Id like to see another 9 for the last two must win matches.

Positives:

I thought in the backs Will holes rees at 12 got over the advantage line well and looked dangerous for the duration. In the forwards Harris was pulling off some really good hits all game, Toa went all day and the scrum was probably the most pleasing aspect of the game for the wicks.

Horwitz and kellaway were really good in that 15 minute flurry but also guilty of some errors in the first 55.

They will have to replicate that 15 minutes for the full 80 minutes next week to be any chance of beating the rats

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
fourth grade made hard work of winning but got up well in the end .
Thirds also had a good win and having players in their proper positions had dividends. Anderson in the centres ran straight, Kaspereck tackled fiercly and Weber ran well.
Seconds was an extraordinary game. Gordon shredded the line on their left side scoring seemingly at will. At one stage 6 tries to three up. Wicks came back and looked like they were going to take it. Gordon however rallied and managed to win by four.
Firsts needed introductions in the back line and should be better for the run next week.
The two walking down the line for the throw in before a penalty is taken will find a ref that will ping him and it was on the refs mind today. It is not League.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Ok so ventured down to coogee oval today and got there with 20 minutes to play in twos. Randwick were down by about 20 but came home like a wet sail only to go down by 4. without seeing the first 60 it was hard to see how they could be down by so much so dominant were they. A dissapointing loss no doubt for the coaching staff.

Onto the main game.. In summary it ran a little like this, Randwick were horrible for the first 55 minutes of play. Riddled with poor handling and completely lacking any cohesion whats so ever. At this stage the wicks were down 19-6.

Around about the 56th minute mark something clicked, Horwitz started to take on the line a bit more, some classy touches and open field running from Kellaway and the afore mentioned Horwitz, a little more aggression at the breakdown from the wicks, some good forward interplay between harris and Toa and suddenly in 15 minutes we are in for 4 tries and playing some really good footy.

With 9 minutes to go and brought on by another handling error we let them back into the game and the good ball running 7 from Gordon goes in and then they score in the corner on the bell only to miss the kick for the draw.

Without being to critical, there were some fairly ordinary performances and Id like to see another 9 for the last two must win matches.

Positives:

I thought in the backs Will holes rees at 12 got over the advantage line well and looked dangerous for the duration. In the forwards Harris was pulling off some really good hits all game, Toa went all day and the scrum was probably the most pleasing aspect of the game for the wicks.

Horwitz and kellaway were really good in that 15 minute flurry but also guilty of some errors in the first 55.

They will have to replicate that 15 minutes for the full 80 minutes next week to be any chance of beating the rats

Pete, IMO the bold line (above) was the game changer.
Horwitz needs to take on the line and once he does the other players need to support him as he can create scoring opportunities.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Without stating, that's my point about the club at the moment. The depth of player talent is there and coming through. There are 3 first grade calibre halfbacks, five eighths, back rowers galore and great depth at hooker.

For mine, once they can get some big bodied boys along into the tight five to give the up and comers a chance to play alongside them and mature then the club will really step forward.

George, as I've said before -- we have the players, what's lacking is teamwork and self belief. Not easy to achieve these qualities with the injury toll and the resulting fact that we still haven't had the same backline for 2 games all year.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Pete, IMO the bold line (above) was the game changer.
Horwitz needs to take on the line and once he does the other players need to support him as he can create scoring opportunities.
Yeah he looked far better didnt he, nice right foot step too. May be to late for this year but Id like to see him play 12 outside Deegan and wait for it ......... Dany Kroll at half next year.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah he looked far better didnt he, nice right foot step too. May be to late for this year but Id like to see him play 12 outside Deegan and wait for it ... Dany Kroll at half next year.

Really?
Is he coming back?
Has he been playing half somewhere?
Where?

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
He was down there on sat, has been playing in Spain. Always rated him. Think he would be a good half, he has played a couple of times there in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.