• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just when I hear Harris is injured, he pops up on game day and scores a try- maybe I should out the rest of the team for this week.
A very poor start before Firsts got into gear. Underdog has its upside for next week.A Pass mark for making the finals.
Seconds not allowed to play as they would have liked, as Norths put up their best game of the season from all reports and closed most of Wicks plays. Hard hits both ways all day and the yellow to Wicks was probably due the ref being un sighted as there was a (very)small amount of arm in the tackle. No difference to the score as Norths were very determined..
For Wicks, A good start to the season but got left behind towards the end as the run of injuries hit hard.
Thirds did well as they let loose with the winkywinger. Could he slow down on the jinking as he is very difficult to capture on film.
Forwards held up and showed character and we wish them success on sunday.
Fourths bandaged and made up of retirees and players coming back from injury tried hard but just could not get over their opponents, losing on the bell from a penalty. They had their opportunities which were out wide but kept turning in on themselves which played into the Norths defence.Norths ran hard and straight which was enough on the wet start to the day.
Player to watch next year - The American 3/4- has style.
I hope they all return.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
I couldn't be form,or it would have happened in April.

Harry injured his shoulder I hear.
The NSW Country Eagles team is announced and on their web site.
Given this is supposed to be a JV with Randwick, the Randwick representation is appalling.
This is no JV.
Apart from NSW contracted players (Hoiles Carraro Kellaway & Horwitz), there are only 2 SS players from the Wicks (Ethan Ford & Kuki). Good on them both - that is well deserved.
You could be forgiven for thinking that this was a JV with Norths as they have done well - there are 3 or 4 non Super 15 players from Norths in the squad. Can someone remind me where they finished on the SS ladder.
The Randwick involvement is farcical & I think we can feel sorry for the Randwick players.
Randwick should withdraw and stop the pretense IMO.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Given this is supposed to be a JV with Randwick, the Randwick representation is appalling.
This is no JV.
Apart from NSW contracted players (Hoiles Carraro Kellaway & Horwitz), there are only 2 SS players from the Wicks (Ethan Ford & Kuki). Good on them both - that is well deserved.
You could be forgiven for thinking that this was a JV with Norths as they have done well - there are 3 or 4 non Super 15 players from Norths in the squad. Can someone remind me where they finished on the SS ladder.
The Randwick involvement is farcical & I think we can feel sorry for the Randwick players.

I would have thought TC (who is from Kiama after all) and Will Munro would have been in the squad and maybe also Deegan and Hanigan but maybe too young.
Who else would you have included?

BTW I had major problems with the website -- hope that's not a bad omen.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
This is no JV.

Although an Easts and not a Randwick supporter, I agree with everything you say. How the hell do these non-super 15 Norths players get in.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
I would have thought TC (who is from Kiama after all) and Will Munro would have been in the squad and maybe also Deegan and Hanigan but maybe too young.
Who else would you have included?

BTW I had major problems with the website -- hope that's not a bad omen.

In addition to the players nominated Toa, maybe Jesse Harris & Will Rees-Hole although he is a Welsh visitor
TC is a terrible omission as he has been a standout this year
Don't see what benefit is in this association for Randwick.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
This is no JV.
Isn't Kuki Maafi a capped Tongan player? If so there is really any benefit including him when there would probably be a comparable Australian eligible player?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Isn't Kuki Maafi a capped Tongan player? If so there is really any benefit including him when there would probably be a comparable Australian eligible player?

I think he's only played for Tonga A and I believe that means he's still eligible for Australia.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
In addition to the players nominated Toa, maybe Jesse Harris & Will Rees-Hole although he is a Welsh visitor
TC is a terrible omission as he has been a standout this year
Don't see what benefit is in this association for Randwick.

Come to think of it, Tristan Goodbody's had a pretty good year as well.
I agree completely about TC, but I suspect he's suffering from not being considered big enough.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think you will find that there are a few more in the 'wider' train on squad that have not yet been mentioned in dispatches.
If TC is not considered big enough, the selection panel should get better magnified glasses.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well that's it for First grade this season. The score did not reflect the hardness of the game and though outgunned in weight, experience, penalties and possession, THE WICKS never dropped off their attitude of having a go.
They can be very proud of their efforts.

A young side which lacked some technical savvy and took some poor options in their quest to find a way round their opponents will come back next year full of promise and much wiser.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Well that's it for First grade this season. The score did not reflect the hardness of the game and though outgunned in weight, experience, penalties and possession, THE WICKS never dropped off their attitude of having a go.
They can be very proud of their efforts.

A young side which lacked some technical savvy and took some poor options in their quest to find a way round their opponents will come back next year full of promise and much wiser.

They desperately need some size in their tight five to become competitive.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
I d
Change the game plan first, does not suite the big men
Sorry I don't understand your reply.
You can come up with whatever game plan you like BUT if the opposition want to grind you down through pick n drive, scrums, mauls and advantage line running you need some grunt or you're going to get smacked off the park, particularly when you can't comfortably win your own scrum ball or line outs with confidence. You need to go forward before going wide.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I d
Sorry I don't understand your reply.
You can come up with whatever game plan you like BUT if the opposition want to grind you down through pick n drive, scrums, mauls and advantage line running you need some grunt or you're going to get smacked off the park, particularly when you can't comfortably win your own scrum ball or line outs with confidence. You need to go forward before going wide.
Sort of,
Manly thirds carved the woods up at the start with their backs
Woods in tight, and the set piece were on top of us.
For some strange reason I thought Manly played to the Woods strengths, and the call to modify game plan didn't run out with a water bottle.

But I also agree with you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.