• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
How much time has Nick Ryan got left with the club?

He strikes me as an ambitious fellow.
A polarising character! Have heard great things from some and heard him called every name under the sun by others. dont know or havent played under him personally so cant confirm eithier. Most sources I would deem credible as well.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
So Kelly's last hurrah was to rest his 'injured' GPS babe's Horwitz, Deegan and Kellaway. Though they were not injured. Because he knew Randwick had no chance he didn't want to risk an injury to them. I know how the other players felt about this -livid ! What does this tell you about this club and how it favours players. Good riddance to Kelly and hopefully we can have a fair and equitable selection process next year based on performance and not school.
I think that this, as an outsider, is a reason why people don't like Randwick. Tacky within an inch of its being. Basing the school on which the lad comes from?
Take it in house please Mr N.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
I don't disagree Kellaway is a class player and Deegan is developing. Horewitz has been good in one game all season and is generally regarded as a shirker who doesnt get involved particularly in defence. can't understand all the hype about him and have to put his waratah contract down to other factors. His value add is he trains well but on the paddock very average. There are several better young 10s , Ayoub and the guy from SDS to name 2. There are also better players internally for 10.

One of this however is relevant to resting these players and sends a clear message to the rest. As you know the player exodus is revving up.. @ dave beat -yes this is true.
HORWITZ*

BIgz20

Stan Wickham (3)
Ive heard from the grape vine that Owen Finegan is returning to Sydney from Canberra next year and has been tossed up.

Gilly has the newington connection not sure how that would wash with PSTOEY when Mark Bannon (who I think is a first grade quality player), Brogan Roods and Mark Baldwin get picked;):p

Jason Brewer has put in the hard yards, good organiser, sound knowledge and wouldnt be a bad choice. Unfortunately Morro a great bloke but not up to it and not a strong enough character.

To me there has to be a bloke at the top who is the undisputed head coach and has the final say. There are alot of staff at clubs these days. Often this is a bloke who is not particulary a people person (louden, kelly, Chieka)

To me Owen fits this bill, not sure whether Jason does.

Finegan - has close ties with the brums and with fisher heading he may look to fill the set piece coach role. Morrison has been tried and from what i hear he walked early into his contract.

From what i have heard from staff and players is Jason is a very good technical coach, he has a good relationship with the players is a solid leader and has developed alot of the current top squad group. The club should let him build a program and develop what Wade has put in place.

With Ryan looking over the coaches shoulder- who ever gets the nod - should be able to concentrate soley on 1st grade.

looking forward to seeing what squad takes the field on saturday.

pstoe

Frank Nicholson (4)
Horwitz hasnt played alot of footy for Randwick this year with the 20's etc. There have been a few used in his absence and I would say confidentally none have made the position their own. Who internally is clearly better? I dont think he is a Wallaby in waiting but he was solid last year 1 year out of school.

humour me Stoey what are "the other factors" that would have Michael Chieka sign him??

In regards to the relevance my post was in response to your comments re " Good riddance to Kelly and hopefully we can have a fair and equitable selection process next year based on performance and not school."
I dont know anything about the players rested so havent commented

Re Horewitz and 'other factors'. How about he's been on the books of a PR company since he was at Scots, who are pushing the line of 'the first Jewish Super Rugby Player'. Talk about not mixing religion and politics with sport , fair dink um it's been in every media release he's been involved in! The Tahs PR people I'm sure are rubbing their hands at scoop and for a 40k junior contract, we'll worth the investment. When the ARU is broke, I'm sure any support from a very rich community would be gladly received. In sum, he has an element of talent but there are players with more raw potential who would never get the same opportunity or coaching. He is a clear case of who you know...

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Re Horewitz and 'other factors'. How about he's been on the books of a PR company since he was at Scots, who are pushing the line of 'the first Jewish Super Rugby Player'. Talk about not mixing religion and politics with sport , fair dink um it's been in every media release he's been involved in! The Tahs PR people I'm sure are rubbing their hands at scoop and for a 40k junior contract, we'll worth the investment. When the ARU is broke, I'm sure any support from a very rich community would be gladly received. In sum, he has an element of talent but there are players with more raw potential who would never get the same opportunity or coaching. He is a clear case of who you know.

Life always is about the people that know you. You don't go forward by being a hermit.
You get to know good people who can take you forward by doing good things. Playing good rugby for example. Horwitz will succeed (or fail) by being good at Rugby. If he identifies with a market & makes a quid good luck to him. We all have to find a niche. I see that Randwick historically have embraced all comers and should always do so.
Lets get out of the gutter.

15tc

Bob McCowan (2)
Re Horewitz and 'other factors'. How about he's been on the books of a PR company since he was at Scots, who are pushing the line of 'the first Jewish Super Rugby Player'. Talk about not mixing religion and politics with sport , fair dink um it's been in every media release he's been involved in! The Tahs PR people I'm sure are rubbing their hands at scoop and for a 40k junior contract, we'll worth the investment. When the ARU is broke, I'm sure any support from a very rich community would be gladly received. In sum, he has an element of talent but there are players with more raw potential who would never get the same opportunity or coaching. He is a clear case of who you know.
Where are the moderators for this guy? He should be banned from this thread. His comments are offensive and clearly show he has an agenda. I wonder who are the potential alternative No.10s in the club?

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I find these remarks highly offensive.

PSTOE your history of posts read like this:

First 10: involved talking up a 'PLAYER A' (I wont name him because he is a good kid). Funnily enough its a kid who has been given heaps of opportunity and had it not been for a chronic injury would be a regular first grader.

NEXT 10: Involved bagging either his direct competition for spots in teams or the coach. You have now gone as far as posting antisemitic comments.

'Player A' biggest hurdle in achieving and improving as a player are influences such as yourself. You obviously have an association and you are doing the kid no favors. Im praying your a kid yourself as no self respecting adult would be carrying on like you are.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Those who criticise Horwitz should remember this kid (he's only 19) came straight from school to 1st grade. He's never played Colts or even a lower grade game as far as I know. Sure he's got a long way to go and he's clearly not a S15 player at this stage, but every time I see him play I notice the little touches that stand him out from other players. Give him time and cut him some slack.

I assume this is the article pstoe is referring to -- seems pretty innocent to me:
http://www.jewishnews.net.au/future-wallaby-stakes-claim/22156

100rugby

Frank Row (1)

100rugby

Frank Row (1)
As rugby enthusiast who is a senior figure in Australian Rugby, may I suggest that the person who goes by name PSTOE should be removed from this web site. He clearly has personal issues coupled with anti Semitic views which are not tolerated in form of Australian society.
Your history of remarks clearly suggests you are suffering acute jealousy or personal pain. He or she is not a person who should be tolerated at a club which has a history of acceptance of players of any creed or colour. The Ella brothers would be horrified if they were to read these posts.

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
Those who criticise Horwitz should remember this kid (he's only 19) came straight from school to 1st grade. He's never played Colts or even a lower grade game as far as I know. Sure he's got a long way to go and he's clearly not a S15 player at this stage, but every time I see him play I notice the little touches that stand him out from other players. Give him time and cut him some slack.

I assume this is the article pstoe is referring to -- seems pretty innocent to me:
http://www.jewishnews.net.au/future-wallaby-stakes-claim/22156

Well said coach. From my humble position I think Horwitz has that touch of class. It's a freak of a player at 18 or 19 who succeeds at a 1st grade or SXV level - at test level ala Fairfax they are once in several generations. Perhaps, Horwitz is not there but no one can doubt his ability.

The club is blessed with Horwitz, Nicholson and Norton as quality 10's. They've all shown themselves to be quality first graders and deserving of spots in that team. Not one of them have let the club down when selected in first grade.

Perhaps looking for positives, it's great that debate rages on this forum around the quality of 10's and in general the depth of player talent. It augurs well for Randwick.

Hopefully we all move on from those comments and support the club in their endeavours to be a force in the finals.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
As rugby enthusiast who is a senior figure in Australian Rugby, may I suggest that the person who goes by name PSTOE should be removed from this web site. He clearly has personal issues coupled with anti Semitic views which are not tolerated in form of Australian society.
Your history of remarks clearly suggests you are suffering acute jealousy or personal pain. He or she is not a person who should be tolerated at a club which has a history of acceptance of players of any creed or colour. The Ella brothers would be horrified if they were to read these posts.

Possibly, and tend to agree. But,

We all have the option to hit the report button and state the reason to have it removed. Through experience the mods are all over it.

A forum allows us to all pass our views, some may go to far and / or be inappropriate.

If there were no contentious posts it would be boring.

Muppet two passes pushed the boundaries, and two the blokes cred is still joining in which is what the forum is all about, and it's good to see turnovertwopasses is joining in the fun now

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gents,
If a post offends, just hit the "report" text on the bottom of the post.

Warnings can be issued, posts deleted, and bans issued.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I concur with 100rugby and I suggest we return this forum to what it was prior to the out of line post. A blanket rule to ignore any post by PSTOE that are on the subject previously disscussed should have him lose interest pretty fast. agreed?

Status
Not open for further replies.