• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Gits signs with Toulon

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

...because he can't hear us?

Gee, that's comedy gold.

Naza and HB are entitled to their opinions.

Fully agree they have that right, if you consider "good riddance" to be an opinion. So how about HB and naza flesh out their "opinion" by stating that they never once cheered Gits at any time in his career, especially in a Wallabies jumper? If not, then I stand corrected. If they did, then I stand by my comments.

Personally, I think it poor form to slag off a guy who put in a guts effort for many years, even if you did not like him.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Good player in his time but has been on a low for a few years now, good luck to him...

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Gits has been put in this position of some hatred by a couple of coaches who should have dropped him on his arse long ago. Game after game Robbie let Gits run across field and kill the Wallaby backline. We've got terrific options all through the backs and Giteau has suffered more screaming at my TV than Allain Rolland.

For me, this is good news, but I worry that he'll be picked through the international season and RWC.

And on criticism: the guy is paid enough to endure it.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
In his defence, I think he played through a pretty crappy era of Australian rugby (especially in the forwards), which eventually took its toll.

Change of scene is definitely what's needed, although I think it would have been better 2 years ago

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I hope he has a great season for the Brumbies & gives Deans one big selection headache.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I wish him well. I think he's a very good player, who, as Scarfy said, has been mis-managed by several coaches either playing him out of position or being reluctant / unable to correct his problems. I suspect he'll carve it up over there, and I hope he does.
I don't resile from my position that he is not the first pick at 10 or 12 for the Wallabies justifiably at the moment. He could be the 12 though, if he has a strong provincial season.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
This is just immature and petty. Yes, you too naza.

Did Gits steal your lolly bag when you were younger or something?

Gits may not have been at his best over the last few seasons, but he has given Australian rugby in general, and the Wallabies in particular, very good service over many years. Why can't you just say thanks, farewell and good luck for the future?

Um, wrong. I have always called it as I see it. Always. Those who wantonly misinterpret this as malice or ill intent on my part as fucking pathetic softcocks who need a lifetime supply of uppercuts.

I have to seriously consider whether I bother with this forum given the recent consensus on Giteau. The formerly high calibre of poster & rugby opionion on here has plummeted drastically in the past 6-12 months with the influx of clueless newbies and lightweights. And then you get Barbarian's comment that Giteau 'suffered in silence'. Fuck me dead, suffered in silence ? Has there been anyone in the history of Australian rugby who has been more of a whinger ? Nobody underminded his coaches more. Nobody bitched to the media more. Nobody quitted more on the field.

2 key problems with Matt Giteau -

1/ He has almost 90 caps but has never consolidated his spot in the side. He is the Mark Chisholm of backs. He has always been a self entitled pretender. FACT - The team performs better without him in the side. Who disputes this ?
2/ The guy is the biggest wanker to ever be a regular Wallaby. Seriously, name a bigger dickhead EVER, in the entire history of the Wallabies. You cannot. What more needs to be said ?

In what alternative universe is this **** going overseas a loss ?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He's an excellent player. His style needs a good pack, which we don't have. Look how well he goes during those Barbarian games.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Oh, Giteau does nothing better than shine in meaningless games against 3rd tier competition. That is what makes Giteau Giteau.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
2/ The guy is the biggest wanker to ever be a regular Wallaby. Seriously, name a bigger dickhead EVER, in the entire history of the Wallabies. You cannot. What more needs to be said ?

I'm pretty sure every Waratah player to have ever represented the Wallabies would be a bigger dickhead.

Anyways...

He's had a couple of pretty average years... we all acknowledge that... but before that he was by far the best inside centre in the country... and he put in some great performances for the Brumbies and Wallabies... and actually played pretty good at flyhalf for the Force...

The vast majority of those test caps are quite justified and you would have to have your head buried in the sand to think otherwise...

So let's not rewrite history...

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
I'd like to know just how well you know Giteau 'Naza'.

Did you grow up in Queanbeyan? Did you specifically live in Jerrabomberra? Did you go to St Edmunds College? Are you a former Brumbies/Easts/Queanbeyan Whites/Canberra Vikings/Barbarians/Wallaby team mate?

Or do you know what the Daily Telegraph, SMH etc tell you?

Point is, personal attacks on a player, unless you happen to know them personally are baseless. Comments on what you actually see in the 80 minutes on the paddock are fine. Everything else is pure speculation for 99.99% of the population.

One might be able to criticise Giteau's performances over the past few years, he definitely hasn't got my heart racing since arriving back in the ACT, however the personal attacks and jibes against him come across as childish and pretty sad on face value.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
naza, if G&GR isn't providing the critical insights into rugby that you yearn for, can I suggest the Colo? Those blokes really know what they're talking about, whether it's buggery or mutual masturbation, or who's the biggest poofter. Oh, wait a minute, you have 100,000 posts over there, you must know it well.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wouldn't go that far. I still think he's in our best 22.

Exactly... based on recent form Giteau is a bench player for the Wobs... or at worst a squad member...

Let's see if he can regather some of that magic form before he leaves... it would be nice to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.