• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Gits signs with Toulon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
He's certainly not the worst Wallaby I've seen by any stretch of the imagination. However he would be one of the most overrated & overpaid. Lacked a bit of ticker for mine.

Am glad his move will free up the ARU budget somewhat.

C

CanadianRugby

I think this is a good move for Gits and the ARU. Gits hasn´t been in form for a few years and a move to France may give him a chance to get his head right. As mentioned above it also frees up the ARU budget and everyone can stop talking about him for a while, which everyone will be happy about. He was the second best fly-half in the world for a while and has great skills. Let him figure it out then come back. Everyone is better for this.

C

CanadianRugby

Gits is now saying its just part of a plan. Sabbatical to France then back to Canberra. Wonder if there will be room when he comes back?

T

Toby Lerone

While Giteau's move may be good for him, I cant help but feel that Toulon is the wrong place for him.

They already have strength in depth at 10/12, with Wilkinson and Contepomi being joined by Henson there, and players like Mafileo Kefu struggling to even make a matchday squad.

Is Giteau going to be flexible enough to play 13 when he moves to France?

C

CanadianRugby

Good point Toby, surely he isn´t going to play 9 again.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
All on this board know my views on Giteau. However I have to question why he thinks he can return a better player after playing NH rugby. Name one player who has returned from the NH better player, or even as good as when he left. Perhaps Rodney Blake, but we'll have to wait and see how he goes and he was hardly a polsihed player when he left.

As for Gits shining I am positive he could in the right conditions, but consider the fact that Chris Malone has been spoken about glowingly in the French comp in the past. Whilst I though Malone was a very good club level FH there is a reason he never made the step up to S14. In that company Gits will shine, but only in nice dry conditions, when it becomes a hard slog I think he will be in trouble.

I am also glad to see him leave as it will prevent coaches picking him on reputation/requirement and allow the development of some new up and coming talent. As an aside on this point it is a great pity that the Brumbies are foregoing the opportunity to play To'omua at FH and put Giteau in his best spot at 12. I wish Giteau all the best personally and game wise in this new segment of his career and life, but make no mistake I am happy that he will no longer be there to get an undeserved (on form) place in the Wallabies squad.

D

daz

Those who wantonly misinterpret this as malice or ill intent on my part as fucking pathetic softcocks who need a lifetime supply of uppercuts.

Oh dear. I seem to have hit a sore point. Such venom. How shall I get through the day now? I'm all upset and everything....You sound like Mr. Happy Fun guy.

I have to seriously consider whether I bother with this forum given the recent consensus on Giteau. The formerly high calibre of poster & rugby opionion on here has plummeted drastically in the past 6-12 months with the influx of clueless newbies and lightweights.

Damn. If I had known I needed to be God-like in my knowledge of rugby so I could converse with you on an online forum, I would have asked the ARU for a spell as, well, you know, legend status player, world cup winning coach and ultimately, a seat next to the lads on foxsports. Sadly, my role as mere fan and spectator is all I have.

Get over yourself.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I've got to admit I didn't read most of Nazza's rant but looking at the quote of him about a consensus on Giteau, I have to say that the consensus would most likely be in the negative, so I don't know what the issue is Naza.

I must also call you on consistency in posting and last year I believe you were one who derided me for my somewhat questioning view point on Deans policies.

A truly impressive rant Naza, dare I say of Giteau like proportions.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Naza,.. you must be the Gordon Ramsey of the G&GR?… Your comments, What a pile of unmitigated twaddle...

Giteau earned the right to play 90 tests in the Wallabies jersey under 3 Wallabies Coaches… That’s a massive achievement for any player. To slate him here after his announcement to move to new opportunities after such service is more telling of your temperance than that of Giteaus'.

I’d recommend you stop running into park cars on game day… or use some head gear at least… Other than that you could employ an editor for your misdirected utterances.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Sorry to see him go.

I think the point everyone is missing is that his knowledge and experience won't be passed down to the next generation.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Naza is identical to Gordon Ramsay in all aspects. Oh, except for the cooking skill. And sporting background. And good looks. And probably the loving family and stable living environment as well.

But he IS a foul mouthed wanker.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can someone work out how many caps Giteau will get if he plays every Wallaby game up until the WC quarter finals from what he's currently on? Would be good if his 100th if the final. Give him a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.