1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by RugbyFuture, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Gagger Nick Farr-Jones (63)

What was it meant to be - showdown?
  2. TOCC Guest

Blue Mountain State
    Rebel man likes this.
  3. waratahjesus Greg Davis (50)

THE INCREASINGLY BAD DECISIONS OF TODD MARGARET

watched the first season last night, second season has apparantly started. for Arrested Development fans. its written by David cross and also stars him along side Will Arnett. british made though, very funny.
  4. spooony Ron Walden (29)

yeah saw it as well. What happened to those days btw. Seems like it was the good old days lol
  5. RugbyReg Stirling Mortlock (74)

have only seen the 'pilot' and it was very funny.
  6. Godfrey Phil Hardcastle (33)

Darkplace
    Brass Eye
    Jam

Get on these for something different.
  7. Jnor Peter Fenwicke (45)

Haha loved Darkplace, don't think I've seen it for about 8 years, will have to rewatch it!
  8. Gagger Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Fuck me, that's from a while back. Was revolutionary at the time. Also see The Day Today for more like that
  9. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

Loved the Brass Eye episode on Cake. Absolutely brilliant. I'm also recommending Sherlock, Jekyll, Coupling, The Mighty Boosh, Arrested Development, Bored to Death, Sealab 2021, Archer, Faulty Towers, Black Books, Black Adder, The IT Crowd, Don't you open that Trap Door, Man Stroke Woman, That Mitchell & Webb Look, Peep Show and not a tv show but the podcast TOFOP (look in itunes - it's free).

Not all these will be for everyone but I like them.
  10. Badger Bill McLean (32)

Really enjoyed Sherlock (series 1) set in modern day London.much more than I expected. Refreshing new take on Sherlock Holmes.

Homeland is great as well.

Just started watching Flight of the Conchords (season 1).amusing.
  11. Gagger Nick Farr-Jones (63)

12. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

You should watch season 2, you can find it on certain sites I'm not allowed to mention, it gets even better.
    MrTimms likes this.
  13. Badger Bill McLean (32)

Series 1 certainly ended on a cliffhanger.so I'm happy to hear that series 2 lives up to expectations. Series 2 has just come out on DVD in the UK so I should be able to find it without having to resort to certain sites ;).
  14. Badger Bill McLean (32)

Swat.managed to watch series 2 of Sherlock. Really enjoyed the first episode and loved how this series ended with a WTF conclusion. Series 3 should be a beauty. It's great that they don't dilute the quality by having just 3 movie length episodes.

Disappointed to hear that CBS in the US are doing their own modern day take on Sherlock Holmes.probably stuff it up like many other US adaptations in the past. :mad:
  15. Jnor Peter Fenwicke (45)

Am about two thirds of the way through season 3 of Breaking Bad and I really need to re-iterate just how awesome it is. My mind is melting.
    Joe Mac and Brumbies Guy like this.
  16. MrTimms Ken Catchpole (46)

Why do they do that? Pisses me off.
  17. Badger Bill McLean (32)

CBS is the network which has multiple incarnations of CSI and NCIS so it shouldn't be a surprise at the lack of originality. It will probably be set in the US and they will try to add a twist to differentiate itself.maybe a female Sherlock or Watson to generate some sexual tension.
  18. matty_k Peter Johnson (47)

Most likely a female Watson or Sherlock's love interest will have a more prominent role.
  19. Badger Bill McLean (32)

Season 1 of The Walking Dead. I don't watch many horror/zombie movies so wasn't sure what to make of it beforehand. Never thought I would enjoy a zombie based TV show as much as I did.great TV. I haven't read the graphic novel series it was based on, but apparently, it is pretty faithful to it. Lots of gore, but little in the way of profanities which seemed strange to me.

Spot on.Jonny Lee Miller is cast as Sherlock and Lucy Liu is Dr Watson. It is called Elementary and set in modern day New York City. Meh.I'll stick with the BBC's Sherlock.
  20. matty_k Peter Johnson (47)

+1 on Walking Dead. Season 2 doesn't disappoint either.