• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Hey fellow die hard rowers,

what is everyones top 3 placings looking like for the 1st viii, 2nd viii, and the iv's for Gold Cup this weekend.

Who else is excited to watch these boys competitively battle there way down the course!!! I know i am.....

-GG
1st VIII: St Joseph's, King's, Ignatius
2nd VIII: Ignatius, King's, Newington
1st IV: Ignatius, King's, Shore
2nd IV: Ignatius, Shore, King's
3rd IV: Ignatius, Shore, King's
4th IV: King's, Ignatius, Shore

rowing news

Frank Row (1)
Look it's clear that St Joseph's are by no means complete locks for this First Eight race. We haven't seen much from that King's VIII, and Ignatius are closing. Shore looking to open the door with Newington on their tail. Anyones game right now.
Couldn't agree more. Kings and shore both being struck by sickness could play a vital role in who wins the head of the river in the coming weeks.

Outrageous!! I have been a part of this forum for a long time and to see it spoiled with clearly biased opinions, I cant stand it anymore. You are all clearly misinformed and don't understand the strategy behind gps rowing! Do you seriously think grammar, a school with a long standing culture of rowing, hasn't been racing past a first four the entire season!?!? Our boys are clearly still in the works, fine tuning their skills until the time is right... It's my opinion as that our alma mater has been resting their first eight for the past few weeks and this coming gold cup race will prove you all wrong! Sources have reported splits of sub 1:10 which hasn't even been TOUCHED by these Joeys or View eights. The eight has been seen time after time pulling sub 5:55 out at sirc on sunday training sessions and I. CANNOT. WAIT. For this forum to go to complete silence once Grammar prevails once more.

Mark my words. Grammar is coming.

download (1).jpeg

Daniel Jennings. Grammar.

I want Early HOTR predictions.
4th Jnr 8
3rd Jnr 8
2nd Jnr 8
1st Jnr 8
3rd 8
4th 4
3rd 4
2nd 4
1st 4
2nd 8
1st 8
AHAH please,

4th Jnr 8 - Irelevant
3rd Jnr 8 - Irelevant
2nd Jnr 8 - Irelevant
1st Jnr 8 - Grammar
3rd 8 - Irelevant
4th 4 - Irelevant
3rd 4 - Irelevant
2nd 4 - Grammar (Sub 6:40)
1st 4 - Grammar (Sub 6:30)
2nd 8 - Grammar (Sub 5:55)
1st 8 - Grammar (Sub 5:50)

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Outrageous!! I have been a part of this forum for a long time and to see it spoiled with clearly biased opinions, I cant stand it anymore. You are all clearly misinformed and don't understand the strategy behind gps rowing! Do you seriously think grammar, a school with a long standing culture of rowing, hasn't been racing past a first four the entire season!?!? Our boys are clearly still in the works, fine tuning their skills until the time is right... It's my opinion as that our alma mater has been resting their first eight for the past few weeks and this coming gold cup race will prove you all wrong! Sources have reported splits of sub 1:10 which hasn't even been TOUCHED by these Joeys or View eights. The eight has been seen time after time pulling sub 5:55 out at sirc on sunday training sessions and I. CANNOT. WAIT. For this forum to go to complete silence once Grammar prevails once more.

View attachment 18203

1707819184248.png

The Challenger

Frank Row (1)
I think we would all love to look at some comparisons from the junior boat sheds considering the interesting lead-up to HOTR. Is there any information on the Gold Cup draws and predictions for the 1st and 2nd VIIIs and the fours?

The Challenger

rowing news

Frank Row (1)
I think we would all love to look at some comparisons from the junior boat sheds considering the interesting lead-up to HOTR. Is there any information on the Gold Cup draws and predictions for the 1st and 2nd VIIIs and the fours?

The Challenger
No not that I am aware of draws are still being decided. Should be a good week of racing.

The Challenger

Frank Row (1)
The draw has just been released for Gold Cup. Interesting heat in the first VIII race with both kings, joeys, and Shore in the same heat, going to be interesting who makes it through to the final. Any updated predictions for racing this weekend in senior crews?

The Challenger

The President

Frank Nicholson (4)
The Kings 4th IV could cause some serious trouble to Riverview's hopes of sweeping the IVs. The crew consisting of Isaac Fonua (2023 Kings 1st Jr VIII 5 Seat), Lachie Moore (2023 Kings 1st Jr VIII 4 Seat), Archie McMurtrie (2023 Kings 1st Jr 2 Seat), and Edward Woodhouse-Bedak (2023 Kings 1st Jr Injured Rower) has definitely got a shot at taking out the Penrith City Council Cup come March 16

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
The Kings 4th IV could cause some serious trouble to Riverview's hopes of sweeping the IVs. The crew consisting of Isaac Fonua (2023 Kings 1st Jr VIII 5 Seat), Lachie Moore (2023 Kings 1st Jr VIII 4 Seat), Archie McMurtrie (2023 Kings 1st Jr 2 Seat), and Edward Woodhouse-Bedak (2023 Kings 1st Jr Injured Rower) has definitely got a shot at taking out the Penrith City Council Cup come March 16
Surely Fonua rows in the 8 if he rows at all.

rowing news

Frank Row (1)
The draw has just been released for Gold Cup. Interesting heat in the first VIII race with both kings, joeys, and Shore in the same heat, going to be interesting who makes it through to the final. Any updated predictions for racing this weekend in senior crews?

The Challenger
Interesting. Thanks for the input. Should be a tight heat I think joeys and shore will go through but it is anyone's race. Thoughts?

The President

Frank Nicholson (4)

The Challenger
In heat 1 I imagine it will be St Josephs qualifying in 1st Place and what will most likely be a tight tussle for the 2nd place position between Shore and Kings with there being very limited information on the Kings crew. In heat 2 it should be an easy win for Riverview with Scots, Newington, and St Augustines all having a chance to qualify for the A final in that 2nd place position. All in all, it should be another great weekend of schoolboy rowing!

fottyboars48

Stan Wickham (3)

View attachment 18203

Sorry cobba, dont think a new fillipi and c2 oars can save you, you guys look to be stuck in the mud

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Can't say I understand this. Hopefully they move up soon so we can see some fair racing. I've seen it before where schools start better rowers lower to get them back into swing of things, but if that combination rows on March 16th, it wont even be a competition. Completely unfair. Hopefully King's play fair here.

Status
Not open for further replies.