• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Grats Quade

Status
Not open for further replies.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Personally I wouldn't select him and I doubt many of the top 5 countries would, probably France. I saw PB posting above, but I struggle to see how the Boks would select him?

really? i reckon most teams bar NZ & obv australia would love to have someone with quadey's skillset in their artillery.

South Africa have Steyn < QC (Quade Cooper)
England have Farrel < QC (Quade Cooper)
Wales have Biggar and Patchell (i think?) <QC (Quade Cooper)
Frenchy's have michelak and that new guy lopez who was on debut against NZ the other night. <QC (Quade Cooper)

You get my point. In my opinion pretty much everyone would have him as their first choice fly except NZ. He wasn't chosen as first choice in aus and the whole country is going nuts over it. He is in the five best 10's in the world (in my opinion at least)

something

Jim Clark (26)
Man, Farrell is nothing special. Steyn more so but he also goes through patches of just playing like absolute shite

P

Paradox

qwerty51

Have a read of an objective view

Fairfax Media has teamed up with Accenture for the duration of the Lions tour, and they are supplying us with an array of statistics and graphs after each game. Additionally, they have come up with a player index, which we will let them explain: ''The performance index is a function of each player's actions and position on the field. A value is assigned to the multitude of actions (kick points, metres gained) and positive play yields positive values while negative play yields negative values. These values are then weighted based on the importance of the action and its impact on the game. A player's performance index number is the total of these values at any point in time. Therefore the better they play the higher the performance index and vice versa.'' So, the player with the highest player index number on Saturday? It was Quade Cooper, followed by Ben Youngs, Luke Morahan, Owen Farrell and Nick Frisby.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
QWERTY51 are you cutting and pasting from your set of replies that you gave all through our two year argument regarding the Tahs mind numbing boring playing the statistics game plan. These arguments seem to be very familiar to me.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I still can't work out if Qwerty51 is Richie McCaw's dad or a Nomme de Plume for Robbie Deans.
As for Quade's efforts as a captain on Saturday - he's a highly experienced player and as such did a reasonable job as the skipper.
He got on with the game and concentrated on the backs.
I assume a forward was vice-captain (was it AWH)? It would have been his job to march the forwards

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
What classifies positive play? Is running from your 22 positive and kicking out of it negative? Vital questions.

I'd say it would be outcome based. If you read the article, that was fairly clear I thought.

So if the clearance kick was good, positive. If running out of your 22 was the right option, positive.

If running out of your 22 lost the ball, then negative. Bit of simple logic.

But castigating Cooper for running out of his 22 when it was clearly a game plan set by the coach is a touch harsh, don't you think?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Anyway, this should be taken to the Reds v Lions thread.

This thread also seems to be reaching it's natural life expectancy. I don't think there's much more to be said about QC (Quade Cooper) and captaincy than has already been said.

youngone

Allen Oxlade (6)
Look at the replay, who is geeing up the boys before kick off?
It was Robinson.

Not all leadership styles mean yelling at players and psyching them up. What about in the dressing room when QC (Quade Cooper) is having quiet words to Frisby and on the field reassuring and encouraging the forwards after getting punished in the set piece?

Despite the small bits of pump-up footage to the contrary, Horwill is not the jump up and down and make a big deal captain either. Sharpe had that role with the Wallabies.

Genia has held that role with the Reds regardless of who the captain has been (Fainga'a, Slipper, Horwill...)

D

daz

I agree this thread has come to it's natural conclusion. All that is left is for it to become yet another QC (Quade Cooper)-focused spank-fest and frankly, there is enough of that elsewhere on the fora.

Well done on the honour of captaining your state, Quade.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.