• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Have you ever lost "respect" for your favourite players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well I am Godfrey, I am offended that these blokes are posting about where they are going for dinner & what "G" string they just bought in Melbourne at a bargain price after after getting spanked in a Bledisloe.

If they aren't hurting after a loss like that then they should go chase some Euros in France & leave the Gold jersey for those that do.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Well don't follow their tweets then if you don't like them. You are just feeding their egos. As soon as they start seeing their number of followers drop they will pull their heads in. Reminds me of when my wife buys a chick mag then complains that it's full of crap.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Well don't follow their tweets then if you don't like them. You are just feeding their egos. As soon as they start seeing their number of followers drop they will pull their heads in. Reminds me of when my wife buys a chick mag then complains that it's full of crap.
I am at the point where I may stop following them, I am only just getting into Twitter and thought they might offer some insight into the game or the team.

A serious tweet from the coaching staff would be a great idea.

BTW, last I heard the team was pumped

T

TOCC

They aren't going to talk to much about rugby, that's the job of the media department and they have most likely been told not to. Players from other code have gotten In trouble for talking about there coaches and other teams on Twitter

F

fiona

Not really. Sounds like they just don't fit others' ideas of how they should behave.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think humanising the players and the fact they show they have personalities outside of rugger is a good thing. They do also post a fair bit about their training, rather than their actual games.

It is kind of funny seeing them act like the jocks they were at school though. Still, many of us were no better.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
The amount of hair gel does seem directly linked to likelihood to tweet

I'd think a professional footy player should be able to find the time to tweet if they like want, and not at the sacrifice of their skills, fitness or mongrel. Corey Jane tweets (again, hairgel quotient)

Whether those tweets are worth following is another matter.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If a rugby player tweets and no one reads it, does it make any sound?

Twitter - base word twit. Stop reading the rubbish and they will stop writing it.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)

Twitter - base word twit. Stop reading the rubbish and they will stop writing it.

I agree, WTF are you guys doing on Twitter anyway?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

I thought it was more Shakespearean - " To whit" abridged to T'wit, usually used before one says something completely banal. :)
Maybe I should have t'weeted that.

D

daz

I thought it was more Shakespearean - " To whit" abridged to T'wit, usually used before one says something completely banal. :)
Maybe I should have t'weeted that.

Ah, the eternal question: T'weet or not t'weet?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I agree, WTF are you guys doing on Twitter anyway?

We're making $thousands out of it....

More seriously - it's another place you get to read people's opinions etc and "meet them", except without having to read more than 140 characters at a go. A bit like this forum would be like if everyone wrote like Fatprop.

Differences are that there are more coaches, journo's, players etc on Twitter. Downside is that not all they write is worth reading, but then you don't have to follow them.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
I used to have a lot of respect for matt giteau as a good player.

That was until I met him.

Now him on twitter makes him justify himself as the bigger moron.

What someone needs to do is sending a link of this forum or a blog about with their thoughts about them on Twitter to the boys so they get somewhat of a wake up call.

IMO actions speak louder than words, they can say shit but can't back it up (or gets red carded instead)

Remember Nemani Nadolo had read G&GR in the past :)

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
Geeze they're only human just let them have a bit of fun. whats wrong with a bit of banter..

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Look don't get me wrong, it's great they are on twitter and "connecting" with the fans, but some of the stuff they say like "boys are pumped" (thank you James O'Connor) before a game, and get thumped by 21 points & have players sent off...... Screw it, play pretty woefully, perhaps they're spending too much time on twitter.

I respect the ABs on twitter a bit more. Least they don't talk smack.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
JO'C is 19, isn't he? Why are we expecting a 19 year old who spends his time in the golden circle of Aus Rugby with unlimited resources available to him to act any differently?

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Haha he recently turned the big 20 of late.

What he should be doing other than tweeting, is perfecting his game.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
What he should be doing other than tweeting, is perfecting his game.

Im sorry but that is just bullshit. Is he allowed to have a coffee every now and again? Because in reality that would be time better spent perfecting his game. What about talking to his mother on the phone? Those valuable seconds could be spent on front on defence, or analysing videos of old matches.

I've heard he goes to the movies once a week! What a fucking outrage!

Status
Not open for further replies.