• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Reds Super Rugby 2015 Rnd 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
73 minutes gone. Murday penalised for playing the bill while onto on his feet, after he knocks it on, he has a go at raking the ball back. PING.

Clan on hot attack after the kick to touch and almost score.
75 minutes gone score still Clan 17 Reds 10.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Prior puts a foot out just short of the line, Clan at the right end of the ground, tho & should be able to close it out from here (so sayeth the Kiss Of Death).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A Fainga'a stupidly gives away the penalty and costing the losing bonus point. This team is hilarious.

Reactions: gel

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
PK Clan, 30ish out & a handy angle. Parker can put this to bed right here, right now. And does, 20-10. Funny how I'm only the KOD where my team(s) are concerned...........

PK Reds, chance to claw back a BP & they sensibly take it. JOC (James O'Connor) nails it with plenty to spare, 20-13 with only seconds left.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
JOC (James O'Connor) about to salvage losing BP for Reds and he nails it from the 10 metre line 15 metres from touch.

Time almost up Reds 13 Clan 20.

Siren sounds. Reds had the Gilbert for one last attempt but it goes out after a couple of phases.

Sir blows the Acme Thunderer for no game.

Clan take the chocolates by 20 - 13. Visitors come away with a losing BP.

1 Try apiece. Penalty kicks the difference.

Plenty for the Reds to work on in their discipline and defence, and discover their attack.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There is some life left in the Red beast, but it is well disguised.

The Clan were vulnerable, and when the Reds got their nose in front, they were unable to keep their foot on the Clan's throat to close out the game.

Defence looked nervous and they played as if they had just met each other for the first time at the Brisbane Airport to catch the plane to NZ.

QC (Quade Cooper) can not return from Team Rehab early enough.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
JOC (James O'Connor) nails a tough kick ~45m out from the right. Reds back in bonus point territory.
Say what you like about him but he's got balls of steel.

The Reds need a new coach. I have no idea what sort of game they're trying to play. All just a bit nothing. Throw it around and hope something happens. Good individual players but precious little team coherence.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I watched the last 15 mins and have to say I liked what I saw from James O'Connor.

I thought Adam Thomson had another good game.

I'll leave it at that.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Post match interview: JOC (James O'Connor) claims that the Reds did have a game plan!

Call that RG lynching mob back home.

Reactions: gel
Status
Not open for further replies.