• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

HSBC Sevens 2018-19

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Oz sevens limp out getting mid table finish - oz sevens team need at least probably two more players with genuine pace and skills to match top teams.

We are realistically no chance for the olympics with the current squad

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Looks like for the second week in a row a balls up for the 7s coverage. Currently not available in Australia

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ or NZ. Luckily they're showing the Fed Cup SF between, um, Straya & Belarus. Da fuck.

NZ women had a chance to set a new record for consecutive wins but only got away with a 17-17 by Russia c/- a post-hooter try.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Our girls went down to what has been a very ordinary England side all season in the qtrs. If France get a good result our automatic Olympics spot is in threat going to the last round.

Their decline has been rather alarming all season, they are very (dare I say it) wallaby like with their side to side style and it’s getting picked off, funnily enough an ex wallabies assistant and fly half has been heavily involved with the 7s program of late. Team desperately needs more power players.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
QF results were Canada 17-14 Russia, USA 26-19 New Zealand, Australia 7-21 England, France 19-0 Ireland

Gotta wonder what's up with NZ, sure we're missing some players but from dominating the comp to drawing with Russia & getting thumped by France, that's a long way to fall in a short period of time.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ 36-0 Russia
Aus 29-7 Ireland

Fifth-place Final at 17:42 AEST.

Canada 24-12 USA in Cup SF1, SF2 France v England underway.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Without wanting to state the fucking obvious, if NZ had played like this yesterday & first up today they'd be playing for a gong not fifth.......

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah NZL were far too good that first half. We barely touched the ball.

Green had perhaps the poorest campaign I've seen from her. So much dropped ball and couldn't find space. Rebels3 was bang on in saying that our attack was too lateral. Coincidentally I thought it was much better in the 2nd half and we saw some results there.

Caslick was bloody classy in her first tournament back and I thought Lilly Dick was impressive as well, for a relative rookie.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Canada 7-5 England but why oh why would Canada take Williams who has serious pace off early then send her back out to essentially play halfback/ 1st5? Landry of course got the winner but 2min into overtime.