• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
N

I especially focus upon 2019 planning now as surely the QRU cannot financially or otherwise afford yet another year in 2019 like the 2014-18 block have been and with current (real numbers) home crowds around 7-8,000?

Given their crowds, why aren't the back at Ballymore? I'm sure that Mark McBain would be able to do a bit of maintenance to fix the joint up.:)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Given their crowds, what aren't the back at Ballymore? I'm sure that Mark McBain would be able to do a bit of maintenance to fix the joint up.:)

An increasingly valid question.

The economics of large stadia use by 'series' users (such as the QRU/Reds) is complex as often State Govts subsidise the cost of a code or major team using them.

But there absolutely comes a time when low gross gate takings really starts to hurt the user big time as effective net $ income from paying members and walk-ups after all stadia and other costs are paid becomes materially negative (ie the using customer has a net negative cash payment out for stadia use each game vs a net gross profit cash payment in from each game back to them).

When/if this starts to happen as a pattern over say 8 home games, the aggregate financial cost for a low-profit/low-reserves stadium user can spiral into a very financially dangerous situation.

Partly, this is precisely what happened in 2008-9 to the QRU when it hit de facto bankruptcy and only a big ARU loan bailed it. There were other factors then, but poor gross gate income was a significant one.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Based on last week the Canes just need to charge down every slow clearance kick that Lucas and Lance make - worked wonders for the Sunwolves.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Ever played in one of those games as a kid where at re-start the discussion is "who wants to score the next one?"

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
The problem with us scoring is that we then have to try and get out of our half on the restart.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.